SIE will be removing Cyberpunk 2077 from PS Store

FreneticWave

8 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Fallout 4 at least ran on consoles if anything.

Yeah, I know just saying. I really like Fallout 4 not insulting it.

Ok, let's get this cleared up. I also didn't like it when (See spoiler at your own risk) but they were trying to make a psychological experience and a really intense story. When the spoiler happened, my heart was beating I was almost gonna cry but then we saw Abby's side I'm not saying she's right but I didn't want to kill her as much as I wanted before and yeah Last of us part II is a complete game that didn't have many glitches.

Spoiler

Joel died

3 minutes ago, TolmanianDevil said:

Sony are doing this as a lesson to all other developers and publishers: "Don't you dare try and shift blame to us, we can fuck you right back no matter who you are".

Or the developer asked to remove the game from the store and issue refunds while they work on improving the game for Sony's platform.

Why do so many people not go for the most simple answer and make everything as dramatic as possible? Sony and CD Projekt Red aren't children hitting each other on the playground. They're run by adults who can control their emotions. Some of those adults made really poor decisions and now have to do what adults do: figure out the best way to rectify the mistake.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

You do know this game has been hyped up for 10 years right? And you know those crap games ..well are crap games but guess what those crap games did not crsh every 5 mins either! To be honest those crap games work 100% better! This game was not even done!! If you like broken games and like to paid over 60 for one well! Its your right! But Sony did the right thing 100%!!!! 

Im not defending Cyberpunk but 10 years of hype or not if Sony is going to hold one game to this standard maybe they should do the same for the rest of those shit games.  Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales for example crashes once per hour when I try to play it, the game is at least a couple years old and never got pulled from the store, made by the same dev.  Sony should be doing some quality control for all games and not just the big releases.  

Edited by iGGTheEnd

The amount of bitching and whining people can do never ceases to amaze me.  There is plenty of blame to go around on both sides and it seems everyone is living in a glass house nowadays.  NO ONE made you spend your money on this game, only you did that.  Them offering a refund for this is a big deal so just take it or leave it.  CDPR has stated that they are fixing the game so give them a break.  It's been a long 8 years and this one has been especially hard!  Have some empathy and grace gamers and play something else while we wait for the patches!!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Seth_Loyce said:

I'm SHOOK. Like, I get it, what baffles me is that the game hasn't got crucified by reviewers while other games like AC Unity or Days Gone did, even though they literally got patched within a week and were in a much better state than Cyberpunk 2077. 

Your Avatar is so great for this Topic :)

• Like 1

I find this funny with sony they send us an email informing us.

"Thank you for contacting PlayStation.

CD Projekt Red is currently working on patches and updates to fix bugs and crashes, and to improve overall gameplay experience of Cyberpunk 2077.

Please visit https://en.cdprojektred.com/ for information on any patches or updates to Cyberpunk 2077"

but now they're allowing the refund?

also I'm just someone who is playing on base ps4 and I for the life of me can't get 1 mission to start and I've been stuck there since the game came out and I could be waiting months before it's fixed and I would rather pick it up again when it's patched better and cheaper..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Or the developer asked to remove the game from the store and issue refunds while they work on improving the game for Sony's platform.

Why do so many people not go for the most simple answer and make everything as dramatic as possible? Sony and CD Projekt Red aren't children hitting each other on the playground. They're run by adults who can control their emotions. Some of those adults made really poor decisions and now have to do what adults do: figure out the best way to rectify the mistake.

I brought this possibility up on gamefaqs, but no one seems to buy it.

8 minutes ago, D-Maestro said:

Remember a long time ago when they told you not to believe everything you see on the internet?  People made their decision based on footage from a high end pc version.  In case you haven't noticed, most companies do this nowadays.   Again, no one made you spend your money but you.  We are not living in a Cyberpunk world just quite yet.

That’s true, and people should be more careful with their money.

But this in no way excuses CDPR for their actions. Don’t conflate the two. The pre-order culture certainly allows for fraudulent activity to occur, but that doesn’t excuse or mitigate that fraudulent activity.

55 minutes ago, danielc655 said:

also I'm just someone who is playing on base ps4 and I for the life of me can't get 1 mission to start and I've been stuck there since the game came out and I could be waiting months before it's fixed and I would rather pick it up again when it's patched better and cheaper..

Get the refund. In fact, 7 less you are thoroughly enjoying the game, get the refund. It will only get cheaper later.

Edited by starcrunch061

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

I brought this possibility up on gamefaqs, but no one seems to buy it.

That’s true, and people should be more careful with their money.

But this in no way excuses CDPR for their actions. Don’t conflate the two. The pre-order culture certainly allows for fraudulent activity to occur, but that doesn’t excuse or mitigate that fraudulent activity.

Thanks, I was about to add something along the lines of the deception.  That's why I said there's blame on both sides i.e. the threats.  At least they have said they are fixing it, so we shall wait and see because that's all we can do.

Take the refund.

if the game get’s fixed, great - rebuy, but for the moment - take the refund.

CD Projeckt stock was down another 13% today, and is down 39% since 4th of December - and that’s before market activity is really affected by this Sony announcement.

At this rate there is no guarantee that there will be sufficient staff there to fix the last gen console versions. At a certain point, stockholders may demand the broken last-gen versions are simply pulled and left to rot, and plough whatever resources are available to ensuring the PC & current Gen versions pull in enough customers and good faith to offset the bad press they will get

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

At this rate there is no guarantee that there will be sufficient staff there to fix the last gen console versions. At a certain point, stockholders may demand the broken last-gen versions are simply pulled and left to rot, and plough whatever resources are available to ensuring the PC & current Gen versions pull in enough customers and good faith to offset the bad press they will get

Do stockholders get that specific with the minutia of any product? 

Take the refund.

Are you talking about what you're going to do or telling others what to do?

Edited by TJ_Solo

1 minute ago, TJ_Solo said:

No. They get quarterly earnings calls that don't delve into those details unless there is time in Q&A. Or they get press releases if the company decides to issue ones, but they rarely go into those kinds of details.

Stock price fluctuations are speculation and emotional reactions and as Warren Buffet said "The "market" is a drunken psycho who has no idea what it wants."

9 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

not the individual stockholders, perhaps, but their representatives within the company - The CEO, CFO, Board of Directors and upper management represent the interest of stockholders, not customers.

The customer matters, but only in so far as it serves the interests of the stockholders. At the point that dissatisfying the customers becomes less costly than satisfying them - when the capital cost increases above the loss incurred through bad press / loss of business, the company has a responsibility to the shareholders to take that action. Short of regulations prohibiting them (laws etc) they are there to protect the financial interests of investors, not customers.

So, thhe question really is - to the Board of Directors get that specific?

Yes.

When the product is the big, flagship thing that they have been informed was the greatest thing since sliced bread for the past 8 years, and was clearly financially important enough fo the company that the felt the had to release it now, despite knowing how flawed it was, and - I’m sure, over the protestations of many within their own company, who I would imagine warned them that these would be the results?

When that product has been synonymous with the companies name with cirtually it’s entire customer base for years?

When they don’t have any other products even close to that important, other than legacy products like The Witcher series that have all but fully played out their sales, as almost rvery potential customer has already bought it?

Yes.

Do not underestimate the cut-throat nature of business.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Seth_Loyce said:

I'm SHOOK. Like, I get it, what baffles me is that the game hasn't got crucified by reviewers while other games like AC Unity or Days Gone did, even though they literally got patched within a week and were in a much better state than Cyberpunk 2077. 

"what baffles me is that the game hasn't got crucified by reviewers ".... THAT'S exactly the point though. The game has been getting good reviews, so more people have been buying it... thus creating a huge mess for Sony (because of people asking for refund).

If the game had been getting "crucified by reviewers", then the game wouldn't be taken down from the ps Store, because not a lot of people would be buying it... thus not a lot of people asking for refund.

Decisions (like taking a game off the ps Store) are ONLY made based on $$$$. Sony doesn't give a sh%t if a game is sh%t, as long as it's making money. And right now, Cyberpunk is costing them money. So they remove it. If nobody was asking for refund for the game, Sony would keep it in the store.

not the individual stockholders, perhaps, but their representatives within the company - The CEO, CFO, Board of Directors and upper management represent the interest of stockholders, not customers.

They stated that they didn't give out proper information about the state of the game on PS4 or Xbox One and they would patch those versions to be stable, working products. 

Yet, you claim that those suits would attempt to abandon those versions after making 2 public statements to the contrary? That seems like a pretty unlikely "what if" scenario. Maybe that could have been possible months ago...maybe.

The customer matters, but only in so far as it serves the interests of the stockholders. 

The stockholders don't generate income. The customers are the base for any given company's revenue stream. Stockholders merely invest money so that products for consumers can be made. Stockholders then seek heavy returns on their investment. This doesn't occur without consumers buying those products and services.

Do not underestimate the cut-throat nature of business.

It looks more like your overstating the matter. Your posts read like some anti-business manifesto that only sees capitalism as a one-way street that businesses completely control.

7 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

The way the game runs on base last gen consoles is inexcusable that's forsure but I wouldn't blame CDPR solely. The way gamers and fans reacted when the game kept getting delayed probably played a part in all of this as well. I don't think I've ever seen a situation where devs received death threats or got told that they'd be boycotted for wanting to delay their game for further polish. 

6 hours ago, MsVelvet said:

Thank U!! This is what I've been saying. It was CD's responsibility to release a proper working game for sure. Im in no way disputing that but the childish behavior from gamers when they delayed the game was beyond ridiculous but totally normal for what the human race has become 2day. They probably put this game out becuz of the mountain of pressure they were under even knowing the games state. Ppl do not take responsibility at all so every gamer who complained n threw a tantrum when this game got delayed n now are crying becuz its unplayable on base consoles r partially to blame for the disaster of this title. Going forward when a developer delays a game especially as many times as CD delayed cyberpunk shup n wait.

CDPR went on to state that they didnt feel under any extra unordinary pressure, so I'm not sure how much weight I would put on the alleged death threats.  I would think if they took those seriously, they'd get some kind of law enforcement involved.

13 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

They stated that they didn't give out proper information about the state of the game on PS4 or Xbox One and they would patch those versions to be stable, working products. 

Yet, you claim that those suits would attempt to abandon those versions after making 2 public statements to the contrary? That seems like a pretty unlikely "what if" scenario. Maybe that could have been possible months ago...maybe.

The stockholders don't generate income. The customers are the base for any given company's revenue stream. Stockholders merely invest money so that products for consumers can be made. Stockholders then seek heavy returns on their investment. This doesn't occur without consumers buying those products and services.

It looks more like your overstating the matter. Your posts read like some anti-business manifesto that only sees capitalism as a one-way street that businesses completely control.

Well, I’m sure you’re probably right - though I certainly think you are placing a lot of faith in company statements. There is virtually no example of a massive company failure, where you can’t find a bunch of “it’s all fine, we’re doing what we need to do” type statements that were issued, right up to the point the wheels fell off the wagon. What else are they going to say? “Ah, shit, looks like we’re fecked...” that’s not exactly gonna help the shares to rally...

I’m not anti-capitalist, I am a capitalist, just like everyone else in the western world. 

My point was not that the scenario I suggested is bound to happen - as anyone who’s seen me post before would know, I’m not generally the doomsayer or given to hyperbole -   it was simply saying that people should take the refund, wait, and if it gets fixed, buy it then. Hell, I’ll be right in line with them to buy it then. God knows, it looks like it could be a fantastic game if they can get it to work!
I don’t think people should just wait for patches that may never happen / fully work.

Doing that is insuring yourself, and insulating yourself, from being let down. 

I don’t know about you, but if I had the choice between holding on to a 50 dollar bill myself, or having a drunk guy hold onto it for me as he tries to walk a tightrope to give it to me, I’d pick holding onto it myself.

That doesn’t mean I want him to fall

Edited by DrBloodmoney

3 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Can you back up this claim?

According to a tweet from the developers quoting them:

Devil's advocate:

What if it was Sony that contacted them and informed them that their product was being removed, not really involving cdpr in the decision.

To be honest, after cdpr's blatant dishonesty, I would take anything they say at this point with a bucket of salt.

35 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

The stock plummeted to a tune of a $billion+ loss.  You can bet whoever owns that stock is going to demand some answers and yes, they have the clout to determine whether or not to abandon the ps4/xbox versions if fixing them becomes the more costly option, despite whatever public statements the devs put out.

Of course, that would only make the situation worse for pretty much everyone involved, but it's not outside the realm of possibility 

Edit

To expand on that, let's say their 8million pre-orders generated $100 each (for the sake of simplicity) for a sales total of 800 million. Within a week, they lose over a billion in stock value plus X amount of refunds to the point where this is now a loss for them (depending on the number of non-pre-order sales and amount of refunds etc). 

This could very easily lead to a reduction of staff and other cost-cutting measures.  After the hit to their reputation, im not so sure they can bank on new gen console sales if/when they become available months from now

Edited by AJ_-_808