kingofbattle8174

Attack on Completion 2021 ( Year 4)

947 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

7 games completed 100% = 0.59% increase.

The struggle is real :P

Hey at least you didnt go backwards

20 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

@LukaLaurent
Original Starting PCG: 78.5%                Total Earned Trophies: 81
Goal PCG: 85%                        Total Earned Platinums: 1
Current PCG: 79%                    Total Games Started: 1
Total Increase: 0.5%                    Total Games Completed: 2

Forward momentum!

Had a lot come up lately, plus between trying to start an exercise routine... Little Nightmares is taking me longer than it should, haha. It should be done tomorrow, though... then Steins;Gate Elite is on my agenda!

It's great backlogging some of these games I'd only started, but when something new comes out that I want to play it'll kill me, haha. There's already a list of a few games (partially waiting on price drops), but I plan on making Demon's Souls platinum 150!

Update 1     (posting updates mainly for my benefit, maybe someone else will find them interesting)

Jan 12

Start games started: 95

Start games completed: 57

Current games started: 95

Current games completed: 59 (+2)

Platinum Trophies at start ---> current (47 ---> 48) (+1)

Start completion percentage: 67.07%

Current completion percentage: 68.34% (+1.27%)

Goal: 75%

Games this week:

Resident Evil HD

Making slow progress through this. I've picked this as my 50th platinum since the original is one of my best memories of gaming of all time. I played the original on PSOne when it first released back when I was a kid. I remember staying up late with my friends arguing about who had to take the controller because we were all too scared to play. We eventually beat it and I became a hero when I played through the whole game on whatever the hardest difficulty was back then without saving once. Because of this I figured I'd have no problem starting on hard this time around. I'm currently ammo-less and health item-less and may have to start over being more careful. 😂

The Pathless

Played all the way through and platinumed this one this week. It was a lot of fun. I loved the gameplay, the art and the music. I liked how they told the story. The game was just the right length and an easy platinum experience. It was a nice change of pace after really having to dedicate my attention for the plat on Sackboy: A Big Adventure (the speed run trophy "Stringing it Together" was tough for me)

Sky Force Anniversay

After years of chipping away at this off and on with my son we finally got 100 medals and got all the cards to drop to reach the 100%. It's a fun little game and it was satisfying to finally finish it. Maybe we will dive into Sky Force Reloaded later this year....

Up next this week:

- Continue through Resident Evil HD

- Chip away at the new time trials added to Tools Up

- Maybe start Spirit of the North, I'm not sure yet

Happy trophy hunting everyone!

Edited January 12 by Llobster12

Update 2

February 2, 2021

Games started at beginning: 95

Games completed at beginning: 57

Platinum Trophies at beginning: 47

Games started last week: 95

Games completed last week: 59

Platinum Trophies last week: 48

Current games started: 96       (+1 from last week ...... +1 total)

Current games completed: 59  (+0 from last week ...... +2 total)

Current Platinum Trophies: 48) (+0 from last week ..... +1 total)

Completion percentage at beginning: 67.07%

Completion percentage last week: 68.34%

Current completion percentage: 68.81%     (+0.47% from last week ..... 1.74% total)

Goal: 75%

Games this week:

Resident Evil HD (PS4)

I've made it through my first two playthroughs. Once and Chris and once as Jill. The first playthrough was with Chris and I played on normal and just enjoyed myself not worrying about getting any trophies, just let them come along naturally without consulting a guide. Last week I thought that I would have to start over as I had gotten myself in a bad place with no ammo and no healing items, but I managed to bravely run away from every enemy until I could find some resources and finish the game. It was a great trip through nostalgia. Then I did a playthrough with Jill for the "no saving allowed" trophy. I'm really enjoying my time revisiting this game 22ish years after playing it for the first time. I'm setting this one up to be my 50th platinum since it's one of my favorite games of all time.

Planet Coaster (PS5)

Last week I had planned on playing Spirit of the North as my 49th trophy as a I near completion on Resident Evil, but as I was about to grab it off of the shelf I grabbed Planet Coaster instead on a whim. I've been playing it a lot and really loving it. I now remember why I used to spend so much time playing "tycoon" games when I was younger. I haven't played one in ages and I'm really glad that I picked this one up. It took a minute to get used to playing a game like this without a mouse and keyboard, but now that I've practiced it works just fine. The game is fun and I've spent way to many nights in the last few weeks realizing that I've stayed up way too late building my park and being super tired at work the next day. I've made it through all of the medium career levels and the first hard level. 11 more career levels to go plus the challenge mode and some misc trophies.

Phogs (PS4)

My daughter saw a trailer of this game and wanted to play it with me. I'll be slowly slowly going through this as my daughters attention holds for short bursts. It's a co-op focused game (but can be played single player) where each player controls each end of a 2-headed legless dog-worm thing. It's either super cute or absolute nightmare fuel. I can't decide. Check out a trailer and tell me what you think.

Up next this week:

- Continue through Resident Evil HD. I think I will start my playthrough on survival mode.

- Continue through Planet Coaster career mode.

- Start Destruction All-Stars (downloading while I'm typing this)

- Phogs here and there with my daughter

- Tools Up! time trials here and there with my son.

Happy trophy hunting everyone!

Edited by Llobster12
messed up quoting/spoiler formatting, didn't manage to fix it

I meant to quote and hide my first update just above, then have my 2nd update visible. Somehow I've hidden everything and can't figure out how to fix it. Sorry about that, I'm a forum n00b!

@Squirlruler Hey can you add me to the list for the next update? I made my signup on Page 9 here: AoC: Sword. Forgot to tag you then, I apologize! 

Starting: 93%

Ending: 98%

These are my TL;DR from my post to make it easy on you. Haha.

Edit: As an update (to stay on topic) I just gained a bunch of Monster Hunter World trophies. Almost at 94% now! It's been quite the grind but it's slowly starting to come together. I'm kinda at the point where I'm going to be glad when I can go back and play shorter games, but I'm sticking MHW through till the plat for my #50. Onwards we go!

Edited by Sword

10 hours ago, Sword said:

@Squirlruler Hey can you add me to the list for the next update? I made my signup on Page 9 here: AoC: Sword. Forgot to tag you then, I apologize!

I've added you to it. It will only start with stats as of today.

Is it possible for me to jump on this, getting involved in another of these things during lockdown and with less hours at work!

@Squirlruler  

I have a question regarding the rules for this completion event. Upon going through my backlog, I've noticed a handful of games on my profile with unobtainable platinums and/or multiplayer trophies. 

Can I hide any games in my list that have those unobtainable trophies if I increase my goal for the event by whatever my stats are adjusted to once those games have been hidden? That way my actual completion % won't jump up and I'll still have the same goal, but adjusted accordingly. 

Example: lets say my current completion % jumps up by 3.67% after hiding games with unobtainables, I'd increase my original goal by 4% (rounded up) to 54% instead of my original goal of 50%

Hey, 

I will do an update next week or so. 

Till then... 

Have I ever told you guys, that I HATE online trophies? 

slight update:

STARTING % - 39.05

CURRENT % - 39.10

INCREASE OF - .05 %

so sadly nothing spectacular. life has been getting in the way more that i would have figured so far this year. but i'm slowly chipping away at it. Think my intial goal of 10% increase was....a little ambitious to say the least lol. but little by little.

1 hour ago, RikuKelev said:

Have I ever told you guys, that I HATE online trophies? 

I feel you there, I hate them as well.

I finished up Child of Light and Hollow Knight. Two fantastic games.

Now I'm still working on Ghost of Tsushima Legends and New Game+ and exploring Yakuza: Like a Dragon again. I feel like starting another game though. Control maybe.