I’m confused.

GizMo_The_Great

So, I played a little of Destiny 2 on PS4.

I just booted the game up on my PS5 and opted to start again. Then at the main menu I was given a character, so I assumed that the story would start from the beginning but I could still use my old character. I don’t remember anything about my old character, but I chose this one and unlocked the trophy for getting to level 20.

I didn’t have that trophy on PS4. So it confused me.

Then the game started, with completely different cutscenes, and a whole new level I never played before on PS4. The level was something like Darkness Doorstep, I looked online and it says that’s the first level of the Beyond Light dlc. But I haven’t purchased that dlc at all.

So now I have no clue what’s going on. Is this just the first level as a teaser? Is it somehow unlocked for me despite not buying it?

I have literally no clue what is going on. But I only ever had the base game that I got free on PS+, and I only ever played through the first levels to unlock the Tower (or whatever the hun world is called) so I’m completely new to Destiny 2 and how it all works. So if anyone can offer a bit of clarity, I’d appreciate it immensely.