GTA 6 on PS 4?

Gamez4Me2

Hey guys,

lately, I have been wondering if GTA 6 could still be releasing on current/old gen consoles (PS 4)? Sony's CEO has stated that almost 100 Mio. consoles have been sold and PS 4 will be supported at least till 2022 with new games and content. I do know it's very wishful thinking on my side but if GTA 6 is gonna be a single player experience only (with GTA Online being a standalone version on PS 5), maybe with some graphical downgrades and a map similar to the size of  Los Santos it could very well end up on PS 4 too. IMO, many gamers will still be gaming on PS 4 the next few of years (given the cheer number of consoles sold), so... I am crossing my fingers. What do you guys think? Is Rockstar going to miss out on the current/old gen market? BTW, sorry for any mistakes... English is simply not my mouther tongue. Happy gaming everyone☺️

Edited by Gamez4Me2

1 minute ago, Gamez4Me2 said:

on current gen consoles (PS 4)?

PS4 is now last gen and PS5 is current gen. I can see the appeal with releasing a game like GTA VI to the player base of PS4 owners if it's released soon, but that's going to hold the PS5 version back. Especially if they continue to expand it over time.

Being that GTA VI is only rumors at this point, I doubt we see it release next year. If it releases in 2021, a PS4 version has a slim chance. If it releases in 2022 or beyond, I wouldn't bet a dime on a PS4 version.

I kinda hope Cyberpunk is a lesson to developers and gamers that sitting on last gen for too long isn't a great idea.  It's risky from the gamers perspective getting the inherently weaker versions of a game... and it's probably frustrating for developers to have to account for like 3-4 additional (weaker) platforms/hardware configurations when it comes to optimizing/finalizing with their already sometimes aggressive deadlines.  Even if the previous gen does tend to live on a bit into a new generation of consoles, and it will probably go longer than usual this time with the virus and how it impacted the PS5's launch, I think this should be the exception more than the rule IMO.

To answer your question though, I second Daiv.  If the game somehow comes out in 2021, there's a chance of a PS4 version.  Since almost everything out there about the game is rumor at this point, it's probably more likely 2022 or later.  Especially with the time and polish Rockstar puts into their games, and the development hurdles of 2020.

Edited by Dreakon13

• 1 month later...