RadiantFlamberge

Kuro no Kiseki (PS4 or PS5?) & Nayuta no Kiseki Kai (PS4)

70 posts in this topic

Ouch oof, my wallet.

1 hour ago, Katt said:

Ouch oof, my wallet.

plz plz plz plz plz plz have physicals!!!!!

these must be completed and sit beside the LoH ToCS series. My god yes!

So, according to wikipedia, only the trails in the sky trilogy is missing in US/EU (the first one got delisted, the second one is still available but quite useless without the first game, and the third never got a western release).
Do you need to play them to understand the story in the crossbell arc, am I missing some major info without playing them? And is there any way to play these games in english? 🤔 Has nothing to do with the topic, sorry :D

7 minutes ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

So, according to wikipedia, only the trails in the sky trilogy is missing in US/EU (the first one got delisted, the second one is still available but quite useless without the first game, and the third never got a western release).
Do you need to play them to understand the story in the crossbell arc, am I missing some major info without playing them? And is there any way to play these games in english? 1f914.png Has nothing to do with the topic, sorry :D

All three Sky games are available in English on Steam! The first also had a physical PSP release in NA/EU, but those are very rare/expensive to get your hands on these days!

6 minutes ago, MrBenosaurus said:

All three Sky games are available in English on Steam! The first also had a physical PSP release in NA/EU, but those are very rare/expensive to get your hands on these days!

Thanks! Didn't know about that :D

So the news of these Trails games coming to the west is all very exciting, but the fact that NISA are the ones doing it does make me skeptical. They didn't exactly do a bang up job with CS3 and CS4... At least they're using the fan translation as a basis for the Crossbell arc games, so maybe they won't be as bad.

What a crazy day!!

FOUR Kiseki games localization announced (and Geofront work being used as a base for the Crossbell Arc is wonderful news).

Legend of Mana remastered released yesterday and it looks wonderful.

And the Montreal Canadiens making it to Stanley Cup finals.

Crazy...

Edited by Godwulf_MTL

Great news! Excited to finally play all four of these!

Having to wait until 2023 to get Hajimari stings. At this rate Kuro won't be in english until 2025.

Great that Crossbell games are getting official releases but they just pushed back the release of Hajimari because of it.

Well this is a pleasant surprise.

I don't see how Kuro will come to PS4 though if it won't be until 2025...

Guess I'll have to wait for a GOG release on that one.

Edited by Jigsy1

I don't really think Kuro will take until 2025.... 2024 sounds more likely. At least NISA isn't exactly starting from square one with Crossbell, thanks to Geofront. It may well be that NISA are going to do simultaneous PC/Switch releases for these games, instead of a PS4 only launch. Part of the wait, especially for Reverie/Hajimari, may be getting the ports ready for the other systems.

On 6/25/2021 at 4:30 AM, MrBenosaurus said:

I remember buying Trails in the Sky FC from the Xseed store for only $20 five or so years ago. It says a lot about how far this series has come in the west that the PSP version of FC is worth something now. In the past, I believe the PSP version sold poorly; hence why Xseed sold it on their online store for (seemingly) years.  

On 6/25/2021 at 4:36 AM, hsn963 said:

Hajimari = Reverie ?

😑

According to a kanji dictionary, "hajimari" is an irregular or archaic reading of the kanji used in the title 「創」. The "hajimari" you're probably thinking of has a different meaning and would be written 「始まり」. That said, I have no idea whether or not "reverie" is a good way to localize the title.

On 6/25/2021 at 5:31 AM, Undead Wolf said:

So the news of these Trails games coming to the west is all very exciting, but the fact that NISA are the ones doing it does make me skeptical. They didn't exactly do a bang up job with CS3 and CS4... At least they're using the fan translation as a basis for the Crossbell arc games, so maybe they won't be as bad.

At the very least, I doubt the fan translation has any lines that were altered for being too "problematic". However, when it comes to localization—official or otherwise—I can't really trust anyone anymore. 

On 6/25/2021 at 7:45 AM, DEI2EK said:

Having to wait until 2023 to get Hajimari stings. At this rate Kuro won't be in english until 2025.

Great that Crossbell games are getting official releases but they just pushed back the release of Hajimari because of it.

Though it's certainly not for everyone, there is a spreadsheet translation already available for Hajimari; I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not. For just under the cost of a new game, I got Hajimari from amazon.co.jp and that's how I'll be playing it (no, this isn't a paid advertisement). 

10 hours ago, Cave Johnson said:

At the very least, I doubt the fan translation has any lines that were altered for being too "problematic". However, when it comes to localization—official or otherwise—I can't really trust anyone anymore.

Same. It seems like most localizers these days are more interested in inserting their personal politics and cringey humour into a game rather than staying true to the source material, with NISA being a prime example of that. It puts me in an awkward position since I want to support the game but not the localisation team. I just looked into that Hajimari translation spreadsheet you mentioned though and it looks pretty awesome. I had no idea an overlay like that was even possible. I'll definitely have to look into that some more.

3 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Same. It seems like most localizers these days are more interested in inserting their personal politics and cringey humour into a game rather than staying true to the source material, with NISA being a prime example of that. It puts me in an awkward position since I want to support the game but not the localisation team. I just looked into that Hajimari translation spreadsheet you mentioned though and it looks pretty awesome. I had no idea an overlay like that was even possible. I'll definitely have to look into that some more.

Before I was able to overlook some of the cringey humour since it's (unfortunately) commonplace, but outright changing the meanings of lines for personal reasons is unacceptable. I'm starting to question why I bother supporting the localized versions. As for the spreadsheet, I haven't looked into how the overlay works yet. I did use the spreadsheet translation for Ao no Kiseki (also done by Kitsune) years ago though, and I thought it worked well enough.

6 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I want to support the game but not the localisation team.

I ended up double dipping and getting all the games from GOG (Well, aside from IV, I'm waiting for a price drop on that.)

The good thing is that the games do include Japanese text as a playable option.

JmCAY5W.png

Though whether or not the Crossbell Duology will is up in the air. But I have a feeling at least Hajimari will.

I was waiting for the announcements of Zero and Azure for so long, ever since Falcom did the PS4 ports and commented it was for the West, so I was very happy when both of them finally got announced, and then Reverie and Nayuta too!  Unfortunately, then I saw the release dates, 2022 for Zero, and then 2023 for Azure and Reverie?  That is super painful and a 3 year delay for those games (2 for Zero admittedly), I thought we were finally going to get past the long wait for translations (hoping for a year's wait, or the usual two years like the Cold Steel localizations).

These games are going to release right at the end of a console's life, like the first two Cold Steel games were, at least PS5 is backwards compatible and it is also released on Switch (beginning of it's end of life too) and PC (timeless).

I've heard the rumor about a new Switch coming in September. It's supposed to have Nvidia DLSS (deep learning supersampling) and an OLED screen like Vita, and is supposed to be 4K capable when docked. Maybe it's like a Switch Pro. It's said they'll sell this one alongside the Switch Lite, while the original Switch is getting a phase-out. Let's hope the Switch ports of Falcom games get upgrade patches for this... most likely they'll not be 1:1 graphically with PS4, but at least it'd be good to see 4K/60 FPS on the new system.

PC is timeless because you can jack up the graphics settings and add HQ texture mods. Trails of Cold Steel I & II have HQ textures made by the community, and NISA put their own out for Ys VIII as a free DLC. Trails in 16K anyone? 🙂

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

Thanks to Kraftium, here's a "port report" on The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails (Nayuta no Kiseki Kai). Backgrounds get a big improvement over PSP (even more than the characters), and the audio isn't compressed. I wish this were coming out a little sooner than 2023... Getting Crossbell is good, but TBH I'd rather see Nayuta before Zero.

1 hour ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Thanks to Kraftium, here's a "port report" on The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails (Nayuta no Kiseki Kai). Backgrounds get a big improvement over PSP (even more than the characters), and the audio isn't compressed. I wish this were coming out a little sooner than 2023... Getting Crossbell is good, but TBH I'd rather see Nayuta before Zero.

So i stopped following after CS 4, but i preordered all 4 of these new games. None of them are the new engine touted right? thats Sept 30 in japan? 

Trails into Rev is after Cs 4?

Zero/ Nayuta are before CS series right?

If you guys want to support the original creators but not the western localizers then just import the games and merch from Japan and then pirate the version that's in your language.

Also official shirts here that ship to both Europe and America:

https://www.pinbox.store/collections/apparel

(They also sell pins if you're into that. They're a legit site, I ordered the limited time 40th Anniversary shirt from them.)