Playlink not available on PS5??

Juxta-Dowgle

Just wondering if anyone else has tried Ticket to Ride on PS5 yet? 

When me and my girlfriend try to set up a playlink game, even though we are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, it just doesn't find any games. It worked flawlessly on PS4 but tried a few times and sadly it just does not seem compatible with PS5, meaning the only option is to play solo, which would be a real shame as this is one of my girlfriends favourite games to relax with.

Does anyone else know of any work arounds to get it to work? Thanks :) 

Does this game have the option to turn on Wi-Fi Hotspot? If you experience connection issue through the same home network, you can turn on an access point so that the devices connect directly to the console.

I tried only Knowledge Is Power and this method worked for playing on PS5.

14 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Does this game have the option to turn on Wi-Fi Hotspot? If you experience connection issue through the same home network, you can turn on an access point so that the devices connect directly to the console.

I tried only Knowledge Is Power and this method worked for playing on PS5.

How do you turn on the wi-fi hotspot via PS5? I couldnt find the option in network settings. 

Network Hotspot is activated inside the game if available. I used it on PS4 since it was better than my normal Wifi.

To check start the game and choose local game then two times X to proceed to a screen where it says "Go" and on ps4 at least is beneath that a button to switch on wifi.

I hope it works on ps5 too :)

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/17/2020 at 5:04 AM, Juxta-Dowgle said:

Just wondering if anyone else has tried Ticket to Ride on PS5 yet? 

When me and my girlfriend try to set up a playlink game, even though we are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, it just doesn't find any games. It worked flawlessly on PS4 but tried a few times and sadly it just does not seem compatible with PS5, meaning the only option is to play solo, which would be a real shame as this is one of my girlfriends favourite games to relax with.

Does anyone else know of any work arounds to get it to work? Thanks :) 

Hi there. I can't get the playlink to work on my PS4 and I can't find any actual help online. Can you assist me? I feel I am doing everything correctly but the app on my phone just searches for a server and never connects.

Ok, it works now. So, the solution is to have all your devices (PS4 and your phone/tablet/etc.) on the same WiFi, then you will fire up your game on the PS4. Go to "Play", then "Local", click through that menu twice, click on "Go" (DO NOT TOGGLE SWITCH FOR PS4 WIFI DIRECT!), then boot up the app on your device, and after a few seconds at most, it will find your server and then there will be a 10-second countdown before it connects to your game. Make the device you want to win Player 1 and that will be the one that earns the trophies.

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen
  • Like 1