PS4 BC Games w/ Issues on PS5

mcnichoj

On 2/25/2021 at 9:26 PM, Z1MZUM said:

Persona 5 Royal - I'm in the 3rd semester and every time I go to sleep I get "An error has occurred". It doesn't crash but still it's a tiny bit annoying.

I haven't seen anyone else mention this, it might isolated to your data/console.

A week ago I added Utawarerumono: ZAN. I don't really want to bump this thread up every time I add a new game or do other changes, would people have any use for a small update log? I'd end up limiting it to just the last few games added/removed/updated to save post characters.

9 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

I haven't seen anyone else mention this, it might isolated to your data/console.

A week ago I added Utawarerumono: ZAN. I don't really want to bump this thread up every time I add a new game or do other changes, would people have any use for a small update log? I'd end up limiting it to just the last few games added/removed/updated to save post characters.

An Update log works for me :). Also, Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal was just patched to fix the compatibility issues it was having so it's not impossible the devs might also go back and fix the other games in the series :).

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

An Update log works for me :). Also, Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal was just patched to fix the compatibility issues it was having so it's not impossible the devs might also go back and fix the other games in the series :).

Yeah that's awesome news. As it has always been though it's up to each individual company to care enough about actually fixing their game.

Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal: PS5 graphical issues patched. - YouTube

19 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Yeah that's awesome news. As it has always been though it's up to each individual company to care enough about actually fixing their game.

Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal: PS5 graphical issues patched. - YouTube

That's actually quite cool they went back and fixed it. Can't believe Ubi hasn't fixed AC Syndicate yet, even though it's a much more popular game.

• Like 1

I cant say if its a PS5 issue, but I've had Modern Warfare 2 campaign crash 3 times on me during the 'Wolverines!' defend burger town mission. It might just be that mission, i wouldn't know since i haven't been able to pass it yet lol. Might be cause I spend a long time on the level cause i'm playing on veteran and i suck at it.

• Like 1

On 17/12/2020 at 10:23 AM, mcnichoj said:

Black Clover: Quartet Knights - :hidden: Apparently you can not play online multiplayer, while on PS5 you won't get the "Terms of Service" prompt and will always get an error message. This locks you out of the multiplayer trophies.

Can confirm that this is no longer the case. On a PS5, I am abe to play online multiplayer and obtain the corresponding trophies.

• Like 1

Something went wrong with my Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory save, so on the title screen it gave me a message saying it had to be restored from backup, but it froze after that.

Attempting the same process with the same file on PS4 worked.

Edited by Galvanizer

• 10 months later...

Tested Black Clover, I removed it a long time ago from the list but since I just bought it I wanted to check it myself.

I don't have KH MoM on PS4 so I can't test it. Haven't seen anyone else report that issue.

I download Okage as a random PS2 classic game to see if it still had the visual issues and it does. Don't think I'll bother testing any of the other classics.

I'd add "Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate" I experienced a recurring issue of problems with initial game boot, having to restart the application several times to get on sometimes. This seemed to get worse the longer i had played. The game warns you about unintended behaviour on boot too, so sony is aware. I never had any problems once getting past the main menu though.

• Like 1

The only warning message I received upon starting a game that there might be "issues" on my digital-version PS5 is in Battlezone: Gold Edition. 

But so far I haven't experienced any issues yet.   There better not be any game-breaking bugs, either.   That's an awesome game and I've only skimmed the surface and plan to dive deeper into it in the future.     

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Added Genshin Impact to the non-bootable list.

Added note to Agents of Mayhem about servers being shut down.

Then since they're merging PSNow with PS+ I've decided to note all the games that have issues on PS5 and are also available on there.

If you go on the PSNow app with PS5 and then to the PS2 section you can find Ape Escape 2 and Primal there. The app on the PS4 doesn't section games off for whatever reason.

The following PS4 games are on there and should mitigate any issues you have with performance or your console settings:

ABZU
Baja: Edge of Control HD
Crysis Remastered
Detroit: Become Human
Doom (2016)
Entwined
Fallout 4
Mafia III: Definitive Edition
Monster Energy Supercross
Rad Rodgers
The Surge
WarHammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr

Last game of note is Prey. Its "issue" is that it's locked at 1080p on PS5 even though it could go up to 1440p on the PS4 Pro. While I have it noted as being on PSNow, I don't believe streaming it on PSNow will allow the higher resolution as I believe the streaming service limits games to 1080p, I could be wrong on this. Right now I don't have a note for this on the first post but maybe I'll add one.

53 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Last game of note is Prey. Its "issue" is that it's locked at 1080p on PS5 even though it could go up to 1440p on the PS4 Pro. While I have it noted as being on PSNow, I don't believe streaming it on PSNow will allow the higher resolution as I believe the streaming service limits games to 1080p, I could be wrong on this. Right now I don't have a note for this on the first post but maybe I'll add one.

Prey isn't 1440p on PS4 Pro. It has always been 1080p.

37 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Prey isn't 1440p on PS4 Pro. It has always been 1080p.

Weird, the guy on ResetEra had it listed that it could.

Guess I'll have to make an account on that shitty site and inquire with him about it.

Looking it up now I see everywhere else says only the Xbox version can go up to 1440 and that was pre-acquisition. Now since it's both an old game and MS owns the rights to it, doubt the PS4/5 will get a patch to upgrade that ever.

I've also seen in two places now people mention Heavy Rain having issues. Personally I didn't have any issues booting it up and playing the initial sequence but I guess I can add it to the "needs further testing" section.

• 1 month later...

I’ve been having issues with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019 freezing in the “Captive” level. The game has been running perfectly fine with a little bit of texturing issues during cutscene cinematics with minor stuttering until the arena with the sniper where you have to kill him. Right when I’m halfway thru the encounter, the game would freeze. No crash screen, the screen would just freeze, luckily I am able to dashboard out and quit the app so it doesn’t completely stop the console.

I’ve tried many solutions from re-downloading the game onto the console storage instead of the M.2 SSD I installed, disabling HDR, disabling 120 hz, and disabling both HDR & 120 hz like most websites suggest. Unfortunately it seems like the platinum is out of reach for the moment as I lent my PS4 to a friend while he’s away for a work trip.

• Like 1

Isle of man 2 should now be available: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP4008-CUSA17001_00-TT2SIEE000000000

There's no PS5 issue warning on there and, I believe, it's in the new PS Plus service in Asian regions.

Crysis also had the DoF issue fixed shortly after release when they pushed out the PS5 60fps update. 

I have a feeling a lot of the games listed probably aren't an issue anymore as the PS5 firmware updates resolved a number of issues within certain engines over the last 18 months.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 0:10 AM, turniplord said:

Isle of man 2 should now be available: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP4008-CUSA17001_00-TT2SIEE000000000

There's no PS5 issue warning on there and, I believe, it's in the new PS Plus service in Asian regions.

Crysis also had the DoF issue fixed shortly after release when they pushed out the PS5 60fps update. 

I have a feeling a lot of the games listed probably aren't an issue anymore as the PS5 firmware updates resolved a number of issues within certain engines over the last 18 months.

You're right about IoM2:

https://www.psu.com/news/tt-isle-of-man-ride-on-the-edge-2-is-now-playable-on-ps5-runs-at-1440p-60fps/

As for the evidence that it's on the service though is irrelevant, Ape Escape 2 is on the service and that game has not been fixed. I assume Primal and Okage are still visually glitchy but I'll update this post if they're not after I play test them.

Unless people report something has been fixed, it'll stay on the list. Just doing a search now to see if ABZU got a patch brings up very little information. Searched a couple others and same thing. Although some yield articles like for The Last Guardian saying they definitively won't get patches for PS5 performance. So doing searches periodically would be a waste of my time and it's not reasonable to expect me to play these games extensively to see if they're bug free. Wish I could but I hardly have the time to do things I actually want to do as it is.

So far I removed the two above from the list and The Division 2 as that was patched a while ago.

Added Mortal Shell as a new entry for PS5 issues.

Dark Souls Remastered is the first game I'm adding where it carries over issues it had on PS4 Pro but not PS4 Slim/Base because why not.

Re-added Prey because as listed elsewhere it has problems with "TAA". It's on the new PS+ so at some point I'll do a side by side 

• 1 month later...

Ryū ga Gotoku Ishin!(AKA Yakuza Ishin!) made my ps5 freeze when i was gonna save to the point where i had to hold down the power button until the console turned itself off 3 times on my playthrough. Also saw a dude on reddit saying that the game crashed once while doing a substory on ps5.

On 7/26/2022 at 1:46 AM, swebutte said:

Ryū ga Gotoku Ishin!(AKA Yakuza Ishin!) made my ps5 freeze when i was gonna save to the point where i had to hold down the power button until the console turned itself off 3 times on my playthrough. Also saw a dude on reddit saying that the game crashed once while doing a substory on ps5.

the screen freeze when saving is a common issue with PS4 BC games, also happens with save load or any similar features, happened to me with Horizon Zero Dawn and The Dark Pictures Man of Medan

sometimes if you wait long enough it will just crash the game or go through

• 4 weeks later...

Was Dying Light fixed with the recent next gen patch?

On 25/07/2022 at 7:46 PM, swebutte said:

Happened many times throughout my Disaster Report 4 playthrough, you just have to wait long enough for the save menu to appear. Sometimes it takes like a minute but never had to actually shut off my PS5.