Thoughts on new update with season 3

Kavatus

New season (3rd) brings new update and changes bunch of things. War stories mode and low tier tanks gets removed. You do still own tanks you already bought, but cant buy them anymore. Tanks and commander progression system was changed. Some visuals got tweaked. 

I got over 200k free xp from somewhere (possibly from removed stuff) so I got nice boost to progress towards tier X tanks. 

Artillery fire looks nice now. I dont really like enemy color changed to orange, I seem to have harder time seeing that on Vita screen via remoteplay. Changing menu screens and switching tanks takes longer (or at least feels that way). Tank techtree looks less useful to get full picture. 

Over all update feels nice, but with few less than ideal changes. Needs more playing to get better feeling. 

Link to info about update. 

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/december-2020-build-notes/

How are you guys and gals seeing this change? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aeternull said:

My highest crew rank was 9 with ~20% progression to 10. With this update, they changed the requirements for the rank 10 and upon starting the game I auto popped that trophy which is arguably the longest trophy in the game. Now I'm at 100% so I'm happy with this update =) 

I only had rank 8 with around 10% progress and it was enough to get Distinguished service star trophy. 

52 minutes ago, Kavatus said:

I only had rank 8 with around 10% progress and it was enough to get Distinguished service star trophy. 

I enjoyed that too - had a Rank 9 crew too. I personally still have to go for the 100,000 silver trophy and that is annoying af. I can't see shit with the new update. The Map and the HUD if you look at friendly or enemy tanks is poorly made imo .- or well made but shit if you have to play with them. The graphics on the other hand look better.

16 minutes ago, REAPER4536 said:

I enjoyed that too - had a Rank 9 crew too. I personally still have to go for the 100,000 silver trophy and that is annoying af. I can't see shit with the new update. The Map and the HUD if you look at friendly or enemy tanks is poorly made imo .- or well made but shit if you have to play with them. The graphics on the other hand look better.

Hud, map, garage, tech tree... it all looks so horrendous.. maybe it just takes some getting used to.. I hate that there are no more ribbons or damage counter in game..

If you only still need the 100k silver trophy, id say you have enough experience to be able to squeeze a good game out every now and then. I think I got mine in a tank with a substantial silver bonus. Don't be afraid to spam prammo ;)

8 hours ago, Kavatus said:

I seem to have harder time seeing that on Vita screen via remoteplay.

It's funny that I also use Vita to get xp more often when I'm not at home. Agree about orange color, doesn't look good even on TV.
Overall, I like the update so far, yet I haven't played much since.
And since they now made custom games more prominent, this makes me think if the trophy boosting is possible in these. Did anyone try that? I mean trophies like Ranger, for example.

• Like 1

Veteran at the Helm is now a very long trophy. I was about 100,000 XP away from Rank 8 before the update and now i'm 1.5 million away, really bullshit. It'll take about 3.2 million crew XP to get an Elite Commander so that trophy and Distinguished Service have switched roles. 

Overall the game is much worse though, the new UI isn't good.

58 minutes ago, raZZcolbaSS said:

It's funny that I also use Vita to get xp more often when I'm not at home. Agree about orange color, doesn't look good even on TV.
Overall, I like the update so far, yet I haven't played much since.
And since they now made custom games more prominent, this makes me think if the trophy boosting is possible in these. Did anyone try that? I mean trophies like Ranger, for example.

I would also like to know if Ranger and defender  trophies would be easier to boost now. I dont think you can earn money/xp on custom games or then it's also easier to do Show me the Money trophy by killing whole other team by yourself. 

I use Vita when our TV is taken by other family members. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Veteran at the Helm is now a very long trophy. I was about 100,000 XP away from Rank 8 before the update and now i'm 1.5 million away, really bullshit. It'll take about 3.2 million crew XP to get an Elite Commander so that trophy and Distinguished Service have switched roles. 

Overall the game is much worse though, the new UI isn't good.

Can you get a Rank 10 when you didnt got it auto-popped? Because I don't see levels anymore and there are also only 9 perk slots..

I have mixed feelings about the UI, on the one hand I like the new-ish / refreshing look. On the other hand I feel like I don't track stuff that is happening that well anymore, mostly because there is to much shit and blend in to well.

Edited by Bumperklever
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

Can you get a Rank 10 when you didnt got it auto-popped? Because I don't see levels anymore and there are also only 9 perk slots..

I have mixed feelings about the UI, on the one hand I like the new-ish / refreshing look. On the other hand I feel like I don't track stuff that is happening that well anymore, mostly because there is to much shit and blend in to well.

You don't need rank 10 anymore. Distinguished service trophy now requires unlocking a fifth skill on a commander.

They changed the trophy requirements

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

No ranks anymore. Distinguished service is a joke now, you'll need maybe 600-700k XP or something to unlock the fifth perk slot on a commander. Veteran at the helm has been changed to be a very long trophy though. They changed the PSN trophy requirements, they haven't been changed on here yet though. 

• Like 1

On 16.12.2020 at 11:00 AM, Royze said:

Hud, map, garage, tech tree... it all looks so horrendous.. maybe it just takes some getting used to.. I hate that there are no more ribbons or damage counter in game..

If you only still need the 100k silver trophy, id say you have enough experience to be able to squeeze a good game out every now and then. I think I got mine in a tank with a substantial silver bonus. Don't be afraid to spam prammo ;)

I got before the update often 80-90K rounds but with this update I do not see how much silver I gain in the round because it is simply not shown anymore. The Layout is cancer and also my damage output has been reduced by many enemies. I do as E100 250 Damage with Gold ammo on a light tank while hitting him from behind. Sorry but before the update, a TX was a TX and not some kind of bullshit. I can't see shit with this update and the feedbakc from the game is shit as well e.g. when do I get damage or when do I block shots.

• Like 1

Yeah the HUD is absolute trash. Me and my friend suspect Show me the money :silver: may be glitched now. We both had a very good game in the SuperPershing (T8 Premium so it has a 157% silver bonus), survived and it didn't pop. 91k silver without premium, 139k with premium. Some screenshots on Trueachievements show way lesser results than this (79k without premium for instance, incase you were thinking "without premium" needed to show 100k). That, or it's just way harder now what with the removal of ribbons and such. They changed the trophy description slightly so I wouldn't put it past them that they glitched it with the update given how they messed just about everything up. Pretty much every loyal player has left the game. What is awful is now the post-match results are incredibly minimalist, you cannot see the detailed stats like you could before. Most importantly for this trophy, you can no longer see your base silver earned so it's guesswork if you did enough now.

Just about every single change they made is awful, one of the worst updates i've ever seen. The HUD is awful when it used to be great, the crew changes are absolute trash. You cannot even customise the voice, appearance or name of your commander anymore and yet they call the system an "Upgrade"! Anyone who thinks it's an upgrade is on drugs. 

Edited by Potent_Delusions
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, REAPER4536 said:

Apparently 5 destroys, 5800 damage, 2500 blocked is not enough for the silver trophy...

How much silver did you get? I really hope this trophy isn't bugged or changed now, because it is honestly one of the most stupid trophies in the game. The only realistic way to get it is to spend a lot of money for a premium tank with a silver boost and you still have to do a monster game. I really don't know what to do if that option is gone now.. as if the grind for five tier X tanks and tons of luck based trophies weren't enough

11 minutes ago, DaaneS97 said:

How much silver did you get? I really hope this trophy isn't bugged or changed now, because it is honestly one of the most stupid trophies in the game. The only realistic way to get it is to spend a lot of money for a premium tank with a silver boost and you still have to do a monster game. I really don't know what to do if that option is gone now.. as if the grind for five tier X tanks and tons of luck based trophies weren't enough

91,000 silver but that is still rediculus. I basically shot everything in sight with my T9 Tankdestroyer (21hits). If i blast 33% of my entire amo into enemies and it is still not enough then I call it bullshit.

9 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Pretty sure it's glitched. Pretty much every other achievement has been earned after the update on the XBOX ONE (trueachievements) apart from Show Me The Money and Earning a Reputation (wouldn't be surprised if they glitched this one too because of the "Standing %" statistic being removed from the stats page.

From what I'm reading on the official boards, it would seem that silver earnings have been nerfed substantially. I'm starting to notice this as well, normally I'd still make 40 to 50k on a decent loss in my silver earning tanks, but now that's closer to 20 to 30k and I'm not even running the new consumables that get used up every game whether or not you use them..

20 hours ago, Royze said:

From what I'm reading on the official boards, it would seem that silver earnings have been nerfed substantially. I'm starting to notice this as well, normally I'd still make 40 to 50k on a decent loss in my silver earning tanks, but now that's closer to 20 to 30k and I'm not even running the new consumables that get used up every game whether or not you use them..

That's quite disheartening as Show Me the Money was hard already. Best I managed to get before update was around 85k. Hopefully Wargaming either ups silver gain or tweaks requirements of that trophy. 

On 21-12-2020 at 11:16 PM, REAPER4536 said:

Do not bother with Light Tanks. I did 2500 DMG, destroyed 5 Vehicles and got 5500 assit DMG do tue spotting and 57,000 silver only. Only way to get that trophy is high DMG by yourself.

I've gotten up to 84k with premium while playing the hollenhund yesterday.. (should be after repair and resupply). Wasn't an ace game so I reckon more should be possible.  

Edited by Royze

4 hours ago, Royze said:

I've gotten up to 84k with premium while playing the hollenhund yesterday.. (should be after repair and resupply). Wasn't an ace game so I reckon more should be possible.  

Premium tank or premium account? The premium account doesn't count towards the 100,000 silver. I reached it multiple times already.

I really do not get how to reach the 100,000 silver now. Sometimes I get 60,000 silver with a shit round and sometimes I get a Team Career round and get 30,000 Silver more only.

On 21.12.2020 at 11:16 PM, REAPER4536 said:

Do not bother with Light Tanks. I did 2500 DMG, destroyed 5 Vehicles and got 5500 assit DMG do tue spotting and 57,000 silver only. Only way to get that trophy is high DMG by yourself.

Too bad, I did not take a screenshot. If any1 sees an approx pattern when the 100,000 are reached please tell me.

73,722 Silver

Spoiler

43a614-1608726266.jpg

85,928 Silver

Spoiler

22ab3a-1608726336.jpg

86,093 Silver

Spoiler

13ca4a-1608726401.jpg

93,778 Silver

Spoiler

4361c9-1608726428.jpg

96,361 Silver

Spoiler

0ac837-1608726491.jpg

And if you compare those coming two then I do not understand how they calculate the silver at all if the better performance is clearly worse in silver:

Spoiler
Spoiler

c6fb12-1608726619.jpg

97,212 Silver above

Spoiler

45c8a3-1608726568.jpg

93,940 Silver above

Edit 1: Images are working now

Edit 2: I reached 100,307 silver with my Tank and the trophy did not pop. So looks like it's glitched :(

Edited by REAPER4536

2 hours ago, REAPER4536 said:

Premium tank or premium account? The premium account doesn't count towards the 100,000 silver. I reached it multiple times already.

I really do not get how to reach the 100,000 silver now. Sometimes I get 60,000 silver with a shit round and sometimes I get a Team Career round and get 30,000 Silver more only.

Too bad, I did not take a screenshot. If any1 sees an approx pattern when the 100,000 are reached please tell me.

73,722 Silver

Reveal hidden contents

43a614-1608726266.jpg

85,928 Silver

Reveal hidden contents

22ab3a-1608726336.jpg

86,093 Silver

Reveal hidden contents

13ca4a-1608726401.jpg

93,778 Silver

Reveal hidden contents

4361c9-1608726428.jpg

96,361 Silver

Reveal hidden contents

0ac837-1608726491.jpg

And if you compare those coming two then I do not understand how they calculate the silver at all if the better performance is clearly worse in silver:

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

c6fb12-1608726619.jpg

97,212 Silver above

Reveal hidden contents

45c8a3-1608726568.jpg

93,940 Silver above

Edit 1: Images are working now

Edit 2: I reached 100,307 silver with my Tank and the trophy did not pop. So looks like it's glitched :(

You need 100k without premium. The premium stat only includes Premium bonus you get by buying Premium Days, not the premium modifier from the Premium Tank. That is calculated into the without premium silver score. The only things that count towards this are base silver earned (which is higher if you use a premium with a +101% silver earn rate)

Premium Account Status, OPS and any other extra silver stats dont count and are added on afterwards. The new stat screen doesn't show it well.

Can you show us a screenshot of you getting 100k without premium?

Edited by UltraDog177

24 minutes ago, UltraDog177 said:

You need 100k without premium. The premium stat only includes Premium bonus you get by buying Premium Days, not the premium modifier from the Premium Tank. That is calculated into the without premium silver score. The only things that count towards this are base silver earned (which is higher if you use a premium with a +101% silver earn rate)

Premium Account Status, OPS and any other extra silver stats dont count and are added on afterwards. The new stat screen doesn't show it well.

Can you show us a screenshot of you getting 100k without premium?

Sure,

Kind of weird that I got 100,000 with that shit amount of performance (had no ops so I got that from that round)

Spoiler

4bb9e6-1608737360.jpg

and just got this game. Best WoT game so far with light tanks (played just for fun with my new russian aka. platinum ulocker light tank)

Spoiler

a26655-1608737470.jpg