Lack of New Trophies

Fizzgiglatte

So, I've really mostly just been enjoying the game as is, but ever since the last major update that wrapped up the Liyue Archon quests, I've been slowly becoming more curious and a little bothered by this... They did not add new trophies for the new content. There's a trophy to complete Mondstadt's storyline, but they didn't add one for the completion of Liyue. I wouldn't be surprised if this means they will never be adding anything new for PS4 trophy lists, or at least not for a long, long time. Maybe Dragonspine will prove this wrong, but I seriously doubt it. 

Not a big issue, or dealbreaker or anything. Just interesting and slightly disappointing lol

If anyone has any thoughts, or can think of any other reason why the Liyue conclusion didn't come with trophies, feel free to add. 

Let's wait to the Inazuma continent. I bet they will put some trophies there.

They are adding a big content patch every 6 weeks or so, and they plan to expand this game for years. If they wanted to add trophies for every one of these patches, it would be the biggest trophy list in no time.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Ekir said:

Let's wait to the Inazuma continent. I bet they will put some trophies there.

They are adding a big content patch every 6 weeks or so, and they plan to expand this game for years. If they wanted to add trophies for every one of these patches, it would be the biggest trophy list in no time.

I guess my thinking is that, since Mondstadt had a trophy for the conclusion to the Archon Quest, it seems obvious that Liyue should have as well. But they didn't do that.

We're not really gonna know until they do the first update that adds a new full region. Apparently even the upcoming mountain isn't considered the biggest size update, so it may be that only those will come with trophies.

The base game has Monstadt and first part of Liyue. It's even possible that the next update will have a trophy list that's second half Liyue, first half Inazuma, and they'll do a "cliffhanger" each time!

• Like 2

On 12/22/2020 at 2:31 PM, cometowner said:

You haven’t 100% the game yet and you are asking for more trophies 

I'm just curious about it jeez. I never even asked for trophies. Just curious about the lack of them with story updates, when it seemed they were going to set up a pattern (ie Mondstadt Archon quest) and made a thread to potentially discuss why and such. It doesn't really matter if I haven't 100% the game. Didn't know that was a prerequisite to being interested in speculating on some odd dev choices..

On 12/26/2020 at 8:16 AM, sealightbreeze said:

Exactly! Just enjoy the game. If it’s only trophies you’re after- find another game. This game was released as an unfinished product. Give them time. 

I am just enjoying the game. I never said or alluded to trophies being the only thing I'm after. Read my post again maybe. I literally said "I'm enjoying it as is", and "Not a big issue or dealbreaker..." referring to the trophies. Also, the main reason my profile is seemingly so inactive as well is because I'm basically only playing this game lol 

Yeah the game was released as an unfinished product. And...? That's why I'm curious why (and what others may think) the story update concluding Liyue did not include a "Complete the Liyue Archon quest" or, now, why Dragonspine didn't include anything at all. With that, I'm even more convinced they don't plan to add any new trophies at all. 

Does that mean the game is bad or that I'm even criticizing it at all? Not at all. Silly to even think that honestly. I'm still playing and enjoying. I'm also interested in this. (And yes sometimes trophies are fun!) Those things can coexist. 

• Like 4

On 12/22/2020 at 11:31 AM, cometowner said:

You haven’t 100% the game yet and you are asking for more trophies 

Doesn't mean people can't have a desire for more trophies. If the only things that are left are some chests and char upgrades - you know you will get this stuff given enough time.

I'd also love to see more trophies added to the game but I highly doubt they will. Liyue was a perfect opportunity to expand the trophy list, and so was the Dragonspine. At this point, I'm pretty sure future updates won't bring any new trophies. I'd like to be wrong on that though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

About 10% of the playerbase plays on PS4, and that plus the lack of trophies past version 1.0 to me means no new trophies ever. After all it doesn't make sense development-wise to spend resources on that.

The trophies already look very uninspired and like they just made whatever because they didn't care but are required by Sony to have them.

Still, with in-game achievements already existing I dunno why they don't just simply tie some achievements to trophies and call it a day.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they took a Destiny 2 or Tera approach. Instead did adding new trophies just simply focus on letting the in-game Achievement system be their for the completionist. On Mobile/PC it's what most people will be using anyways, and will always be more expansive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/27/2021 at 5:22 PM, Kalvitron said:

Do games that don't have platinum trophies ever add more trophies for DLC? I've never seen this before, but that obviously doesn't mean it's never happened.

Yes. Gems of War is the most notorious example I know of. 

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4046-gems-of-war