Attack on Completion 2021 ( Year 4)

12 minutes ago, BullShark_NL said:

Anyone knows if I need to buy DLC for Minecraft?

no minecraft dlc is always free.  there are multiplayer trophies for it through that can be a slight pain if you don't know what you are doing, and on the main game you have to throw a diamond to another player, otherwise all can else can be done solo.  If you need help let me know I can help with the multiplayer trophies and a few other odd ball ones that require some work.  

16 minutes ago, BullShark_NL said:

The store is full of DLC but what I can see it are just skins ?

yep those are just skins. 

• Like 2

Update 14. 4/9/2021

Starting PCG    32.61%
Previous Week 35.61%
Current PCG    35.91%
Goal = 50%

Games played -

The Walking Dead Season 1 (PS3) - Finally got the plat and 100% for this after 8 years in the backlog. 

Titan Attacks - I was looking for another quick game to boost up my PCG a little and found this. Another PS Plus game that I got one trophy in years ago and forgot about. It only took a few hours to get the 100% and it was a pretty fun Space Invaders clone. The trophies are mostly bronze so it didn't increase my completion too much, but I'm one game closer to 100 completed.

Week 15 plans

-I'm playing Bioshock and Dead Space 2 for the Spring Challenge and should get the Bioshock plat + 100% before next Friday.

-Finish Limbo and Lapis x Labyrinth for the UR Challenge

-Knock out another easy game or two.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Shadowlord87 said:

Update 14: April 10th

Finally managed to beat Mein Leban on Wolfenstein 2 last night, so that's finally out of the way and the Platinum is now mine.

Good job on that! I’m jealous of those that have the skills and patience to beat Mein Leban. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shadowlord87 said:

My plans going forward are to complete the remaining DLC trophies, and then I'm debatikng doing the 2 remaining Wolfenstein titles I havnm't done yet (Cyberpilot & Youngblood).

Heard only bad things about it hence why I didn’t even try to buy them but if you do, let us know how it goes. 

3 hours ago, Arophous said:

Going slower than I had imagined but had to play Little Nightmares due to an itch I got (got 100%) and start Dark Souls Remastered - got trilogy for birthday.  The great news is a lot of my time has been based in Destiny 2, grinding out the collection and triumph DLC trophys, happy to say the last trophy is in sight with very little playtime needed, just a few weeks of repeating the same hour activity - such a great feeling to no all the actual challenging barriers for a trophy are done. 

Partly my fault - I decided the Splintered title in D2 would be my seal trophy from the current expansion. One of the toughest parts is solo content gated by level/weapons and ability - luck was on my side though and got it done in the 24 hour window I had this week and before end of season inevitably raises the bar again. Has been an epic ride but one made harder for us trophy hunters due to removed/ changed content. Hopefully be able to speed up some single player title trophys for next few weeks!

Nice, and grats on the Destiny 2 work.  I need to clean up that game myself, just can't bring myself to do it after they implemented the season BS.  I loved that they updated the trophies for the content they decided to vault, just pissed me off that they added the "season" crap to keep people who don't have a ton of time to play coming back as your end game progress will reset.

• Like 1

Update 5

April 13, 2021

Games started at beginning: 95

Games completed at beginning: 57

Platinum Trophies at beginning: 47

Current games started: 102       (+7 from start)

Current games completed: 71  (+14 from start)

Current Platinum Trophies: 57) (+9 from start)

Completion percentage at beginning: 67.07%

Completion percentage last update: 72.69%

Current completion percentage: 73.99%     (+1.30% from last update..... +6.92% total)

Goal: 75% ---- (1.01% left to goal)

Games since last update:

Destruction Allstars (PS5)

Still just one trophy left. I've tried to find games most every night for the last few weeks and most of the time I fail to find a game. This game is sadly already dead it seems. Strangely, although I live in the US and have been on the US Central server since the game began, for some reason the game now has me on the Europe server and won't let me change it. This also coincides with the last few weeks of not being able to get into a match.

Dungeon Defenders II (PS4)

I played this about three years ago and got one trophy. On a whim these last few weeks I redownloaded it and cleared this out 100%. I figured I should get it done since it's an online only game and didn't want to find out one day that the servers are shut down and it's forever stuck as a 1% game on my profile. It really didn't take very long (10ish hours) and stayed enjoyable for those 10 hours. I played the first dungeon defenders a ton on steam years and years ago and think the original is better, but this one is still fun. It's not hard either so I'm not sure why the 100% completion rate is so low. (about 4.21% as I write this).

Dirt 5 (PS5)

After saying last update that this one would be on the back burner as I couldn't get into it enough to make it the main game I'm playing, I actually really got into the swing of things and completed the platinum, then purchased and completed the two DLC's that were released. I think that the difference was that I quit trying to control the game as if it were Mario Kart (which is how I approach most racing games... which is probably why I'm so bad at most of them). I acknowledged that the button to brake existed and started using it. After that things were quite a bit smoother! Who knew!?

Spirit of the North (PS5)

Started and completed the platinum for this one. It's short and sweet and fun while it lasts. The soundtrack is fantastic and fit the game perfectly.

Up next:

- I'll probably continue trying to get into games of Destruction Allstars just for the sake of trying.... but at this point I've pretty much given up hope.

- I started Godfall this week and will probably focus mainly on that for a while. I'm enjoying myself so far. The story is pretty "meh" so far, but I do enjoy the gameplay so far.

Also, I wanted to ask some opinions. I'm looking back through my previously started backlog and thinking about going for one of my more difficult games that I only have a few trophies in. The games I'm considering are:

Jamestown+

Downwell

Titan Souls

Hyper Void

Tiny Troopers Joint Ops

Resogun

Of those does anyone have any thoughts which one might be the most doable? Also, are the DLC's for Resogun as difficult as the completion percentage suggests, or is it just low because not many people got the DLC's? Any input would be greatly appreciated. I won't start it for a while - probably a few months until I've cleared other stuff off my plate and I'm ready to dive in, but I just was started to plan ahead.  Thanks in advance!

Happy trophy hunting everyone!

Edited by Llobster12
  • Like 4

@Llobster12

From your list, the only one I've 100% done is Titan Souls - as long as your willing to save scum it (backup data and reload it if you die) it's not too bad, but you need a lot of patience and practice for some parts. It's a fun challenge though.

Downwell I've found it much more frustrating as it feels heavily RNG (with the different powerups, you need the stars to align or you'll have a bad time). This one seems to vary a lot on how tough people find it though, there's plenty of people that manage to clear it quickly once they get the hang of it.

As for Resogun - Some of them are genuinely hard, I struggled with Protector mode one because you've got to survive and progress a fair while to destroy 10... though when I actually succeeded it felt easy, so really you just need practice and a good run I guess. Commando Mode is really difficult, partly because it's quite different from the rest of the game modes so you don't get practice for it while trying other stuff. I still haven't finished it personally (though I've gotten to the last wave a couple of times in the past), so I can't say much else about it.

Most of the other DLC stuff is just grindy, or takes a bit of practice but it's too bad. The local co-op might be an issue depending on your situation too.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 10:42 PM, Llobster12 said:

Destruction Allstars (PS5)

Still just one trophy left. I've tried to find games most every night for the last few weeks and most of the time I fail to find a game. This game is sadly already dead it seems. Strangely, although I live in the US and have been on the US Central server since the game began, for some reason the game now has me on the Europe server and won't let me change it. This also coincides with the last few weeks of not being able to get into a match.

Damn I really wanted to start this one next cause I feared it would already be empty since PS+ offer ended, makes me worried lol

On 4/14/2021 at 3:05 AM, Hisuiryu said:

@Llobster12

From your list, the only one I've 100% done is Titan Souls - as long as your willing to save scum it (backup data and reload it if you die) it's not too bad, but you need a lot of patience and practice for some parts. It's a fun challenge though.

Downwell I've found it much more frustrating as it feels heavily RNG (with the different powerups, you need the stars to align or you'll have a bad time). This one seems to vary a lot on how tough people find it though, there's plenty of people that manage to clear it quickly once they get the hang of it.

As for Resogun - Some of them are genuinely hard, I struggled with Protector mode one because you've got to survive and progress a fair while to destroy 10... though when I actually succeeded it felt easy, so really you just need practice and a good run I guess. Commando Mode is really difficult, partly because it's quite different from the rest of the game modes so you don't get practice for it while trying other stuff. I still haven't finished it personally (though I've gotten to the last wave a couple of times in the past), so I can't say much else about it.

Most of the other DLC stuff is just grindy, or takes a bit of practice but it's too bad. The local co-op might be an issue depending on your situation too.

Thanks so much for taking the time give me some info, that really helps!

Week 15 update

This is another loss week for me.  I went from 78.15% in week 14 to 77.71%.  I made a little more progress on trophies for Cold steel 3, and I also started a new game, Civ 6.

Trails of Cold Steel 3 (PS4):

I made more progress on this game, this one is going to be a slow start on the trophies until I get closer to completing my first playthrough as a lot are tied to forging bonds with team mates, which can't happen until close to the end of a playthrough and of course to different things you do in battle.  I.e. getting advantage or rush attacks.  Plus I love the story of this series so I am taking my time and giving it my full focus.

Civilization 6 (PS4):

I got weak and started this game since I enjoy it on the PC and it was on sale.  Unfortunately it added 98 trophies to my unearned list lol.  I have made decent progress on getting through the trophies for the platinum, and a few for the free DLCs.  I still have the other DLCs all 9 of the 11 you have to pay for.  Luckily they are also on sale and grouped in packs so I can get a few at a time.  What I find nice about this game is I can easily play it will working since I can just put it down and save at anytime.  Which means if I have 30 mins to kill while waiting on something for work I can pick it up and play a bit.

Games / DLC played during event Completion   Profile Completion Percentage
Game Platform Start Last week This week Date Finished   Start Goal Target
Final Fantasy 15 (DLC 4/8) PS4 N/A 73% 73%     73.33% 80.00% 6.67%
Assassin's Creed 3 (DLC 3/4) PS3 N/A 93% 93%     Current Achieved To Go
Agarest: Generation of War 2 PS3 0% 100% 100% 2/1/2021   77.71% 4.38% 2.29%
Loot Hero DX PS4 0% 100% 100% 2/1/2021   Played Complete Platinum
Detroit: Become Human PS4 0% 100% 100% 2/9/2021   115 69 69
Murdered: Soul Suspect PS4 0% 100% 100% 2/13/2021   Unearned Trophies  
Dragon Quest Heroes PS4 5% 100% 100% 2/25/2021   1147  
Dragon's Crown Vita 4% 14% 14%          
inFamous Second Son PS4 1% 100% 100% 3/12/2021   Finished Games 14
Minecraft (DLC 13/13) PS4 84% 100% 100% 3/12/2021   Finished DLC 21
Minecraft (DLC 7/7) Vita 70% 100% 100% 3/19/2021        
Persona 4 Golden Vita 77% 100% 100% 3/21/2021        
House Flipper (DLC 1/1) PS4 84% 100% 100% 3/21/2021        
Bejeweled 2 PS3 85% 85% 100% 3/24/2021        
Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic PS3 38% 71% 71%          
Lost Dimension PS3 0% 54% 100% 3/29/2021        
Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation Vita 0% 5% 5%          
Drive Girls Vita 0% 100% 100% 4/9/2021        
Saints Row: The Third (DLC 3/3) PS3 65% 100% 100% 4/4/2021        
Trails of Cold Steel III PS4 0% 2% 5%          
Civilization VI (DLC 0/11) PS4 0% 0% 48%          

Upcoming week:

More work on Trails of Cold Steel 3, and Civ 6.

• Like 4