About 100% this game

TheVengeance1231

Difficulty is fairly low - just playing the game will net you most of the trophies -  basically, you can approach 2 ways:

You can go for specific trophies, and try to build to them specifically, and it will be a miserable grind full of frustration and failure.

OR

Just play, have fun, build a few cities you really like, then afterwards, see what you have left to do, and maybe build a specific city to satisfy those.

Word of advice - always play with day/night cycle On, and disasters at max frequency, as those will cut down any grinding at the end, but other than that, you are probably looking at 60-70 hours ish? There is one trophy for getting a very rare disaster to happen, and it is rng, so can happen naturally or not. I didn’t get it, so just left a mostly empty city running overnight for a few nights running until I got it, but aside from that it not too bad a grind.

fantastic game btw - really great fun

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Difficulty is fairly low - just playing the game will net you most of the trophies -  basically, you can approach 2 ways:

You can go for specific trophies, and try to build to them specifically, and it will be a miserable grind full of frustration and failure.

OR

Just play, have fun, build a few cities you really like, then afterwards, see what you have left to do, and maybe build a specific city to satisfy those.

Word of advice - always play with day/night cycle On, and disasters at max frequency, as those will cut down any grinding at the end, but other than that, you are probably looking at 60-70 hours ish? There is one trophy for getting a very rare disaster to happen, and it is rng, so can happen naturally or not. I didn’t get it, so just left a mostly empty city running overnight for a few nights running until I got it, but aside from that it not too bad a grind.

fantastic game btw - really great fun

70 hours to get all trophies including DLC?? Really??

A lot shorter than I think!!

14 minutes ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

70 hours to get all trophies including DLC?? Really??

A lot shorter than I think!!

well, I’m basing that on the idea that you would have all dlc installed from the start, so wouldn’t need to -as I did - create new cities to do stuff like universities and fishing industry stuff etc. that the dlc added.

also, that doesn’t include any grind time to get the ‘What The...’ trophy - as I said, that took like 50 additional hours for me, but was purely idle rubber-band time overnight, so not really a big chew

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

well, I’m basing that on the idea that you would have all dlc installed from the start, so wouldn’t need to -as I did - create new cities to do stuff like universities and fishing industry stuff etc. that the dlc added.

also, that doesn’t include any grind time to get the ‘What The...’ trophy - as I said, that took like 50 additional hours for me, but was purely idle rubber-band time overnight, so not really a big chew

What's the best strat for 1001 nights then? from what i heard, that trophy alone can take 100+ hours from your time

1 hour ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

How long it takes to 100% this game?

What is the difficulty to 100% this game?

Good to see you Vengeance!
Without a guide it will probably take you 150-250 hours to finish all but 1 trophy. With a guide I'd guess 125-175. 

The chirpnado trophy, within the disaster DLC is random, I've read Steam posts of people putting in 2,000+ hours and still not getting that trophy. Other posts have claimed it appeared in under 25 hours.

Difficulty wise, I'd give the game a 1/10. It's a very simplistic game, so long as you plan before you build.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phantochi said:

What's the best strat for 1001 nights then? from what i heard, that trophy alone can take 100+ hours from your time

nah, don’t think so. It took a little longer for me, as I didn’t look at the trophy list for my first 30 odd hours, and so played with day/night cycle off (which stops trophy progress on this one) but tbh, based on the percentages, you are pretty likely to get this long before ‘What The...’, so it would be ongoing along with that, rubberbanding overnight for a few nights after all other trophies are obtained, and I already said, I don’t include that time in my estimate, as it is not really ‘gaming’ time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

How long it takes to 100% this game?

What is the difficulty to 100% this game?

What is the difficulty to 100% this game?could take anywhere from 50 hours to 500 hours, I took about 320 because of the stupid special disaster trophy

Edited by cbh114
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, VigilantCrow said:

Good to see you Vengeance!
Without a guide it will probably take you 150-250 hours to finish all but 1 trophy. With a guide I'd guess 125-175. 

The chirpnado trophy, within the disaster DLC is random, I've read Steam posts of people putting in 2,000+ hours and still not getting that trophy. Other posts have claimed it appeared in under 25 hours.

Difficulty wise, I'd give the game a 1/10. It's a very simplistic game, so long as you plan before you build.

Long time no see!!

I want to hunt more rare trophies,  so I think about this game.

I think I will play with a guide,  thanks for your time and difficulty estimate.

5 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

nah, don’t think so. It took a little longer for me, as I didn’t look at the trophy list for my first 30 odd hours, and so played with day/night cycle off (which stops trophy progress on this one) but tbh, based on the percentages, you are pretty likely to get this long before ‘What The...’, so it would be ongoing along with that, rubberbanding overnight for a few nights after all other trophies are obtained, and I already said, I don’t include that time in my estimate, as it is not really ‘gaming’ time.

But I saw trophy guide,  install dlc will have problem to main game trophies.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/cities-skylines-playstation-4-edition-na-eu/guide/

So which way should I do?

Install or not install dlc when start playing? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

I started with all DLC installed. The extra buildings and transit options, make growing your city a lot easier.

You can always choose to backup your save, delete the game, redownload just the base and restore the save, so that you don't need to do the Disaster DLC scenarios.

Edited by VigilantCrow
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

Long time no see!!

I want to hunt more rare trophies,  so I think about this game.

I think I will play with a guide,  thanks for your time and difficulty estimate.

But I saw trophy guide,  install dlc will have problem to main game trophies.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/cities-skylines-playstation-4-edition-na-eu/guide/

install.

I had no issues whatsoever with them installed, and got the plat without any problems.

The dlcs are good, and It’s a better game with them - when I played, I had 4 or 5 of the dlcs installed - but have done the newer dlcs since then, and I found it more fun when they were integrated into the game from the start, than doing them individually after the fact.

maybe it makes some of the main game trophies take a bit longer, but when you factor in that you are planning to go for the 100%, and so would be doing the dlc anyways, it is much the same overall.

TBH, if all you care about is the speed at which you can get the trophies, I suggest not playing this one. It’s a fantastic game, but is best when you just focus on playing, and let the trophies happen naturally. It would be a miserable game if all you are doing is min/maxing cities to get the trophies as fast and efficiently.

there are faster Ultra Rare trophies out there to be gotten - Cities Skyline is not really a game to play unless you think you are going to enjoy the process of just crafting a beautiful, working city - for pure ruthless trophy gathering speed, it is not well suited at all.

• Like 3

Thanks for both,  then I will start with all dlc installed.

I think I will balance between speed and enjoy the game.

I will use some time enjoy the game,  but will not do many things that do not benefit trophy.

I choose this game because it is free for ps plus before,  making game owner very large.  Also it has a lots dlc.  So the dlc trophies are very rare (in psntrophyleaders),  also it is easy game,  so it is time efficient to hunt those trophies. 

• Like 1

So, I’m also interested in doing this game as I love simulation games. Question though, is it getting more expansion packs, or are they done? This is a 100% completion rate account so I can’t have anything that can prevent that such as glitched trophies, and I know this game has had numerous glitches trophies in dlc in the past. So then, is Sunset Harbor the last pack?

18 minutes ago, Retronplay said:

So, I’m also interested in doing this game as I love simulation games. Question though, is it getting more expansion packs, or are they done? This is a 100% completion rate account so I can’t have anything that can prevent that such as glitched trophies, and I know this game has had numerous glitches trophies in dlc in the past. So then, is Sunset Harbor the last pack?

probably not, these games are very well supported, and have an exceptionally long tail dlc-wise. 

11 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

probably not, these games are very well supported, and have an exceptionally long tail dlc-wise. 

I'm interested to know but I can't see any news either way. Most of the buzz online seems to be geared towards DLC being done and cities skylines 2 coming soon. Absolutely nothing to support that though obviously 

• Like 1