PS4 BC Games w/ Issues on PS5

mcnichoj

I haven't tried a lot of PS4 games on PS5 yet but one that has issues and it was already know is AC Syndicate. It has some kind of weird flashing but is only noticeable during day time in game. During night time you can't notice it. I would say it is still playable. I only needed a few trophies for the plat and decided to just go ahead and finish it on PS5.

One thing that did happen is when I tried playing the game from my external drive it kept crashing on the title screen. once I transferred it to the SSD It didn't crash one time.

Other than that I haven't had one issue with the external drive connected to my PS5.

• Like 1

Man, I wasn't sure how a PS5 emulating a PS4 emulating a PS2 was gonna go but I tried Ape Escape 2 like you mentioned and man, that was rough...It's still entirely playable and you can have a good time, but textures do really like glitching out and sometimes text will just be flat out unreadable. Oof, one of my favorites on PS2 :(

• Like 2

Re: Hollow Fragment has a patch, I'm guessing this is to address performance or issues on PS5. It's an old game that's a port of an older Vita game so I really don't see the patch being loaded up with new content.

Crysis also has a patch. I had issues running with everything with max/on but it never occurred to me to add it to my list. On default setting it runs fine. Maybe games with performance/quality modes should be their own thread and this will just be for games on default settings or obviously ones with no setting to change at all.

Not gonna bother adding Cyberpunk 2077 as that's gonna get constant updates and everyone knows about it anyway.

I'm beginning to think compatibility with external HDD's if that's what people are using? It doesn't look like our problems are all the same. I'm using a 4tb portable for PS4 and had no issues except the manhunt flicker.

Edited by Z1MZUM

On 12/22/2020 at 11:04 AM, saiyanbloodstyle said:

I've run a game as old as PES 2015 and it works perfectly (on disc) also the original Spelunky works without issues too, i've yet to run into any problems with the PS4 games i've tested, very happy with he backwards compatibility, even loading my old saves onto them works.

One guy claimed he had trouble loading his PS4 cloud save on to the PS5.

I haven't used it at all but I haven't really seen anyone else mention this problem. So maybe a one person/one time issue type of thing.

On 12/22/2020 at 10:03 PM, Z1MZUM said:

I'm beginning to think compatibility with external HDD's if that's what people are using? It doesn't look like our problems are all the same. I'm using a 4tb portable for PS4 and had no issues except the manhunt flicker.

If this was the case then shouldn't I experience the least amount of issue playing directly on the HDD?

I think a huge issue is that even in the launch batch of consoles from PS5 to PS5 some have slight manufacturing differences.

Another variable that didn't occur to me is what resolution you're playing in. Rebooting up Okage now while playing on a 1080p monitor got me different issues as did The Warriors.

Then yet ANOTHER variable to factor in is PS5 system updates. I hadn't touched my PS5 since the end of November and I know it did at least one OS system update. Maybe moving around a couple 1's and 0's magically will make certain BC games run different without having to actually patch the game.

I tested another game; Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash. Seemingly no issue during the tutorial.

4 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

I haven't used it at all but I haven't really seen anyone else mention this problem. So maybe a one person/one time issue type of thing.

I had that issue once. an error occurred everytime i tried to get saves on my PS4 cloud storage, but i just restarted the PS5 and it worked fine.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 6:50 PM, mcnichoj said:

If this was the case then shouldn't I experience the least amount of issue playing directly on the HDD?

I think a huge issue is that even in the launch batch of consoles from PS5 to PS5 some have slight manufacturing differences.

Another variable that didn't occur to me is what resolution you're playing in. Rebooting up Okage now while playing on a 1080p monitor got me different issues as did The Warriors.

Then yet ANOTHER variable to factor in is PS5 system updates. I hadn't touched my PS5 since the end of November and I know it did at least one OS system update. Maybe moving around a couple 1's and 0's magically will make certain BC games run different without having to actually patch the game.

I tested another game; Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash. Seemingly no issue during the tutorial.

I'm saying compatibility with different manufacturers of external HDD's, I mean Sony doesn't seem to know which NVMe drives are going to work. Played Akiba Trip 2a, DA Inquisition, ESP r.o.d.e, ketsui, Baldurs gate and GTA SA over the weekend, not a single error.

The campaign in Modern Warfare Remastered is unplayable on PS5.

It gives this error on very specific spots in the campaign every time, making it impossible to keep playing.

EDIT: It happens to me on one spot in the "Crew Expendable" mission; tried it on PS4 and it worked fine.

Will keep playing on PS5 to see if it happens anywhere else

callofduty_modernwarfnik3l.png

Edited by DesmaBR
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I’m not sure if it was just a bad download, and it’s a niche game, but I had a ton of problems with the Grand Tour Game on PS5. Game would randomly freeze during races for 10-20 Seconds. Happened very frequently. Often had to restart the race. I was able to plat the game but it was very painful.

• Like 1

Removed GoW since it's getting a patch today. Added a few games.

Edit:

Added Division 2.

See footage below from Digital Foundry, I have it time stamped if you just click play to jump to the relevant section. First it compares it to Xbox but after it goes to comparing with the PS4Pro. While still completely playable, you will lose a little atmosphere on PS5 until Ubisoft patches the game.

Edited by mcnichoj

• 4 weeks later...