How is PS4 Pro performance of this game?

Crzy Minus

I've heard enough detail about the base PS4 version and even through PS5, but how better is the game on PS4 Pro?

Is it any better? or not by a lot? This is the version of the game I bought before reviews kicked in and I haven't launched it myself yet, and probably won't until I get through other more important games in my backlog as the game continues to get patched. To be honest I've been a little tempted to get a refund the more I've been looking at the ongoing situation about this game.

EDIT: I just refunded the game, my interest on this doesn't matter anymore. No game period should release on such broken state, especially if one side is way worse than the other.

Edited by Crzy Minus
  • Like 2

I played through a bit on an alt account just to see how it would play.  It's barely passable, but PC and next-gen are obviously the way the developers intend the game to be played.  The frame rate is alright on PS4 Pro (not a stable 30), but there are some noticeable drops during heavy combat.  When driving around there is a lot of pop in.  Even walking around you will see textures take a while to load in.  Last night when I was messing around it took a while just for the gun to render that I switched to.  Definitely not the ideal experience on PS4/PS4 Pro.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SirShavesALot said:

I played through a bit on an alt account just to see how it would play.  It's barely passable, but PC and next-gen are obviously the way the developers intend the game to be played.  The frame rate is alright on PS4 Pro (not a stable 30), but there are some noticeable drops during heavy combat.  When driving around there is a lot of pop inEven walking around you will see textures take a while to load in.  Last night when I was messing around it took a while just for the gun to render that I switched to.  Definitely not the ideal experience on PS4/PS4 Pro.

That sounds awful.

It's not that good. It's a shame because I'm enjoying the story so much but everything else is a complete mess. I just want to beat the story and tuck this game away and go back and get the platinum later down the road when it's ready. I refuse to do the side missions or anything else. I've set this game on easy because as of right now I'm playing for the entertainment of the story not the gameplay or anything else. So if your on a PS4/PS4 Pro like me and trying to atleast complete the story. Do it! And if you already completed the story on last gen you are a warrior that stuck through all this mess of a game.

Edited by TheSleepyBeauty
  • Like 1

The game is much better I find on PS4 Pro then the base one. Graphics and Resolution are improved you stick to a stable frame rate. No pop ins or out driving around in the city I've noticed yet.

The only thing that I've noticed is sometimes large areas are too overly smooth causing what seems to look like low res but it's not really I think a future update would easily fix this. This only happens to areas though that overall have just one plain color over a large area. I've mostly noticed this on some forearms and stomachs of character models but concrete walls with little to no detail may appear this way as well occasionally too from a distance. (Though depth of field on and an older tv with lower pixel density may be causing some of these washouts.)

Well this doesn't sound too good... so the PS4 version's going to be a no for me. I'll buy on PC now. For a console version, I will wait until the PS5 upgrade comes out in '21. At least for now, performance does improve to 60 FPS with no major drops if you're playing it on PS5. Just a few minor ones while driving, or during busier combat scenes.

2 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Well this doesn't sound too good... so the PS4 version's going to be a no for me. I'll buy on PC now. For a console version, I will wait until the PS5 upgrade comes out in '21. At least for now, performance does improve to 60 FPS with no major drops if you're playing it on PS5. Just a few minor ones while driving, or during busier combat scenes.

The driving seems to be the biggest thing that causes fps issues especially when using third person view to drive it seems by most I've talked too.

I'm playing on Pro with 1080p panel so I'm not getting sudo 4K visuals. Noticed a lot of crashing around the starting area (Toms Diner), little to no crashing further north in Watson while doing side gigs during the opening act. Turning off Film Grain, Chromatic Aberrations and Motion Blur helps squeeze out some more FPS. Oddly don't see drops in FPS when driving like others have, just stuttering which comes down to assests streaming in.

Bugs and glitches are common place, don't think there will be any difference between the platforms in that regard until we get fixes. Most annoying one was...

Spoiler

The biochip model getting swapped with Jackie's gun really took away from the moment of his death.

I streamed it several times on PS4 PRo, you can simply take a look and judge for yourself.

I find it an enjoyable experience. It doesn't look like the trailers but I think it looks good enough.

There are bugs, glitches and occassional crashes - but those will probably be patched in no time. And I think most of these issues are on every platform, even PC.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/838335667

is framerate enough to make people not buy a game? im asking because im a older gamer my first console was intellivision on a 19 inch screen that was on a cart lol. so anytime i play something that might have a bit off frame rate i say this is better then what i grew up with. the tvs back then were horrendous. even if 16 bit was smooth the tv prob sucked. im prob just old. but blue screen crashes are a killer for me. especially when people say theyre up to 20+

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SirShavesALot said:

Last night when I was messing around it took a while just for the gun to render that I switched to.  Definitely not the ideal experience on PS4/PS4 Pro.

In a way you have to feel a bit sorry for people who got a Pro. I mean wasn't this the reason why Pro even existed, you could play it fine on PS4 but have a better experience with upped framerate, stablity, gfx etc.

This feels more like, shit and a bit less shit.

Just finished the game, worst part was the Afterlife ending I got, last 2 Days the game has had 0 Crashes and the Framerate has NEVER gone below 20 for me on Base PS4 so ? I feel like it's way more overblown than it actually is. The rest like pop in etc. Is certainly there but I never found it too bad/immersion breaking so I guess it's on a case by case basis if you'll have a good experience or not.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MRR---OFFICIAL said:

I feel like it's way more overblown than it actually is. 

that's generally the case on the internet.

My take is that the game has its issues but it is enjoyable on PS4 Pro. It depends a bit on how picky you are, what your expectations were (and this is a big one with this game) and where your priorities lie.

If graphics are amongst the most important things for you in a game, than you might have less of a good time than someone who values stories or characters or quests more. Especially if you expected it to look like the trailers.

I mean, I had some frustrating experiences myself... like yesterday, when the game crashed in the middle of a boss fight -_- But I also had bugs and issues that I just found fucking hilarious, I laughed my ass off and posted videos on Twitter :D Of course, bugs shouldn't happen but even they can be enjoyable to some extent :D 

It's all about the mind set you have when you get into the game.

But yeah, back to the point... people on the internet generally only think in extremes. Everything is either extremely awesome or extremely shit. FO76 comes to my mind as well... I enjoyed the fuck out of that game when it launched and I still do and play it - albeit not as regularly anymore. The game was not a master piece by any stretch, but it also wasn#t as awful as everyone was making it out to be. As I said: extremes! People only know "best game ever" and "worst shit ever made" and nothing in between anymore.

I grew up in a time where a 5/10 was still considered a mediocre but still en joyable game ... Nowadays, 5/10 means it's not worth buying anymore lol ..

And man, the hate I got here on the forum when I opened up a thread claiming that I'm having fun with FO76 and that I find it really enjoyable... unreal! But I still stand by it! Issues are issues and should not be ignored but at the same time, I think some people are just too sensitive and throw tantrum for things that can be overlooked/one can live with, if you just have the right mindset. Things could and even should be better, sure, but they could also be worse and quite frankly, in my humble opinion, playing a PS4 (Pro) Cyberpunk and being able to enjoy the content (Story, quests etc. are amazing IMO) is better than not playing Cyberpunk at all. A better version of Cyberpunk would be very welcome (and I can#t wait to get a PS5 and later on a PS5 verison of this game), but if this is the only version I can/will ever play, I take it over not playing it at all!

11 hours ago, Sicho said:

that's generally the case on the internet.

My take is that the game has its issues but it is enjoyable on PS4 Pro. It depends a bit on how picky you are, what your expectations were (and this is a big one with this game) and where your priorities lie.

If graphics are amongst the most important things for you in a game, than you might have less of a good time than someone who values stories or characters or quests more. Especially if you expected it to look like the trailers.

I mean, I had some frustrating experiences myself... like yesterday, when the game crashed in the middle of a boss fight -_- But I also had bugs and issues that I just found fucking hilarious, I laughed my ass off and posted videos on Twitter :D Of course, bugs shouldn't happen but even they can be enjoyable to some extent :D 

It's all about the mind set you have when you get into the game.

But yeah, back to the point... people on the internet generally only think in extremes. Everything is either extremely awesome or extremely shit. FO76 comes to my mind as well... I enjoyed the fuck out of that game when it launched and I still do and play it - albeit not as regularly anymore. The game was not a master piece by any stretch, but it also wasn#t as awful as everyone was making it out to be. As I said: extremes! People only know "best game ever" and "worst shit ever made" and nothing in between anymore.

I grew up in a time where a 5/10 was still considered a mediocre but still en joyable game ... Nowadays, 5/10 means it's not worth buying anymore lol ..

And man, the hate I got here on the forum when I opened up a thread claiming that I'm having fun with FO76 and that I find it really enjoyable... unreal! But I still stand by it! Issues are issues and should not be ignored but at the same time, I think some people are just too sensitive and throw tantrum for things that can be overlooked/one can live with, if you just have the right mindset. Things could and even should be better, sure, but they could also be worse and quite frankly, in my humble opinion, playing a PS4 (Pro) Cyberpunk and being able to enjoy the content (Story, quests etc. are amazing IMO) is better than not playing Cyberpunk at all. A better version of Cyberpunk would be very welcome (and I can#t wait to get a PS5 and later on a PS5 verison of this game), but if this is the only version I can/will ever play, I take it over not playing it at all!

Yeah I know it's always overblown out here in the vast interwebs ? this case in particular has just seemed exceptionally crazy. I only put my Pre-Order down on it at the last second (less than a month out) and I never really cared about It that much to be honest, only played The Witcher 3 for a few Hours (actually maybe for about half the time I've currently put into Cyberpunk, so like 15 Hours) and whilst I thought it was pretty good it wasn't mind blowing and I never understood the hype for CDPR in general... I mean they've made the Witcher Trilogy and that's it as far as I'm aware? ?

They also had never done anything on PlayStation before Witcher 3 which as I said I only played a bit of and that was actually like last year btw. Basically this game was destined to fail due to the ridiculous levels of hype and praise the game as well as Devs were getting before it had even launched.

Graphics etc. aren't a huge deal for me, I still actively use my PS3 and am used to 720p sub 30fps so that also probably helps me in overlooking stuff like that, though it is certainly jaring considering we have gotten used to 1080p locked 30fps/60fps this generation so yeah ?

Also agree with the whole Review thing, I used to care about "Professional" Reviews back in the PS1/PS2 days but around the PS3 Era it all went downhill (coincidentally the same time Game Magazines started to die off... Remember those? ? ?) and they started rating everything 9 or 10 out of 10 so it completely ruined the scoring system for anyone looking at them to base their purchases/decisions off of.

Edited by MRR---OFFICIAL

4 minutes ago, MRR---OFFICIAL said:

I mean they've made the Witcher Trilogy and that's it as far as I'm aware? ?

do you know gog.com ? If you're not a PC gamer, than maybe you don't... but that's also them.

and please, give Witcher 3 another try. It's really one of my favourite games ever and partly for the same reasons I enjoy Cyberpunk so much: immensly well written and interesting side quests, that are sometimes ridicously detailed for stuff that many players probably don't play since they only focus on story.

But - as with Cyberpunk tbh - it takes a while to really get going. So if you only played it for a few hours, you haven't really seen anything yet.

22 hours ago, Sicho said:

do you know gog.com ? If you're not a PC gamer, than maybe you don't... but that's also them.

and please, give Witcher 3 another try. It's really one of my favourite games ever and partly for the same reasons I enjoy Cyberpunk so much: immensly well written and interesting side quests, that are sometimes ridicously detailed for stuff that many players probably don't play since they only focus on story.

But - as with Cyberpunk tbh - it takes a while to really get going. So if you only played it for a few hours, you haven't really seen anything yet.

Oh yeah don't worry, while we wait for some of these bigger patches I'm intending to go rebuy the Witcher 3 GOTY Edition and continue it (crazy they where able to get the full game and DLCs onto the 1 Blu-Ray and keep it under 50GBs, I think it had like 1 Patch that was like 18MBs as well when I had it. Like I said, I did enjoy what I played, I had just started a new job and wasn't playing stuff as much and so didn't continue. Did enjoy everything my friend told me about it though, he played through it like 3 times back to back ? the absolute mad lad) I am aware of GOG but I mean it doesn't mean much for them as a Developer... You don't look at Valve and say "Oh yeah they're great cause of Steam" you more so say "yeah they make awesome games like Half Life, Portal, Left 4 Dead etc. etc."  That being said they completely dropped the ball because they got so big with Steam that they didn't need to make games anymore, I don't think we need to worry with CDPR and GOG in the same way but who knows ?

Edited by MRR---OFFICIAL