How are Vita version servers?

RNumbers

Managed to get the PS3 multiplayer done with two consoles over the course of a day (should have taken <2 hours). I'd hate to have to buy it on a second account to get the Vita done, but I'm not going to try boosting with a remote partner if the servers are as flaky as on PS3. Anyone know if the Vita version is better in this regard?

Edited by RNumbers

• 2 weeks later...

Hm, seems that 700 times crap is still crap. I get booted regularly and am forced to wait to get back on. Fortunately I'm just 33 mp kills from being done for good.

Edit: Got it done, but glad I decided to just self boost. Would have been very frustrating otherwise.

Edited by RNumbers

• 1 month later...
On 2020-12-30 at 2:05 AM, RNumbers said:

Hm, seems that 700 times crap is still crap. I get booted regularly and am forced to wait to get back on. Fortunately I'm just 33 mp kills from being done for good.

Edit: Got it done, but glad I decided to just self boost. Would have been very frustrating otherwise.

Can I ask what your self-boosting method was? Two Vitas? Vita/PS3? I’m about to jump into this to finish the MP trophies, myself!

• 2 weeks later...

On a different note...The Vita version's server is not functioning well for us and has been "stuck" for nearly a day now. My friends and I can't progress the matches. Both players are "waiting on opponent". So hopefully it will get fixed soon. Not sure if this is happening on the Ps3 version though.

Edited by TWD-K2K
Updating others of the current server status

I have also had no luck with this game for a few days now. I think the servers were shutdown early. I haven't been able to connect online for four days now. I left my Vita running on the dock at the multiplayer menu for hours yesterday and it didn't connect.

Edited by BigMesy

Yeah, I've been hoping the servers ping for at least a day but it hasn't connected yet.  

I remember the same thing happening on the PS3 servers where online would only work for a couple hours at a time and then go down randomly.  

Since we're all checking for it to work at the moment I guess the best we can do is wait and hope devs didn't screw us over with this shutdown.

11 hours ago, Motherboop said:

Anybody know roughly how long the mp trophies take to boost? 

No longer than 3 hours, my PS3 session went by fast enough but we had a lot of problems with it.

If the servers aren't awful that day you should get it in just over 2 hours.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FearlessSasuke said:

Has anyone managed to get in? I've never seen a game with a busted server like this and with a few days of "operation" if you could even call it that this was a bad idea.

No one's been able to hop into online since the 3rd, as far as I can tell.
I made a session earlier and all of us are stumped, but everyone's checking into the menus every couple hours.
Not gonna lie, it feels awful to spend upwards of 20 bucks on a game under the promise of it behaving like a working product and then get this

Edited by Parvult
early post (lol)
  • Like 1

For anyone that had some matches queued before the servers went down there is a workaround for getting the multiplayer trophies.

I read about this on the PS3 forum for the game and it also works for the vita version. Credit to kevao97. 

I just got all the kill trophies in multiplayer by watching replays of my match kills, quitting the match and then reloading and watching the replay again.

You can use square to watch any turn replay and rewinds all the way back to turn one using the d-pad. I just went back to turn one watched all the replays and quit and reloaded for about 30-45 minutes and got the 25, 50 and 100 multiplayer kill trophies. 

I was lucky that I had 7 matches in my queue with a few deep into turns. This won’t work if you didn’t have any matches made before the servers stopped working. 

Hope this helps a few people. 

• Like 1

Hi!

With a little under 14 hours left until the projected server shutdown, I got the EULA pop up.
I am now able to make and host games, something I was unable to do for the last week.  

Does anyone want to try this out? As far as we know we only need one perfect match each and then we can coast on replay kills.  

DM me here or in the PS App, I'll be keeping an eye out on the VIta.

• Like 3

Big thanks to Parvult for the heads-up and help boosting, we managed to knock everything out in around 2 hours total with barely any server hiccups. Get in now while you still can!

Also, we had trouble getting the replay trick working, but it was probably because the server was working relatively smoothly. 

Edited by CabbagePantsu
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, CabbagePantsu said:

Big thanks to Parvult for the heads-up and help boosting, we managed to knock everything out in around 2 hours total with barely any server hiccups. Get in now while you still can!

Also, we had trouble getting the replay trick working, but it was probably because the server was working relatively smoothly. 

I got it to work!  One very important detail was missing from the PS3 forums regarding this trick.  Once you begin the replay offline, you had to make sure that your next move was primed before playing the replay.  Thankfully, you can prime your next move in offline mode.  It took me an hour to figure that out! 

Also, than you to everyone on here that kept in touch with me today once the servers went live again!  Definitely a trophy hunt I will never forget. Talk about scoring online trophies in the 11th hour... 

• Like 1