Kuro no Kiseki (PS4 or PS5?) & Nayuta no Kiseki Kai (PS4)

21 minutes ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

Great, now where is the zero/ao localization? Can't expect to get people into your franchise if there are missing parts right in the middle of it. 

You do well in wait until Zero and Ao localization, both games are pivotal in order to understand much better the story when you reach CS 3 and 4, of course you should play Trails in the Sky 1 and 2 at least before, becuase you can find a massive spoiler here and there in CS 3 and 4.

In other hand I never play Nayuta and Kuro no kiseki looks great and one more time Falcom is using a complex kanjis in the title, something like "trails of the dark" but it looks great and they already said that all characters are new so I'm happy with that.

"Toshihiro Kondo, CEO of Nihon Falcom, was asked about the possibility of The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki appearing on the PlayStation 5 and PC. He responded, “We would like to release it on other platforms where consumers are interested, other than the PlayStation 4.” Kondo mentioned that the developer will prioritize and consider where there is the most demand. It was also mentioned that if this next installment underperforms, there will not be a sequel."

Do believe it should be PS4 first gladly.

Edited by Nelson_Otaku
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Nelson_Otaku said:

Do believe it should be PS4 first gladly.

I'm really thinking it will. Nayuta on PSP came out after Vita's release, and PS3 Sen no Kiseki came out close to the PS4's launch. With the way PS5 is, they can make an upgrade patch later.

Clouded Leopard will be releasing Hajimari no Kiseki on Steam and Nintendo Switch next summer for Japan (CL's Switch ports of Cold Steel I & II are also coming around that time). NISA will probably localise the PS4 one in 2022 for the West, with PH3 and Engine Software making the Western PC version.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/03/the-legend-of-heroes-kuro-no-kiseki-details-characters-setting-and-battle-system-first-gameplay

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/03/the-legend-of-heroes-kuro-no-kiseki-action-battle-system-first-look

https://2021.falcom.co.jp/kuro

The characters we've already seen are Van Arkride (the Spriggan) and Agnes Claudel (an Aramis High School student). Two more are introduced: Feri Al-Fayed (a Kurgha soldier), and Aaron Wei (wields a weapon called "twin fencer"). An additional four characters are planned. The capital city of Calvard is Edith.

On encountering an enemy, you can start an action battle, or avoid the battle. You can shift to a command battle by using Xipha, using attack/arts/craft/item commands as before. Xipha can be put away to go back to the action battle at any time. The action battle looks somewhat like Ys, with switch and evade buttons. Any character not in your control will fight on their own during action mode.

It's looking good so far.

17 hours ago, Jigsy1 said:

Slightly off-topic, Sen no Kiseki getting an anime adapation.

Also didn't know about Nayuta no Kiseki Kai. Glad that's a thing.

I've heard about the Cold Steel anime... hopefully it'll be good. Nayuta Kai should probably not take too long for NISA to localise (I'm assuming it's them)... my guess is a year or 18 months. We really missed out on that PSP version. What XSEED were thinking when they passed it up, I could never guess.

I believe Xseed said they were no longer planning to do PSP titles, which is the same reason why Trails in the Sky 3rd never got done either until that PC port.

Edited by Jigsy1

When they brought over Brandish: the Dark Revenant, it was early 2015. That makes Nayuta's no-show more baffling... XSEED could probably have had that localised by late 2013. Anyway, Trails in the Sky The 3rd came out on PC in 2017... pretty far into Vita's lifespan, with PSP being dead. Even then, I think XSEED should've done PSP 3rd with Vita in mind, especially since Vita plays PSP games.

• 2 months later...

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/05/the-legend-of-heroes-kuro-no-kiseki-launches-september-30-in-japan-for-ps4

September 30 is the release date for Kuro no Kiseki, and the release platform is PS4. Anyway, with Ys IX getting support for 4K on PS5, I'm sure there will probably be PS5 specific enhancements for Kuro. Another two characters are revealed... Judith Ranster and Bergard Zeman.

I guess NA will get Kuro around September-October 2023, with PC to follow in Spring 2024.

• Like 1

Now this is the news I've been waiting for:

Judith Ranster (voiced by Youko Hikasa)

Van Arkride (voiced by Daisuke Ono)

Agnes Claudel (voiced by Miku Itou)

Feri Al-Fayed (voiced by Yui Ogura)

Aaron Wei (voiced by Yuuma Uchida)

Risette Twinnings (voiced by Yui Ishikawa)

Quatre Salison (voiced by Mutsumi Tamura)

Falcom always delivers when it comes to the voice cast. Ono Daisuke as the main character is going to be awesome, and (based on what little information we have) I'm guessing Feri or Judith will be best girl. Anyway, September 30th is sooner than I thought, but I guess haven't been following the news all that closely. If I finish Hajimari before then (don't even own it yet) I might just end up preordering Kuro no Kiseki. 

I'm a bit behind, but there are three new articles worth of information:

1st: The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki reveals four returning sub-characters

Jack and Halle from The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd

Enz4n7Jl.jpg

Cao Lee from The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki

XTzhUENl.jpg

Kilika Rouran from The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC

h9NVX9Xl.jpg

Kilika and Cao were expected, but I forgot who Jack and Halle were at first; I didn't think they'd bring back characters that only appeared in a mini game.

2nd: The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki details Judith Ranster, Bergard Zeman, and Crafts

There's a lot to unpack here, so this is just the character details. See the article for more screenshots / information about crafts. 

Judith Ranster

• Weapon: Stellabute (Meteor Whip)

“It looks seems like a tricky situation for a single person, so I’m allowing you guys to help out. Any Objections?”

7vf6YDtm.jpg

One of the top actresses of the Orbal cinema industry, she catches the eyes of many fans with her skilled acting and pinkish blonde hair. She has a friendly personality, but also is also highly professional when it comes to her work as an actress. She also has the strong will and sense of justice to stand up for the weak, no matter who she has to face against. Although she appears as an actress to the media, she also has a secret side job that she conducts in between her acting. But due to her slightly clumsy personality, she often finds herself in unideal situations—and sometimes even lets her enemies in on her weaknesses.

wiDWs9yl.jpg

Bergard Zeman

• Weapon: Gauntlet and Armor

“Ha ha ha, don’t say such trivial things. I know you like it when there are more strings attached.”

0zCeVXRm.jpg

A muscular, one-eyed man who is a master of the “Kunlun Style,” one three great Eastern martial arts, and has many students across the continent. He used to travel the continent of Zemuria for work, but has since retired and abandoned his real name to enjoy travelling and living his life the way he desires to. To Van, he was the mentor who taught him “proper” martial arts. Bergard never stopped Van from becoming a “fixer,” either. Later on, during the conflict between the Empire and the Republic, Van heard that Bergard died after being involved in a certain incident, but…

6NUPLvil.jpg

3rd: The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki teaser trailer, ‘SPRIGGAN Edition’ announced for Japan

■ SPRIGGAN Edition (9,800 yen)

The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki SPRIGGAN Edition includes valuable items that can only be found in this limited edition, all housed in a special box.

(1) The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki Soundtrack Mini (with Tall Case)

A mini soundtrack with tall case The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki containing a variety of background music from the game, themed after the multi-ethnic country that is the Calvard Republic, where the game is set.

(2) The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki Early Materials Book: “To The Land of Origin and Dawn”

A 96-page art book containing a vast amount of materials including concept visuals, characters, the areas of the Calvard Republic, weapons, orbal cinema, enemy characters, and more.

(3) The Arcride Solution Office Character Data File

A 128-page data file containing high-resolution illustrations of the characters that appear in The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki, including a complete understanding of their detailed designs, such as their sides and backs.

■ First-Print Bonus Downloadable Content

Hollow Core Voice: Latoya Hamilton

Original downloadable content that allows players to change the system voice of the tactical orbmen Xipha to that of the young Dr. Latoya Hamilton (voiced by Kikuko Inoue).

Not a bad limited edition, but I think I'll pass since importing costs enough already. More importantly, here is the teaser trailer:

0:47 and onwards:

Spoiler

Fie!

aVmzHSxl.png

It's also cool to see Zin and Walter again after them being absent from the series for 10+ years. 

ADM8hkVl.png

7cEug1nl.png

I couldn't quite get a good screenshot here, but I tried.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...