Recommend me a ‘building simulation’ game

TalalHmd

games I considered:

- Cities: Skylines - I got this from Ps Plus, but the ultimate version is $100

- Planet Coaster 

- Jurassic World Evolution 

if there are better games, and/or more accessible let me know 

the problem with these games is that they usually have many DLCs, so they’re a big commitment, also how well do they play with a controller 

I actually do recommend Planet Coaster, it plays really well with a controller that I was pleasantly surprised - also you can use a keyboard and mouse with it but I've not tried that yet.  There have been a few DLC releases but they have all been cosmetic items so far, so they are not really necessary.  

I hear that Two Point Hospital is also pretty good, I have it in my backlog but not started it yet.

• Like 2

If you like dinosaur JWE is a good game, not something like Operation Genesis but a good game. The trophies are not even so difficult. It’s ok to play with a controller. 

Two point Hospital is like Theme Hospital but with more everything! I love it.

And of course Minecraft and LEGO worlds but I will never play them on my account because trophy-wise they are too much lol.

Edited by Lord_Mgolivets
  • Like 2

Of those I've played Skylines and Evolution. I'm actually playing Jurassic world evolution at the moment. They're both great but I prefer the more open ended sandbox style of cities skylines personally. If you are into the more structured mission style like jurassic world evolution maybe take a look at the Tropico series and Aven Colony

Not looked into planet coaster myself so I'll check it out thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cosmicanomaly said:

Enjoyed Aven Colony quite a lot, as it had different scenarios to play through.  Tried Skylines and Tropico 5 but never quite reached the same enjoyment level.  Been trying Frostpunk but have not gotten into it much but does seem like an interesting premise and will be going back to it sometime.

never heard of this, apparently it's shorter than the rest and no DLC, so could be a good -in between- game

I loved playing Cities: Skylines though I don't think they're done releasing expansions yet. I've picked up a few when they were on sale.

I was disappointed when they released a complete version of Jurassic World Evolution on Switch but didn't on the other consoles. I still want to play that someday.

Tropico 5 was a really fun game to play. I'm waiting for them to finish releasing DLC for Tropico 6 before a getting a complete version of that game.

I also like Railway Empire, though it's naturally more about building railroad lines and managing trains and freight. A complete collection released recently that includes all the DLC. Haven't picket that up yet either (I just have the base game).

Fallout Shelter has some charm to it, and is free to play if you want to give it a try.

Edited by darkrequiem7
fixing a mistake
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, darkrequiem7 said:

I loved playing Cities: Skylines though I don't think they're done releasing expansions yet. I've picked up a few when they were on sale.

I was disappointed when they released a complete version of Jurassic World Evolution on Switch but didn't on the other consoles. I still want to play that someday.

Tropico 5 was a really fun game to play. I'm waiting for them to finish releasing DLC for that too before a getting a complete version.

I also like Railway Empire, though it's naturally more about building railroad lines and managing trains and freight. A complete collection released recently that includes all the DLC. Haven't picket that up yet either (I just have the base game).

Fallout Shelter has some charm to it, and is free to play if you want to give it a try.

Tropico 5 had a complete edition back in 2016. It’s currently on sale on UK PS store. Did you mean a Tropico 6 that released in 2019?

I haven’t played tropico 6 but tropico 5 is pretty good. JWE is also ok but I haven’t bothered with DLC yet. Not played the others but I am excited by Two Point Hospital. It’s in my backlog and I believe some of the people that made it also made Theme Hospital

39 minutes ago, giggedy said:

Tropico 5 had a complete edition back in 2016. It’s currently on sale on UK PS store. Did you mean a Tropico 6 that released in 2019?

I haven’t played tropico 6 but tropico 5 is pretty good. JWE is also ok but I haven’t bothered with DLC yet. Not played the others but I am excited by Two Point Hospital. It’s in my backlog and I believe some of the people that made it also made Theme Hospital

Yes, you are correct. I meant I'm waiting for a complete version of Tropico 6 before I get it. I fixed my original post.