Update 1.004 has possibly made online boosting more complicated

Asimb0mb

Yesterday, the game got updated to version 1.004. Looked around on the internet and it seems that one of the changes is that the 'invasion limit' option in network settings has been removed. Previously, you could turn off the invasion limit so that two players could connect regardless of their progress in the game.

With this update, it seems that two players who want to boost the online trophies will have to be within 10 levels + 10% of each other to be able to connect. So someone who is level 20 can only connect with someone who is anywhere between level 8 and 32. Unless they made the invasion limit off by default, in which case there are no such limitations.

I haven't tested this myself, so do post your experiences here.

Edited by Asimb0mb
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

password as far as i know, makes the level difference void. So you can join whoever has same password regardless of SL.

As far as I know, you had to turn off invasion limit to be able to connect with others outside of your level range. Have you tested this in version 1.004?

Edited by Asimb0mb

I think they removed password invasions so players can't manipulate world and character tendencies like that. to change my world and character tendency all I had to do was tell me friend to invade me via password and then I would kill him or vice vera for the opposite effect. there is a chance they realized that and removed it. after the update I haven't been able to invade him via password anymore , I can always go to his world as blue phantom and assist him but not as a red phantom anymore. this is all via password. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I recently had a password and had someone try to invade me with same password.  It didn’t work at all until I switched from my US server to his EU server, then he pretty much invaded me every time.  We were within soul range so I still don’t know if that is an issue with the patch.  By the way, someone else invaded me also, I just killed him a few times also since it helped my character tendency. 

2 hours ago, OTPYG said:

A friend and I tried to invade each other with password, same server etc. He’s 30 levels above me. Game wouldn’t let it happen. Tried for over an hour..

if anyone here is a lowly 70-something level like me and wants to try, let me know!!

Did you try with the Red Eye Stone, it lets you manually summon a specific invader???

• 2 weeks later...