Attack on Completion 2021 ( Year 4)

Oh man what a dumper of a month for me. Just didn't have the time or motivation but now that some personal issues have been resolved I'll have more time, and hopefully more focus.

• Like 3

Original Starting PCG: 68.91%                    February Earned Trophies: 105
Goal PCG: 75%                                           February Earned Platinums: 3
February Starting PCG: 70.23%                  February Games Started: 1
Current PCG: 71.31%                                  February Games Completed: 4
Month Increase: 1.08%
Total Increase: 2.40%

Not that I mind it, but I'm really feeling like I put my target too low and I might end up hitting it half way through the year - maybe I should have aimed for 80%.....

February was a good month for progress though - I finished a few older backlog games that I've been meaning to go back to, Thief and Tales of Zestiria are up to 100%, Disgaea 4 will be very soon as well so I've gotten a good bit of additional % from that. I also finished the only new game I started in Feb (Telltale's Batman), while it's not a difficult one it all adds to the completion!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Hisuiryu said:

Not that I mind it, but I'm really feeling like I put my target too low and I might end up hitting it half way through the year - maybe I should have aimed for 80%.....

No reason you can't make it a personal goal once you hit your original 75% target.

• Like 1

Woah this is so cool! Guess I can't join in by now? ? I came back to trophies after playing FF7R last earn and slowly regaining my interest in trophies as the game went by (I've being away from it for many years, a shame cause I lost the opportunity on many plats) and this year I want to clean quite a chunk from my backlog, just even reinstalled my PS3 and finished Infamous festival of blood this week, so it would be fun to participate too if still possible.

My current % is 51.95% and with 5% that would mean 56%, didn't thought about a target but I'll say 60%

• Like 4

On 3/1/2021 at 1:56 PM, Squirlruler said:

@Niilismo
Original Starting PCG: 97.94%                    February Earned Trophies: 120
Goal PCG: 100%                    February Earned Platinums: 2
February Starting PCG: 96.95%                    February Games Started: 2
Current PCG: 98%                    February Games Completed: 2
Month Increase: 1.05%
Total Increase: 0.06%

I really need to go back and finish MHW so I can finally increase my percentage by a decent amount, but I just started Super Meat Boy (I want to make it my 100th plat) which will probably take me a while to complete. In the meantime I'll probably finish Shiren the Wanderer on my Vita, which I've been playing on and off for well over a year. Both of these games will take me a while, so I expect my percentage to increase very little this month.

• Like 3

On 3/1/2021 at 5:56 AM, Squirlruler said:

@be_minor
Original Starting PCG: 47.41%                    February Earned Trophies: 109
Goal PCG: 55%                    February Earned Platinums: 4
February Starting PCG: 47.9%                    February Games Started: 4
Current PCG: 49.3%                    February Games Completed: 5
Month Increase: 1.4%
Total Increase: 1.89%

Thanks @Squirlruler for compiling this. I look forward to these end of month composites you post; they really feel like snapshots of our backlog experiences.

On a personal note, I probably won't achieve February levels in March. I'm going to be adding at least one new game to my list (possibly more if Disco Elysium releases this month as planned). But I made a promise to not be too hard on myself as long as I'm not losing percentage. 

• Like 1

TL,DR: Another week goes by with peanuts to show for trophy progress due to a RNG experience that has boiled over my frustration into the realm of pure anger. Went to bed last night absolutely frustrated and woke up today with this sarcastic attitude of "welcome to another day of rolling the dice to see if I can get a single crown". Lord help me. The last platinum trophy I earned was over 3 months ago now. I wanted a memorable #50 and Monster Hunter World is going to be a memorable one alright... for all the wrong reasons, explained below.

I am going to be honest with you all, I am insanely burnt out. I have spent this entire week going after Namielle (one of the Monster Hunter World: Iceborne elder dragons) and failing to obtain her large gold crown... and I still have 7 other monsters to go after her that require the same levels of "luck" to RNG their crowns.

Literally spent all of last night, from 6pm-1am (which has been a recurring theme this week) going after her crown and NOT getting it... again. I've been close so many times it's not even funny. Last night I had several 15 minute kills where the results told me I was within 2 measuring units shy of her gold crown (2498.67 and I believe at this point her gold crown starts at 2500 units big), which basically broke me.

Loading up a mission, staring at loading screens for 2-3 minutes between runs, running up to the monster and trying to measure how tall I am compared to it, thinking it's large enough, doing a 12-15 minute battle only to have the game tell me "nah, you're THIS close"... because, you know, there's no way to actually tell how large it is without killing it... then repeating 2-3 minutes of LOADING SCREENS before I can load up another mission, stare at loading screens, find the monster... with a 3% chance that the monster is actually going to be the large gold crown? Hours... and hours... of loading screens, and podcasts, and Kitchen Nightmares/Hotel Hell/Maury/Steve Wilkos/Road Rage compilations... I'm.. so... over it. 

I am not having fun anymore, this grind is absolutely killing me. If not for the stubborn bullheadness to want to see these games be #50 and #51 as worthy milestones, I'd have taken a break so long ago. I'm almost doubly pissed now that these plats aren't ultra rare as a nail in the coffin, but whatever. 

Currently the game says I'm at 360 hours played, but between all the save scumming I've done I'm easily at 400+ hours now, easily. I'd be much more happy if the game made you powerful enough so I could at least shut my brain off when I get to the fighting portion, but it doesn't. Several times I've actually FORGOTTEN how to fight because it takes you hours and hours to actually find one large enough that you THINK is the right one, that the controls just go out the window for me. 

I know that there is many other plats that are more time consuming (Necrodancer, Fortnite, Last Hope) or skill based (Super Meat Boy, Wolfenstein, etc) but my goodness. Never have I come across so many layers of RNG that have completely soured a game for me like MHW has. It's not even skill based, it's just pure and utter garbage. If there was ever a game that is making me question why I am trophy hunting, I have finally found one. Last Hope was 10x better of a grind than this game. At least you can become uber OP in that game and shut your brain off. 

/rant

Edited by Sword
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sword said:

TL,DR: Another week goes by with peanuts to show for trophy progress due to a RNG experience that has boiled over my frustration into the realm of pure anger. Went to bed last night absolutely frustrated and woke up today with this sarcastic attitude of "welcome to another day of rolling the dice to see if I can get a single crown". Lord help me. The last platinum trophy I earned was over 3 months ago now. I wanted a memorable #50 and Monster Hunter World is going to be a memorable one alright... for all the wrong reasons

/rant

yea... The mhw rng is terrible... I'd recommend playing other games. You can always save one trophy so you don't pop the plat and save your milestones. GL... 

• Like 1