is the ps3 ps store down?

melodicmizery

13 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

and the horrendous pc layout wont find the game in the search and keeps redirecting me to fkn japan

You cannot buy PS3, PSP or PS Vita games via the PC anymore. You have to access the store via console in order to purchase for that specific platforms.

Edited by R4M Jolly Monk
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

trying on my main american account and when i sign into the store it logs me out of my account. im trying to see how much a dlc is for something. and the horrendous pc layout wont find the game in the search and keeps redirecting me to fkn japan

Console store I imagine? As Jolly monk stated, the web store has been shutdown. Sadly.

The console store will also become unusable soon, at least in the EU. Sony sent me an email about, something about a Revised Payment Services Directive (PSD2) which Sony have decided not to bother with at all. This means EU citizens won’t be able to use any payment method to purchase anything on the PS3 store, hence it becomes unusable. Thanks Sony, so happy you still care. 

11 minutes ago, Sifferino said:

The console store will also become unusable soon, at least in the EU. Sony sent me an email about, something about a Revised Payment Services Directive (PSD2) which Sony have decided not to bother with at all. This means EU citizens won’t be able to use any payment method to purchase anything on the PS3 store, hence it becomes unusable. Thanks Sony, so happy you still care. 

3 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

You will still be able to use pre-paid PSN cards

You can also add funds to your account using a PS4 or PS5

• Like 2

i only tried on pc because my console store wasnt working lol. but now i know not to do that again

would this have anything to do with ps now? i got the trial a few days ago and i noticed it logged me out of ps3 when i was on ps4. any known glitches? i completely powered my ps4 down and it still kicked me out of the store 

I had issues buying some games on PS3 a few days ago, just kept giving me "an error has occurred" whenever I tried to checkout no matter what I tried, even after deleting and re-downloading the store. Unsure if it's related at all, but there seems to be have been a number of issues with both the PS3 and Vita stores lately. All I can suggest is maybe wait a day or two and try again, that's all that worked for me when I was having issues buying those games.

• Like 1

well this is weird, every account on my ps phat logs me out when i enter the store. even if i delete the store and redownload it. booted up my super alim and it worked fine. but still not working on my phat. there was a system update for both my ps3s the other day. i wonder if the install was bad maybe. ive never seen this happen before. it loads the store to the blue screen as if its trying to load the content but its blank then just says you have been signed out

• Like 1

1 minute ago, melodicmizery said:

well this is weird, every account on my ps phat logs me out when i enter the store. even if i delete the store and redownload it. booted up my super alim and it worked fine. but still not working on my phat. there was a system update for both my ps3s the other day. i wonder if the install was bad maybe. ive never seen this happen before. it loads the store to the blue screen as if its trying to load the content but its blank then just says you have been signed out

You could try booting in safe mode and rebuilding the database and restoring the file system

7 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

You could try booting in safe mode and rebuilding the database and restoring the file system

last time i did that it deleted everything and i had to format. it said it couldnt restore the file system because there was none to restore and deleted the one that was being used. im guessing it had something to do with having a upgraded hard drive and the backup maybe not being saved in the system but in the original hard drive or something i dunno. think ima go to bed and then try my other ps3s when i wake up. i have a few other phats and slims and ill see if any of those do it. if all else fails i can just buy content on another system and then download it through the download list i can still access that through the old ps store from booting up zombie apocalypse. 

• Like 1

Slowly but quietly Sony ps3 and vita store will be completely dead with no maintenance or updates this way their shares wont drop. And with PS5 not bc or emulation with PS3 of any sorts its really rip old generation. :(

5 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Slowly but quietly Sony ps3 and vita store will be completely dead with no maintenance or updates this way their shares wont drop

I'm willing to bet if Sony shut down the PS3 and Vita stores abruptly the "shares" wouldn't drop at all.

They're not keeping it open because the shareholders are asking about them on earnings calls. They're not addressed at the annual shareholder meetings to keep stock holders happy.

They still make money off those stores, just not as much as PS4 and PS5. I'll wager those stores stay up as long as those consoles can connect to PSN.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

well quick update. seems to be only happening on my 60gb phat. ive tested my slim, super slim, and 40gb phat and they all worked. the only other thing i can think of is putting the system update on a usb stick and downgrading it then upgrading it and seeing if that helps.

You can't put a lower firmware on a newer one

• Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 9:37 AM, SnowxSakura said:

You can't put a lower firmware on a newer one

your correct i tried it and it didnt work. they use to let you years ago. anyways i rebuilt the database. and now i have corrupt files in my game playlist lol. and i tried a reinstall of the current firmware on usb and that didnt help either. so im guessing i'll have to format. but theres no way im redownloading 200 games so i'll just not use the ps store

19 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

your correct i tried it and it didnt work. they use to let you years ago. anyways i rebuilt the database. and now i have corrupt files in my game playlist lol. and i tried a reinstall of the current firmware on usb and that didnt help either. so im guessing i'll have to format. but theres no way im redownloading 200 games so i'll just not use the ps store

You could try using the old web Store, it was never shut down in the US (and was apparently "resurrected" in other countries in the past few hours) with PSDLE and quickly queue stuff.

Edited by Lance_87

On 12/19/2020 at 6:09 PM, melodicmizery said:

You don't need to go into the ps store to re-download your games. You can go into account management>transaction management> download list

• Like 1