Multiplayer rank keeps resetting to 1

Ghost_of_Ziggy

No. That's a problem with almost all of the last gen cod servers. CoD4, Waw, MW2, Bo1 and i think even mw3 are resetting your rank if you have an account who hasn't played before 2017 (don't know the exact deadline). All accs newer than that are always resetting the rank, once you leave the multiplayer or get disconnected. You have to get the combat training and wager match trophies in one session now. Older accs, for example you started the game in 2012 and didn't play since then are completely fine. Your rank updates frequently and you won't get a reset.

Edited by westersburg

I don't have the game but I had several problems with activision published games. I had to do all the wolfenstein grinding in one session because my stats didn't register properly. Same thing for both transformers war and fall of cybertron. If I quit the game or lost connectivity, all my stats were wiped out. My account was created in 2008, I've never changed my PSN ID, and I never played the games I mention until 2019/2020. So it seems to be the same issue as me and what westerburg is saying.

And by the way, I also had connectivity issues with DJHero 1 and 2. Guess what? also by activision. I couldn't search online games but others could. And it wasn't a NAT issue because I even got NAT 1 by letting my PS3 get a public IP, so all ports were open, NAT1 shown on screen, and nothing, I could host, but not join, and matchmaking in DJHero 2 was non-working either.

Edited by Wip3r_U
typos

1 hour ago, westersburg said:

No. That's a problem with almost all of the last gen cod servers. CoD4, Waw, MW2, Bo1 and i think even mw3 are resetting your rank if you have an account who hasn't played before 2017 (don't know the exact deadline). All accs newer than that are always resetting the rank, once you leave the multiplayer or get disconnected. You have to get the combat training and wager match trophies in one session now. Older accs, for example you started the game in 2012 and didn't play since then are completely fine. Your rank updates frequently and you won't get a reset.

From what I've seen on reddit is the account has to be older than 2015, and has started the game. Can't change your username either or it breaks it too, treating it like a new psn account

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

From what I've seen on reddit is the account has to be older than 2015, and has started the game. Can't change your username either or it breaks it too, treating it like a new psn account

2015 seems a bit extreme. I have an alternate acc from early 2016 and this one works fine. But yeah, we agree on the fact that the age of the account is what matters for that problem. Renaming counts as a new account.

Yeah i had the same issues and it does not mean you cannot get the platinum as i got it not that long ago.Just do the rank 10 in one session and as for the wager matches just dont DC from the servers and make sure you have players to do the wager matches.If you get reset play 1 mp match and rank up and thats enough cod points for wagers matches really is as easy as that.

Edited by The_Retro_Maniac
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Plague_Dominate said:

Its kind of worrying now because i have a lot of other ps3 games to finish, is this just with games published by Activision? 

Mainly, yes. Although I don’t think this is all down to account age. I made this current account in 2017 and I did Wolfenstein late last year, and blur just recently without any issues. I’m not sure if this is the same with the older cod games, but so far the account creation theory has only actually been a theory. It’s not something to purely go off of. If you haven’t started any of these games then I’d just recommend trying it without syncing first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ziggypop_79 said:

I have got to to level 10 using the combat training twice, however. I come out that mode, staying on the server, simply to access wager matches it will still rest me back to level 1. I’ve had the same user name since 2013, but I never played Black Ops back in the day. 

Yeah that's your problem, since you never played it prior to that date, it's pretty much considered a new account to the servers

• 1 month later...

The platinum is still obtainable even for new accounts. You don't need to reach rank 10 to access the Wager Matches, you just need 10 COD pts minimum to play one regardless of your rank. Just play a TDM, get at least one kill and you'll have enough points for Wager Matches. I'm not sure if you can win them in multiple sessions (after exiting the MP and having your stats reset) as it took me only 5 games in a row without exiting for the trophy. I'd recommend you to search for Gun Game since it's the most popular one; I found lobbies quickly.

On 15/12/2020 at 11:31 AM, ziggypop_79 said:

I have got to to level 10 using the combat training twice, however. I come out that mode, staying on the server, simply to access wager matches it will still rest me back to level 1.

Combat training ranks are separate from regular MP ranks.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've returned to the PS3 with the intent of platinuming old games on my new account and I'm obviously encountering the same issues that everyone else is. However, my question is more along the lines of when is the best time to play wager matches for the trophy as I have been trying for a few nights with no success. Some people joined my game after I invited them from recent player tab, but nobody else joined. Does anybody have any general times that they recommend trying to search for games? I'm based in US Northeast btw.

On 2/7/2021 at 7:10 PM, Z-A-N-D-R-O said:

The platinum is still obtainable even for new accounts. You don't need to reach rank 10 to access the Wager Matches, you just need 10 COD pts minimum to play one regardless of your rank. Just play a TDM, get at least one kill and you'll have enough points for Wager Matches. I'm not sure if you can win them in multiple sessions (after exiting the MP and having your stats reset) as it took me only 5 games in a row without exiting for the trophy. I'd recommend you to search for Gun Game since it's the most popular one; I found lobbies quickly.

Combat training ranks are separate from regular MP ranks.

I am unable to find any games on my region servers, do you know if I played with someone in a different region, would it allow me to find games?

• 8 months later...
On 3/6/2021 at 9:29 PM, GeraltOfRivia920 said:

I've returned to the PS3 with the intent of platinuming old games on my new account and I'm obviously encountering the same issues that everyone else is. However, my question is more along the lines of when is the best time to play wager matches for the trophy as I have been trying for a few nights with no success. Some people joined my game after I invited them from recent player tab, but nobody else joined. Does anybody have any general times that they recommend trying to search for games? I'm based in US Northeast btw.

i know this post is a bit old but for future reference what i did was use 2 controllers and gain some money in a regular match. one or 2 maches will get you enough to wager. if you hopefully have a second ps3, or 1-2 boosting partners they can do the same with 2 controller. 6 is needed to start. i had 2 ps3s and i searched every lobby until i found someone sitting there idle and asked them nicely if theyd join my lobby to help out. as long as your in the top 3 it counts. so ven if you legit gun it out with the random youll be in the top 3. just have to make sure your alts gets a few dollars to keep continuing. 

• 3 weeks later...

So basically I recently bought a PS3 Slim set up a PSN account and everything else,

When I play CoD Bo1 CoD Mw2 the multiplayer stats Always Reset after leaving the game.

Is there any solution to this? And is there anyone here trying to work towards a solution for it 

thx

Edited by AbuHumamAl_Iraqi
Mistakes and typos

57 minutes ago, AbuHumamAl_Iraqi said:

So basically I recently bought a PS3 Slim set up a PSN account and everything else,

When I play CoD Bo1 CoD Mw2 the multiplayer stats Always Reset after leaving the game.

Is there any solution to this? And is there anyone here trying to work towards a solution for it 

thx

Are they legit stats? or hacked. The servers and games are still running.

37 minutes ago, AbuHumamAl_Iraqi said:

I see, if that’s the case then is there at least a 3rd party trying to patch it? Or just someone?

I doubt anyone anywhere is working on anything.

28 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Watch for hack servers etc, if you get them hack trophies, mind as well say byebye to your profile here.

Those games aren't even worth the time now.

Since when do either Black Ops 1 or Modern Warfare 2 have hackers that unlock trophies? It’s Black Ops 2 you need to watch out for.

1 minute ago, Z1MZUM said:

The issue is anyone starting the game after 2017 will never have their stats saved. You have to have started it before then to have them saved.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

I just started the game and yes they’re legit played some games level up to 3 quit game and then it resets everything 

9 hours ago, NERVergoproxy said:

I assume its all the BO MW COD on their profile. So I was simply giving him a heads up as his new profile consist of mainly those kind of games, to look out for hackers of any sort if he values his profile here.

What are you implying exactly?

Edited by AbuHumamAl_Iraqi
Typo

22 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

I doubt anyone anywhere is working on anything.

Since when do either Black Ops 1 or Modern Warfare 2 have hackers that unlock trophies? It’s Black Ops 2 you need to watch out for.

The issue is anyone starting the game after 2017 will never have their stats saved. You have to have started it before then to have them saved.

I've read this is only on PSN since the name changing ability.

I'd purposely get into hacked lobby and see what happens.

• Like 1