DLC 3 trophies/patch is live

SiC

13 minutes ago, victorrfuego said:

i can, you can add me and when this comes out we do wotd together

It is already out in New Zealand store :P

Edit: Nevermind, NZ won't work with your US-Version of the game. 

Just let me know when it comes out in your region, some of the missions are batshit lol

Edited by SnowNinjaRaccoon

19 minutes ago, Allonnos said:

Yes, it seems that there is no new weapon, a shame because it was fun to start learning how to use them.

Agreed, I'm just wondering why they created a poll after the second weapon was added. Should've done it before the release of the 3rd game rather than the release of the 2nd DLC.

Way of the Vanquisher
Completed "Against All Comers" on Dream of the Demon or higher.

Just did this one on Dream of the samurai. Always doing a DLC first round to give it a look before going on demon or wise. 

But man this one is going to be a major pain.. It's an endless wave of enemies and bosses ?. Goodluck everyone

5 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Way of the Vanquisher
Completed "Against All Comers" on Dream of the Demon or higher.

Just did this one on Dream of the samurai. Always doing a DLC first round to give it a look before going on demon or wise. 

But man this one is going to be a major pain.. It's an endless wave of enemies and bosses 1f616.png. Goodluck everyone

As soon as I saw the trophy description, I knew it would be some crazy boss rush level. I barely made it through all of DLC2 on DoD, so I'm not looking forward to this.

1 hour ago, ShadowReplicant said:

As soon as I saw the trophy description, I knew it would be some crazy boss rush level. I barely made it through all of DLC2 on DoD, so I'm not looking forward to this.

I haven‘t touched the third DLC yet, but I‘m thinking about playing through the first regions on Dream of the Wise to farm decent gear/get a decent build and then play the DLC one Way of the Demon. I don‘t know how much gear and difficulties scale but I guess/hope it will be considerably easier this way.

I just finished the dlc. I can definately recommend playing Dream of the Wise first to upgrade your gear as it will help to tank more hits (mine was +25 and it took me around 4 casual evenings of playing before the dlc came out).

I used a very basic build: full obdidian with an odachi and cleared most missions with ease. If you use a heavy armour build and upgrade it into Dream of the Wise, you can easily tank all the monsters and bosses without much difficulty.

There are two missions which have a boss rush setting but don't worry as they have checkpoints. So you basically kill 4-5 yokai and 1 boss and you get a checkpoint where if you die you don't have to do them again. You get one after each boss. The throphy for Way of the Vanquisher is quite okay since you have these checkpoint. Still the last wave might be a bit of a pain since you need to defeat 3 bosses in a row. This is the only wave where you need to defeat 3 bosses in a row, the others are always normal enemies + a boss. Make sure you set your kodama blessing to healer so each boss drops +4 elixir - otherwise you might run out at boss 3.

These final wave bosses are:

Spoiler

Otakemaru (the new version of the dlc), Otakemaru again but this time the version of the main game and finally William.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Laozuli said:

I just finished the dlc. I can definately recommend playing Dream of the Wise first to upgrade your gear as it will help to tank more hits (mine was +25 and it took me around 4 casual evenings of playing before the dlc came out).

I used a very basic build: full obdidian with an odachi and cleared most missions with ease. If you use a heavy armour build and upgrade it into Dream of the Wise, you can easily tank all the monsters and bosses without much difficulty.

There are two missions which have a boss rush setting but don't worry as they have checkpoints. So you basically kill 4-5 yokai and 1 boss and you get a checkpoint where if you die you don't have to do them again. You get one after each boss. The throphy for Way of the Vanquisher is quite okay since you have these checkpoint. Still the last wave might be a bit of a pain since you need to defeat 3 bosses in a row. This is the only wave where you need to defeat 3 bosses in a row, the others are always normal enemies + a boss. Make sure you set your kodama blessing to healer so each boss drops +4 elixir - otherwise you might run out at boss 3.

These final wave bosses are:

Hide contents

Otakemaru (the new version of the dlc), Otakemaru again but this time the version of the main game and finally William.

Thank you for your summary. Do you have any tips/strategies on how to get good gear on Dream of the Wise? Until which chapter did you play to get the good enough stuff?

My strategy is play first level of the new abyss, with the gear dropped in that floor I soul match all my gear to at least 190+40 (I got lucky and I have the weapon at 200+41).

With that, try to clear DotD DLC 3, but my build is so outdated, was the first OP build of the main game (Poison semi tank) but is worthless now, will be a pain to clear this DLC with this build, but I'm so lazy to start another one...

Edited by Steven-Spiegel

3 hours ago, Zockervater said:

Thank you for your summary. Do you have any tips/strategies on how to get good gear on Dream of the Wise? Until which chapter did you play to get the good enough stuff?

If you need an easy build to clear it go for an obsidian set. You will need to play until region 3 (shadow) so you farm the mission: a formal match. You can easily get divine gear in dream of the wise but if you want to go the extra mile you can keep farming for ethereal ( a full set just took me an evening of farming - you will also get a lot of amrita to invest in your stats). You will also need the acessory for -1 set bonus but you should have it if you cleared dream of the demon. Then you have the full set bonus with extra damage for stamina

Put your stats in strenght and stamina and pick an odachi of choice. Remodel it so it scales with both strenght and stamina. Also temper it if you have some umbricites to spare. Just go for damage bonus strenght and melee ki stuff. 

The third region in dream of the wise already drops +20 gear so you can level your stuff easily. 

Best tip I can give when you start dream of the wise is just to focus on the side missions. The bosses are pretty tough when you first jump over from demon so just do side missions until you can get the obsidian set. 

Good luck!

Edited by Laozuli

18 minutes ago, EightBitArtist said:

i just had way of the vanquisher beneficially glitch on me. i didnt beat it and it popped. i played the mission through the torii gate with a random. we died to the second boss and while in our hut the trophy popped.

Literally came here to say the same thing. However there is no checkmark on the map, so I think we need to fully complete it for the 100% clear on Demon trophy