Attack on Completion 2021 ( Year 4)

Just now, Sword said:

If any of those crowns come from regular monsters, the event quests are available permanently now! Makes it insanely easy to get 80% or so of the monsters... until you get into things like elder dragons, Silver/Gold Rathalos... yeah... those burn your brain out fast. 1f62d.png

Yea, I finished all the crown events early last year when they were all out for like 6 months haha. Now it is just Elders/non-event ones :'(

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Sword said:

If any of those crowns come from regular monsters, the event quests are available permanently now! Makes it insanely easy to get 80% or so of the monsters... until you get into things like elder dragons, Silver/Gold Rathalos... yeah... those burn your brain out fast. 1f62d.png

Good to know. I have to get back to Monster Hunter at some point and start on the crowns hunt. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

What do you guys/girls do when you encounter a broken trophy? I've just got one on Hitman 2 that's going to stop me getting 100% and I'm really annoyed by it, so frustrating to know you have fulfilled the requirements on multiple occasions and you just don't get what you've rightfully earned! Pretty much just killed my motivation to keep on playing this game or start on Hitman 3, to be honest.

Just really annoyed :/

6 minutes ago, mareepx said:

What do you guys/girls do when you encounter a broken trophy? I've just got one on Hitman 2 that's going to stop me getting 100% and I'm really annoyed by it, so frustrating to know you have fulfilled the requirements on multiple occasions and you just don't get what you've rightfully earned! Pretty much just killed my motivation to keep on playing this game or start on Hitman 3, to be honest.

Which trophy? Maybe someone else knows a work-around?

35 minutes ago, mareepx said:

I gave it some time before I went back to try again. It took three attempts  starting from scratch to get the 50 houses sold for House Flipper. Maybe it needs to be patched. Sometimes just a system reset helps too. Some trophies are just touchy.

2 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I gave it some time before I went back to try again. It took three attempts  starting from scratch to get the 50 houses sold for House Flipper. Maybe it needs to be patched. Sometimes just a system reset helps too. Some trophies are just touchy.

@mareepx

So agreed with this.  I've run into a few glitched trophies, the worst being the one in Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki where it failed to count one of the monsters for the trophy to get all battle notes.  Had to not only do another playthrough, but I also had to not carry over any battle related data and start completely fresh.  Couldn't miss any quests, had to go hunt all those rare monsters that wouldn't spawn for me again, it was a serious pain in my butt.  That plat took as long as it did because I kept rage quitting it from sheer frustration over bad guides and then that bug and finding out that difficulty trophies didn't stack after all so I also had to do that run on hard.  Was so glad when I finally finished it and could remove it from my backlog for good.

Then there's also Gem Smashers Vita where there's a glitch that locks you out of a trophy and the only resolution is to format your Vita.  But for me it's a matter of I go and research as much as I can and try to determine if the trophy is just glitched and doesn't unlock for some people or all.  If it doesn't unlock for all, it's likely hopeless but if it unlocks for some then it is worth it to research if solutions exist to correct any errors or if any players have any ideas on how to prevent the glitch from happening.  Also might not hurt to backup saves often so you can revert to a previous save and redo as needed rather than starting fully from scratch, though this can depend on the trophy itself.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mareepx said:

I would als recommend making another save file before you're supposed to get that trophy. Just in case it glitches again. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mareepx said:

Mafia 3 was this for me, I gave it 3 months after 3 playthroughs hoping that since they did the definitive edition or whatever they called it, and were updating the first 2 games that they would fix what they broke.  Never happened and I stopped hoping, luckily Mafia 3 had a patch version that worked, and all I had to do was learn how to downgrade my patch version.  After some trial and error and 2 weeks of holding my breath while I played it 2 more times to get the remaining trophies for the platinum.  Then I calmly ejected the disc, deleted the game files from my hard drive, and put the game back on the shelf where it sits today.  A constant reminder that Big game companies don't care once they get your money.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Static_Rook said:

Guilty Gear Xrd Sign - I lost my physical edition, but luckily it's on PS Now. I played it at release but all the systems were too complicated for me, and the netcode wasn't great so I dropped it. The online is dead, of course, but I found a cheap copy of the PS3 version so I'll be doing some self-boosting when that arrives. It looks like the only trophy that will keep me from getting the platinum is the Spectator mode one so I might set up a boosting session for that eventually. Looking forward to Strive with it's simpler systems and better netcode.

I need to go back to this at some point, drop me a message if you want a partner for the spectator trophy since I need that one too. 

12 hours ago, gruffiiti said:

Which trophy? Maybe someone else knows a work-around?

Perfectionist for Hitman 2.

I did some digging of my own looking for a work-around but no luck yet.

The problem with Hitman is that all progress is stored server-side - so the game KNOWS I have completed the necessary challenges because it has them ticked, but I can't reset that progress unless I delete my entire account and start over. It even tracks challenge completion if you do one, reload to an earlier save where you haven't done it, and still ticks it off because you were connected to the server before you reloaded the save.

Anyway, I appreciate the responses regardless. Trophies seem like a silly thing to get annoyed by in the grand scheme of things but looks like I was preaching to the right crowd!

3 hours ago, Shadowlord87 said:

Currenlty I'm Playing Thief, I got this not too long after initially getting the PS4, couldn't really ge tinto it back then. Finding it  abit more enjoyable this time.

nice that is on my list here this year to go back and finish I don't think I completed more than the first chapter back when it came out.

17 hours ago, Shadowlord87 said:

Currenlty I'm Playing Thief, I got this not too long after initially getting the PS4, couldn't really get into it back then. Finding it  abit more enjoyable this time.

I finished it this year too after it was sitting on my list for ages. Super nice game, love the setting and the storytelling. 'Finders Keeper ' :silver: was a scary trophy without any in-game tracker. it was such a relief when it popped. Some advise; get a list from the internet and keep manual track on it, just in case

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Llobster12 said:

Then I'll finish the plat off with the trophy for causing a roller coaster accident involving 300 guests, should be fun!!

Are you aiming for the minimum 300 or going to see just how many you can take out?  lol

10 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

I finished it this year too after it was sitting on my list for ages. Super nice game, love the setting and the storytelling. 'Finders Keeper ' :silver: was a scary trophy without any in-game tracker. it was such a relief when it popped. Some advise; get a list from the internet and keep manual track on it, just in case

I have seen more people playing thief this year then when it came out I think lol  thanks for the tip I hate it when games have no way to help you track something, that they require you to collect 800 billion+ of for a trophy.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 3:43 AM, Hisuiryu said:

I need to go back to this at some point, drop me a message if you want a partner for the spectator trophy since I need that one too. 

Awesome, thanks!

My PS3 copy is estimated to arrive on March 3rd. I'll test out the self-boosting and if all goes well we can try to set something up after that. 

• Like 1