Online multiplayer live today

MidnightDragon

18 minutes ago, Erik-LehnsherrX said:

Just transferred my ps4 save and they all popped no problem.

You don't have 100%, so you can't say that? Some games only pop some trophies even if you have the platinum. So what you mean to say is, the trophies you've earned on PS4 popped on PS5? But you don't have the platinum right?

32 minutes ago, PortaLuna said:

You don't have 100%, so you can't say that? Some games only pop some trophies even if you have the platinum. So what you mean to say is, the trophies you've earned on PS4 popped on PS5? But you don't have the platinum right?

All the multiplayer ones i’d already earned on PS4 popped. So i see no reason why the platinum wouldn’t. What games don’t  all the trophies pop when you’ve already earned the platinum?  Everything even the DLC popped on Spiderman remastered for me.

Edited by Erik-LehnsherrX

26 minutes ago, Erik-LehnsherrX said:

All the multiplayer ones i’d already earned on PS4 popped. So i see no reason why the platinum wouldn’t. What games don’t  all the trophies pop when you’ve already earned the platinum?  Everything even the DLC popped on Spiderman remastered for me.

Dead by Daylight, WD Legion and afaik COD. So a few auto popping doesn't necessarily signify everything will auto pop. so I'm glad to know some have, but until someone with the platinum on PS4 tries on the PS5 I guess we won't know if everything auto pops.

• Like 2

Any idea why developers insist on only allowing PS4 to ps5 save transfers this gen??  It’s frustrating to want to play the next gen versions of these games but I can’t get both platinums that way.  It’s forcing me to play the PS4 version on my ps5 to get the most trophy bang for my buck.  Do they not even take the trophy auto popping into account?  I know I’m in the minority but it couldn’t too much harder to let people transfer the save back and forth could it??

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tripprowe13579 said:

Any idea why developers insist on only allowing PS4 to ps5 save transfers this gen??  It’s frustrating to want to play the next gen versions of these games but I can’t get both platinums that way.  It’s forcing me to play the PS4 version on my ps5 to get the most trophy bang for my buck.  Do they not even take the trophy auto popping into account?  I know I’m in the minority but it couldn’t too much harder to let people transfer the save back and forth could it??

So you want to earn PS5 trophies on a PS4?

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

So you want to earn PS5 trophies on a PS4?

No I want to be able to play the ps5 version of sackboy and then transfer my save to the PS4 version so I can get the platinum in that version too.  Basically I want to be able to play the best version of the game and still get two platinums instead of having to settle for playing the PS4 version.  

The current way it’s set up is not great for trophy hunters who have a ps5 and want to play it there and still go back and auto pop on ps4, right now that’s not possible.  It’s the same way with Spider-Man remastered and miles morales. 

30 minutes ago, tripprowe13579 said:

No I want to be able to play the ps5 version of sackboy and then transfer my save to the PS4 version so I can get the platinum in that version too.  Basically I want to be able to play the best version of the game and still get two platinums instead of having to settle for playing the PS4 version.  

I have a feeling it’s because of the format of the PS5 save. Converting a PS4 save to PS5 save looks to be a one way process. 

So the answer to your first question is that Sony didn’t really build that option into the PS5. The bigger answer is that I think most Playstation developers want people to play their games more, but generally only consider that people need to achieve their trophies once. People who want to just auto-pop trophies are an extreme minority of an already extreme minority and dedicating programming time to their desires doesn’t seem very productive. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tripprowe13579 said:

The current way it’s set up is not great for trophy hunters who have a ps5 and want to play it there and still go back and auto pop on ps4, right now that’s not possible.

Why would they care? Its dumb anyway, I would sign for save copies to not auto-pop trophies everytime.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, EIdain said:

Tried to play online co-op tonight and if you're not the host it's so laggy it's pretty much unplayable. Super disappointing after they delayed this a month. One of the main reasons I bought it was to play it with a friend.

Yes, it's laggy sometimes, but it's not unplayable, not even close. For me the first and third boss fights were a bit laggy and when I'm throwing the other player it skip some frames sometimes. I'm not the host.

20 minutes ago, TympanicScroll said:

Yes, it's laggy sometimes, but it's not unplayable, not even close. For me the first and third boss fights were a bit laggy and when I'm throwing the other player it skip some frames sometimes. I'm not the host.

Maybe I'll give it another try but it was impossible to complete a stage without dying. At any point Sackboy moved at speed whether that being flung out of a cannon, jumping off a bounce pad, or anything else - it would lag the character off the screen and just instantly them. That's in addition to taking damage from enemies, being unable to grab & hit certain items, all due to lag. We did 8 levels I don't even think we fought a boss and it was miserable.

Im glad you had a better experience with it, but it was most definitely unplayable for whoever wasn't the host when I played last night (and it's not my internet).

1 hour ago, EIdain said:

Maybe I'll give it another try but it was impossible to complete a stage without dying. At any point Sackboy moved at speed whether that being flung out of a cannon, jumping off a bounce pad, or anything else - it would lag the character off the screen and just instantly them. That's in addition to taking damage from enemies, being unable to grab & hit certain items, all due to lag. We did 8 levels I don't even think we fought a boss and it was miserable.

Im glad you had a better experience with it, but it was most definitely unplayable for whoever wasn't the host when I played last night (and it's not my internet).

Yeah, try it again, hopefully it performs better.

Like I said, for me it's playable, but there are a lot of small bugs: cannot grab items, frame skips, rocket won't launch in world map. Sometime the hotboxes feels kinda off.

It's a really nice game and I'm enjoying it, but it would be great if they fixes these annoying issues in online multiplayer.

Edited by TympanicScroll