Assassin’s Creed Rogue might be my favorite so far.

First time Assassin’s Creed player (other then 1) making my way through the series and Platinuming them on the way.  Up until Rogue, Assassin's Creed 3 was my favorite.  Black Flag was GREAT but I liked the quick naval missions in 3 combined with the Revolutionary War storyline on land.  AC 4 was a fun sandbox but felt mostly ship oriented with a lot less to do on land other then finding treasures. Rogue seems to have continued polishing the series and now land is on equal footing with sea.  That, and Shay is one badass looking hero (yes, I said hero!).  Absolutely loving exploring in this one, more then in Black Flag.  

I also LOVE the storyline and how 3 was set in 1775, Black Flag 50-60 years before 3 (with Freedom Cry 15 years after Black Flag) and now Rogue set during the French & Indian war, showing an old Adewale and a young Achilles and tying the whole story together!  I haven’t played it yet but I hear once this storyline finally ties together, Unity continues it!

Anyone else agree?  I’m NOT on the “Ezio” is the best Assassin/Assassin’s Creed game/trilogy bandwagon, I’m 100% behind the 2nd “trilogy” so far!

Edited by SanguinousRex
  • Like 3

Rogue was a good one - actually was pretty well recieved and reviewed as I recall, as it came out simultaneously with Unity, which had quite a few technical issues at launch. (To be fair, by the time I played Unity a year or so after it came out, I had not glitches or problems of any kind, and it is now probably my favourite AC game!) 

Rogue does tie in with Unity at the end, but really, only at the VERY end. It is it’s own game really - and a damn fine one -, much more similar to Black Flag in gameplay terms than to Unity.

Agreed as well, I loved Rogue, it's up there in my AC ranking. It actually covers some interesting points in the lore of the franchise.

HOWEVER I enjoy Rogue this much because of the other AC games in the series. Had I went AC 1-2-3- Rogue directly, I would have not liked the game as much. As it is, it's in the perfect spot in the series.

28 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Rogue was a good one - actually was pretty well recieved and reviewed as I recall, as it came out simultaneously with Unity, which had quite a few technical issues at launch. (To be fair, by the time I played Unity a year or so after it came out, I had not glitches or problems of any kind, and it is now probably my favourite AC game!)

I've always been a fan of AC since the 1st game. But the last game I bought day one was Ac3, and I waited some time for patches to "not ruin" the experience.  I played Unity after they got the game right and for me it's one of the best AC games.  

I played the remaster of Rogue this year and I really enjoyed it.  Being from Quebec it was great to have a game about a part of our History!!  And Shay was fun character to play.

• Like 1

Rogue has more charm and personality than Unity. Personally I'd go with Black Flag as being slightly better but the online trophies are an annoyance. Without those Black Flag might of been the most enjoyable platinum in the Assassin's Creed series that I've gone for.

Shay Cormac does a fine job, and Rogue adds some more features to make the ship pirate experience more enjoyable.