How is the game? Other than the trophy glitches/PS5 bugs.

danistheguy

Just curious if you all are enjoying the game other than the bugs. Is it fun? How does it rank in terms of arcade racers? Thinking about picking this up and yes I've got my eye on the glitches mentioned here, but just curious if, well, it's a good game. :) How are you all liking it? 

On 19.12.2020 at 8:24 PM, P-Low14 said:

Game is a well polished fun arcade racer. Just what I was looking for to scratch that itch. Highly reccomend to any arcade racing fan. Ps5 version has some of the most impressive dynamic weather and lighting effects I've ever seen.

and stutters every few seconds - yeah that view is amazing in 10fps *facepalm*

Played though this crap 3 times now - once right b4 i was done it crashed on me and save file corrupted

Next i played through the entire games with all the trophybugs and official statement by codemasters that trophies will be retroactive.

patch 2.0 went live and i couldnt start career, so i couldnt get the trophies. well played codemasters...

hotfix launched and i got all but the takedown trophy. looking at the trophy, a lot of people unlocked the trophy already so i uploaded my save file and started a new one. played through the career and the patch 2.0+hotfix wasnt a great idea.... game stopped crashing, but the stuttering began. This is even less fun than a crashing game. you can jestart a game on ps5 in seconds, but the stuttering in EVERY race is annoying. Still played through the entire game a third time just to unlock all takedowns to get screwed again.... no trophy popped.

i am done with this game. i shouldve played the PS4 version and just quit.

6 hours ago, LoAlexandria said:

and stutters every few seconds - yeah that view is amazing in 10fps *facepalm*

Played though this crap 3 times now - once right b4 i was done it crashed on me and save file corrupted

Next i played through the entire games with all the trophybugs and official statement by codemasters that trophies will be retroactive.

patch 2.0 went live and i couldnt start career, so i couldnt get the trophies. well played codemasters...

hotfix launched and i got all but the takedown trophy. looking at the trophy, a lot of people unlocked the trophy already so i uploaded my save file and started a new one. played through the career and the patch 2.0+hotfix wasnt a great idea.... game stopped crashing, but the stuttering began. This is even less fun than a crashing game. you can jestart a game on ps5 in seconds, but the stuttering in EVERY race is annoying. Still played through the entire game a third time just to unlock all takedowns to get screwed again.... no trophy popped.

i am done with this game. i shouldve played the PS4 version and just quit.

He said other than glitches and bugs, how is the game and the game itself is fun.  i havnt experienced much of anything you just described but I'm also not arguing with you either as this game definitely could have cooked in the oven a little longer before release.  Graphically and performance wise I haven't had many issues. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, P-Low14 said:

He said other than glitches and bugs, how is the game and the game itself is fun.  i havnt experienced much of anything you just described but I'm also not arguing with you either as this game definitely could have cooked in the oven a little longer before release.  Graphically and performance wise I haven't had many issues. 

I guess you are on PS4 then? PS5 isnt just finished, its not enjoyable if you get pissed everytime you encounter stuttering or anything else not working as intended

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd share my thoughts on the game as I've just gotten the Platinum for it.

First of all, even as of now yes, there are still some glitches and issues, although I think the bigger ones have been patched now.

Regardless of all that though, personally, my opinion on the game itself is a bit mixed. Overall I enjoyed my time with it and as a general racing game, it's fine and enjoyable, but I just don't feel like it's a Dirt game. It felt more like a Driveclub off-road game which again, isn't a bad thing. (Nor a surprise as apparently it was the team from Driveclub that made this one?) The car physics seem odd where if your car even attempts to roll or flip, it'll just react unnaturally and go a bit crazy before sorting itself. The driving itself is okay but just not what I expected from a Dirt game.

Hopefully I make sense but long story short, I like the game for what it is, but feel like it would be better off under a different name and not a part of the Dirt series.

I was a bit disappointed with this game honestly. It was the first Dirt I played since Dirt2 and while I had a lot of fun in Dirt 2 this one felt... lacking? Is that the word I am looking for?

All the "different" Race Modes felt same to me - was it Raid, Ultra Cross or whatever they are called, it was all the same. And the unique ones... were weird.

Pathfinder was fun the first time only, Gymkhana was meh, and I think everyone agrees the Sprint Cars are almost unplayable....

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

I was a bit disappointed with this game honestly. It was the first Dirt I played since Dirt2 and while I had a lot of fun in Dirt 2 this one felt... lacking? Is that the word I am looking for?

All the "different" Race Modes felt same to me - was it Raid, Ultra Cross or whatever they are called, it was all the same. And the unique ones... were weird.

Pathfinder was fun the first time only, Gymkhana was meh, and I think everyone agrees the Sprint Cars are almost unplayable....

pretty much everything snowninja said. I would like to add up playing on a ps5 with performance mode on well... It's like I'm playing a ps4 game on 60fps and that's pretty much it. I tried my gaming monitor (27inch) and TV(4K 75inch) and the game never really looked that good in my opinion. After 100 races it's also just a grind for the platinum. Even playing on hard the game isn't hard at all. So most of the time I'm just driving alone with zero competition around me.

• 6 months later...