Spyro the dragon 4, 2021!?

Erkawest

29 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

@Erkawest - Nice potential hint there! Even if it is just a little easter egg though, I would still bet money on there being a Spyro 4 arriving in 2021 / 2022. It seems like a sure thing based on the success and polish of the original trilogy remakes.

The way Toys for Bob is working, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually released Spyro 4 next autumn

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

The way Toys for Bob is working, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually released Spyro 4 next autumn

That would be the perfect game for Autumn I think! I'd love a new Spyro next year. Can I be hyped for a game I don't know exists yet? ?. I also need to catch up on the Crash Bandicoot Trilogy remakes and Crash Bandicoot 4. So many games!

• Like 2

Nothing is confirmed outright through direct wording, sure, but it might as well be given the context provided by TFB themselves in the official artbook.

Not only is the easter egg pointed out by the text in the artbook despite being so small in of itself, but even the text pointing it out refers to it as a "hint".

Combine that with the fact that the easter egg in question clearly says "Spyro 4", and the fact that Reignited seemingly sold well, it's inevitable at this point.

(Makes sense that a new Spyro game would follow the newest Crash Bandicoot too, obviously)

Also, that first screenshot you posted has nothing to do with the artbook and was merely a debunked post originally made on 4chan.

(The person who made that post supposedly made the recent Crash Legends rumor up as well, which was also more or less debunked)

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

On 16/12/2020 at 2:46 AM, Crispy_Oglop said:

That would be the perfect game for Autumn I think! I'd love a new Spyro next year. Can I be hyped for a game I don't know exists yet? 1f602.png. I also need to catch up on the Crash Bandicoot Trilogy remakes and Crash Bandicoot 4. So many games!

Yes. People were hyped for Borderlands 3, Crash 4, and even Demon's Souls all before officially got announced ?

• Like 1

would love to see a spyro game made from the ground up for PS5, imagine the spyro reignited games but 4K, somehow better than it's already great graphics, and at 60fps instead of the honestly slow input response time of the 30fps PS4 version, would love to see this be a reality!

If we actually do get Spyro 4 would like to see Cynder in this one.
 Kind of wouldn't mind seeing Malefor either, although that other one probably wouldn't happen.
 And while the Legend of Spyro trilogy maybe finished kind of always wanted a prequel to the trilogy mainly playing as malefor in the games up to the point on where he becomes evil and such.

1 hour ago, Xzolder said:

Now with Crash Bandicoot 4 and possibly Spyro 4, I just hope we see the day of Jak 4 coming out on PS5. 

We did get a Jak 4: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jak_and_Daxter:_The_Lost_Frontier
It was just completely terrible, that was the only problem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Viscera1900 said:

But we already got Spyro 4 18 years ago /s

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyro:_Enter_the_Dragonfly

10 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

We did get a Jak 4: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jak_and_Daxter:_The_Lost_Frontier
It was just completely terrible, that was the only problem.

. . . Neither of those are officially the fourth title; there can still be a "Spyro 4" and "Jak 4". 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
3 hours ago, Viper said:

Did I miss something? 

You missed a lot. It's a very long story and there's no way I could do it justice here, but Activision Blizzard has spent the last six months under scrutiny after a lawsuit from the California DFEH due to many, many, many allegations of sexual harassment, discrimination, and retaliation in the workplace going all the way up to, and involving, Bobby Kotick himself. There were some dismissals after word of it came out, but instead of trying to address it in a meaningful way, they've kinda just tried to sweep it under the rug and have been seen as doubling down on said alleged behavior.

Edited by communistwookiee
  • Like 2