Attack on Completion 2021 ( Year 4)

On 06/06/2021 at 1:27 AM, LukaLaurent said:

Well, I'm making small strides. I'm making more progress to my Platinum goal (160, currently 154) than to my completion percentage goal. I've slacked on the backlog games though. New games I start are weighing me down!

Honestly if I even knock out completion on half of the games I wanted to, I'd see that as a success.

You have some great games that have some difficult trophy requirements left, they're always a pain in the ass.

However you do have some games you might be able to get through and complete you might enjoy. 

Dead Nation: AE - Not too hard to get through just a little but tiresome to do 2 or 3 times. Great fun though.

Guacamelee:STCE - I love these games, but platformer metroidvanias aren't for everyone. You can complete everything in about 15 hours though with a bit of practice.

MGS3 - You can play the game on Very Easy if you just want to get the trophies and have a guide for the Kerotans. Save often and enjoy the ride.

22 hours ago, gruffiiti said:

Children of Morta

Finally beat this game on the weekend. I wish the end boss OU was harder to beat as I knocked him off first try without ever losing much health. There were also a couple trophies for playing couch co-op left to get so I had my 9 year old daughter help me. I thought for sure I would have to revive her a bunch of times and get the "I won't let you die" trophy without thinking but she was destroying everything (even when I sat back and barely did anything). I had to ask her to let herself get killed, but she refused and replied "I don't want to kill my person". In the end I told her she could go get chips for a snack as we started another dungeon. She left to get them and I lured baddies in to knock her player out 5x to get the trophy. xD

Total time spent was 50hrs on this game and would love to play more like it.

funny update mate and I can totally understand that she want to let her character die...that's spirit! Great playing with your kids! When my two sons and I are in a squad in BF we are almost unbeatable......thanks to them ?

• Like 1

On 08/06/2021 at 8:40 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

You have some great games that have some difficult trophy requirements left, they're always a pain in the ass.

However you do have some games you might be able to get through and complete you might enjoy. 

Dead Nation: AE - Not too hard to get through just a little but tiresome to do 2 or 3 times. Great fun though.

Guacamelee:STCE - I love these games, but platformer metroidvanias aren't for everyone. You can complete everything in about 15 hours though with a bit of practice.

MGS3 - You can play the game on Very Easy if you just want to get the trophies and have a guide for the Kerotans. Save often and enjoy the ride.

Thanks for the suggestions!

2 of those are definitely on my list to get completed this year actually.

Guacamelee I've always wanted to go back to, it was fantastic, I just think I was short on time while playing, then likely got interupted by something else, lol.

MGS3 is up soon tbh. I tried my best to get more completion in MGS2, but I got really stuck playing Extreme difficulty, so I figured it was time to move on. MGS3 will be soon (I also want to get more of MGS4 done this year too!).

Dead Nation however, I just can't. Obviously I gave it a go as it was an early PS+ game, but I just wanted enjoying it.

Some others on my list however are South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Jedi: Fallen Order, Watch Dogs Legion and Final Fantasy XV, as well as MGS3 and 4 as I mentioned! I'm not sure how the second half of the year looks release wise for my interests, but currently I have very few games with dates for then, a lot is getting delayed. I may just be able to finish off the list while knocking out a couple of games not yet on my list as well (like Mass Effect 2 and 3, which I've completed the first one of). But really, bring on Ratchet & Clank!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LukaLaurent said:

I'm not sure how the second half of the year looks release wise for my interests, but currently I have very few games with dates for then, a lot is getting delayed. I may just be able to finish off the list while knocking out a couple of games not yet on my list as well (like Mass Effect 2 and 3, which I've completed the first one of). But really, bring on Ratchet & Clank!

same boat; most games I want are postponed or were an ultimate disaster (cyberpunk ...). At least it does help me to finish games I started in the past

• Like 1

On 7-6-2021 at 9:56 PM, Squirlruler said:

Found your problem bro :P

But the screen of Switch is beter visible outside.

On 7-6-2021 at 10:05 PM, Spinacheq said:

Sounds like you need to set up a nice little gaming gazebo with a cheap flat screen and computer so you can remote play your systems from in the house :) 

That would be nice, will add it to the garden wishlist who knows ?

Last week completion rate is 75.34%

My current completion rate is 75.45%

Yes I did make a little progress. I finally got Ratchet & Clank platinum. I had to do a second new game+ before the Dead by Disco to count but it is done.

I didn't play Biomutant, it was fun but it starts to get repetitive so I guess I will have to play some other games in between.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

Trails of Cold Steel 3 (PS4):

So once again I missed judged how much I had left, coupled with my work doubling my work load last week, and it looks like for this coming week as well.  I did though get through my first playthrough which means I popped almost all of the remain trophies but 2 (not counting plat).  Which made my progress trophy wise go from 25% to 95% complete lol.  Since I chose to do 2 playthroughs I still have the hard mode run through, which I started to just see how it would look skipping events.  Hard mode trophy was the only trophy I was hoping to have to do, but I guess I didn't look hard enough and have to also finish the open every chest in 1 playthrough.  Since I already enjoyed the story I will be using a guide to make sure I don't miss any of these stupid chests this go around.  Though that said the hard mode is going to have to wait until later this week or next as I need to complete darksiders first to make CS3 my 75th plat.

Good job getting the majority though without a guide.  I'd advise to make sure you make 3 Moon Gems for your next run as well (that way you're covered for the chapter 4 dungeon where you split into 3 teams).  My bet is that your missed chest was in Juno Fort because there's a couple of tricky out of the way ones that are easily missed if you don't have a Moon Gem on both parties and even with a checklist those make it much easier to find all the chests since you get a general sense of the area to head towards rather than just knowing what map they are on.

Sounds like you'll be better off than I was for the nightmare run at least since you get Chevalier to help cheese your MQ setups.  That was the other reason why getting the VM trophy out of the way can help since you'll have more options for MQs for your tanks.  Being able to do that is very necessary in CS3 because in nightmare at late game you'll run into bosses who can heal faster than you can damage them if you don't cheese the mechanics.

• Like 1

Finally finished Shiren the Wanderer! That was a serious grind. It's hard to say exactly how much time I put into the game, but I estimate somewhere around 500 hours. That's plat #99 done, now back to Super Meat Boy to make it my 100th.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I'd advise to make sure you make 3 Moon Gems for your next run as well (that way you're covered for the chapter 4 dungeon where you split into 3 teams).  My bet is that your missed chest was in Juno Fort because there's a couple of tricky out of the way ones that are easily missed if you don't have a Moon Gem on both parties

Thanks, I was holding my breath at the end for each of the trophies to pop, the books, the quartz, praying I had enough events done to get everyone done for the bonding :).   I think Juno is where I missed one too, I didn't realize until end when you get split into 3 teams you can swap your moon lens around at anytime... ?.  at the end I had done enough grinding that I had 3 people one on each team during the spilt up to have a 100% eva person which helped a lot... FIE IS A MONSTER with the right gear lol.  And of course I forgot to snapshot the setup I used lol.

46 minutes ago, Spinacheq said:

Thanks, I was holding my breath at the end for each of the trophies to pop, the books, the quartz, praying I had enough events done to get everyone done for the bonding :).   I think Juno is where I missed one too, I didn't realize until end when you get split into 3 teams you can swap your moon lens around at anytime... 1f613.png.  at the end I had done enough grinding that I had 3 people one on each team during the spilt up to have a 100% eva person which helped a lot... FIE IS A MONSTER with the right gear lol.  And of course I forgot to snapshot the setup I used lol.

Load a previous save if you have to.  Game autosaves with every chapter so you should be able to grab that.  I actually prefer Gaius as an evasion tank because he's got better range and seems to crit or unbalance more than Fie.  But really you'll want to have a few you can set up like that for nightmare and a few heavy damage dealers as well.  3 should be enough since you'll want one for each group in chapter 4's dungeon.  Hardest part about CS3 on nightmare is that you need to be able to get a few parties capable of cheesing things or chapter 4's bosses will destroy you.

Also be so glad that NISA fixed the issue with levels not carrying over.  Just imagine us Japanese players having to do nightmare without levels carrying over.  The MQ that gave more experience became my best friend later in the game.  At least your grinding will carry over.

On 07/06/2021 at 2:04 PM, Pauloxzak said:

Update #12:

Starting completion rate (from the beginning of the year) : 49%

Current completion rate : 53.85% (+0.23 from last week ~ +4.85% from start)

Target rate: 60%

This past week:

FFXIV - PS5 - 73% ATM, Almost done with retroactive quests done, then I'll start farming the numbers for the missing ones

Natural Doctrine - PS4 - 46% ATM, No progress here

Resogun - PS4 - 40-platinum.png - 63% ATM, Got the plat! now I gotta grab the DLCs to finish this up

Muramasa Rebirth - Vita - 21% ATM - No progress here

Limbo - Vita - 4% ATM - No progress here

Desert Ashes - Vita - 72% ATM - No progress here

Sonic 2 - PS3 - 85% ATM, No progress here

Persona 4 Arena - PS3 - 24% ATM, No progress here

Far Cry 2 - PS3 - 12% ATM, so servers are not dead, I'll try to boost the rest of the MP trophies, also started single player

Update #13:

Starting completion rate (from the beginning of the year) : 49%

Current completion rate : 54.09% (+0.24 from last week ~ +5.09% from start)

Target rate: 60%

Late update this week lol my completion % was greatly helped by Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade auto-popping the plat when I imported my save, besides that small progresses here and there but mostly progress that doesn't convert into trophies

This past week:

FFXIV - PS5 - 73% ATM, not finished yet with raids and trials

FFVIIR Intergrade - PS5 - 84% ATM, started Yuffie's DLC but couldn't play more yet, too much work

Natural Doctrine - PS4 - 46% ATM, No progress here

Resogun - PS4 - 68% ATM, Been playing coop with my wife and we got almost all the coop required trophies, only one missing is beat arcade mode without any deaths

Muramasa Rebirth - Vita - 21% ATM - Playing Momohime's story, going for the 3rd boss

Limbo - Vita - 4% ATM - No progress here

Desert Ashes - Vita - 72% ATM - No progress here

Sonic 2 - PS3 - 85% ATM, No progress here

Persona 4 Arena - PS3 - 24% ATM, No progress here, my boosting partner is busy for the time being

Far Cry 2 - PS3 - 17% ATM, Been boosting kills for the Manuals trophy, this will take quite some time, also started single player 

On my next list:

Escape Plan - Vita

Destruction All Stars - PS5

Genshin Impact - PS5

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax - PS3 (will boost the MP trophies after Arena)

Rochard - PS3

Beyond: Two Souls - PS3

Pillars of the Earth - PS4 

• Like 4

Weekly Update:

• Tiny Troopers: Joint Ops - Finished the last trophy for the 100%. No platinum on this one which kind of sucks. 
  • Mass Effect 2 - I kind of am embarrassed about this one because I did like 40 hours of playtime in a week. That just goes to show how engaged I was. I thought this one was really good. I'm new to the series and this was a very appreciable step-up from the first game. It is also much darker because you are kind of working with the bad guys this time. I finished the platinum last night and was very happy to have no glitched trophies etc. Nice to have another 100% this week. 

Plans for Upcoming Week: I think I'm going to go back to Ni No Kuni 2 and finish the platinum. It wasn't my original plan with the Gaming By Numbers event, but with a big game like that, I want to finish it off while it's still fresh in my mind. I hate going back to an RPG and trying to figure out what the hell I was doing, and how things work again. I'd also like to finish off The Underground DLC for The Division. I'm level 38 out of 40, so it's just a couple of hours of grind left to do. From there, I may dip my toe into the other DLCs, but I expect that they are not my cup of tea. I'll get the easier trophies from those and skip the PVP grinds etc. Even if I didn't make it all the way to 100%, I can consider that game "done" when I don't plan on getting anything more out of it. For example: The Division 2. I'm just missing two trophies for doing the 8-man raids. I don't plan to bother with those. It's possible someday, I'll see a game session and think "Why not?" but I'm also happy to just let that be 95% forever. 

Starting Completion: 68.51%

Last Week's Completion: 69.28%
Current Completion: 69.77%
2021 Goal: 80.00%

100%s Since Last New Title: 3/20

Edited by Spacey Dweeb
  • Like 2

Welp. Decided to start Timespinner on Vita today as a palate cleanser between Shiren and Super Meat Boy, just to find out my left stick is drifting ☹️ Probably been that way for a while, I just hadn't noticed because Shiren doesn't use the left stick at all, and it's not severe enough to be noticeable on the home screen or in the system menus. Already ordered a replacement stick plus a couple extras to keep around in case this happens again at some point. In the mean time, I can probably keep playing Timespinner as the drifting only seems to happen when I touch the stick, which isn't required for this game.

• Like 2

On 6/15/2021 at 10:33 PM, Niilismo said:

Welp. Decided to start Timespinner on Vita today as a palate cleanser between Shiren and Super Meat Boy, just to find out my left stick is drifting 2639.png Probably been that way for a while, I just hadn't noticed because Shiren doesn't use the left stick at all, and it's not severe enough to be noticeable on the home screen or in the system menus. Already ordered a replacement stick plus a couple extras to keep around in case this happens again at some point. In the mean time, I can probably keep playing Timespinner as the drifting only seems to happen when I touch the stick, which isn't required for this game.

I think it is not so hard to replace a stick, you might want to check the internet on it

Update 24: June 19th

Starting Completion percentage: 87.02%

Week 1 Completion: 87.36% (+0.34%From Start)

Week 2 Completion: 87.79% (+0.77% From Start) (+0.42% from previous Week)

Week 3 Completion: 87.90% (+0.88% From start) (+0.11% from previous week)

Week 4 Completion: 88.08% (+1.06% From start) (+0.18% from previous week)

Week 5 Completion: 88.23% (+1.21% from start) (+0.15% from previous week)

Week 6 Completion: 88.44% (+1.42% From start) (+0.21% from previous week)

Week 7 Completion: 88.70% (+1.68% From start) (+0.25% from previous week)

Week 8 Completion: 89.24% (+2.22% From start) (+0.54% from previous week)

Week 9 Completion: 89.45% (+2.43% From start) (+0.21% from previous week)

Week 10 Completion: 89.58% (+2.56% From start) (+0.21% from previous week)

Week 11 Completion: 89.82% (+2.80% From start) (+0.24% from previous week)

Week 12 Completion: 89.79% (+2.77% From start) (-0.03% from previous week)

Week 13 Completion: 89.87% (+2.85% From start) (+0.08% from previous week)

Week 14 Completion: 89.81% (+2.79% From start) (-0.06% from previous week)

Week 15 Completion: 89.92% (+2.90% From start) (+0.11% from previous week)

Week 16 Completion: 89.90% (+2.88% From start) (-0.02% from previous week)

Week 17 Completion: 89.84% (+2.82% From start) (-0.06% from previous week)

Week 18 Completion: 89.95% (+2.93% From start) (+0.09% from previous week)

Week 19 Completion: 89.97% (+2.95% From start) (+0.02% from previous week)

Week 20 Completion: 90.02% (+3.00% From start) (+0.05% from previous week)

Week 21 Completion: 90.08% (+3.06% From start) (+0.06% from previous week)

Week 22 Completion: 90.11% (+3.09% From start) (+0.03% from previous week)

Week 23 Completion: 89.77% (+2.75% From start) (-0.34% from previous week)

Current Completion percentage: 90.07 (+3.05% From the Start) (0.30% Increase from last week)

Finished the PS5 version FF7R (Played a new game on Normal mode, then transferred my old pS4 save after to unlock any misc trophies i'd missed, and Hard mode). Next, I'll be playing the Yuffie DLC.

After that, I'm planning on playing through the Ratchet & Clank games I havn't done yet, ending with Rift Apart.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, chamberscheryl said:

Completion goal has been completed 1f60a.png 

I am absolutely delighted that I took part in the challenge. It's been a great motivator to keep working at it.

Now my trophy list is S or A rank for every game with the exception of Red Dead 2 that I've been looking forward to getting back into. 

Not too bad given I'm a frontline worker so have worked throughout the pandemic as well. 

Keep at it folks, the pain is worth it in the end 1f44d.png

Year End 31.12.20
  76.84%    
Goal Increase by 10% by y/e
  86.84%    

Date Start Month Diff Overall Diff Remaining
01 Jan 76.84% 0.00% 0% 10.00%
31 Jan 78.33% 1.49% 1.49% 8.51%
15 Feb 78.79% 0.46% 1.95% 8.05%
24 Feb 79.18% 0.39% 2.34% 7.66%
02 Mar 80.54% 1.36% 3.70% 6.30%
28 Mar 83.53% 2.99% 6.69% 3.31%
01 April 84.11% 0.58% 7.27% 2.73%
08 April 84.48% 0.37% 7.64% 2.36%
16 April 84.73% 0.25% 7.89% 2.11%
07 June 85.40% 0.67% 8.56% 1.44%
10 June 86.02% 0.62% 9.18% 0.82%
19 June 86.84% 0.82% 8.51% 0.00%

Congrats on making your goal. Maybe make a new goal and go for 90%, still a whole lot of year left. 

• Like 1

Monday update

As expected the loss from last week was made up for and then some this week. I am determined that this month I will break the 85% barrier finally after fluttering around it for months. With a bit of focus this mini goal shouldn't be a problem. I plan on finishing up Peaky Blinders and with a little luck Transistor as well. If there is time left over I may try go for that last level trophy I need in Megaquarium as well.

Side Thought: Hope all you other gamer Dads out there had a Happy Fathers Day yesterday!

Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition

Picked this game back up on the Tuesday of last week and easily got the "Tuesday Trophy". The rest of the game was finished shortly after as the last Act wasn't that long. I'm not sure I totally understand the story but I enjoyed most of the game. I felt Act 4 dragged on a little long and I wasn't overly excited about having to play it twice. At least it was much faster (except the bat sanctuary seemed to take twice as long) and showed you another side of certain events the second time round. Overall its worth a play as it turned out pretty well for being made by a 3 person studio.

Transistor

This game has been at 1% in my backlog for a long time as I had some trouble initially figuring out what to do and it frustrated me so I moved on (too quickly) to something else. It's always been a game I have been meaning to come back to at some point. Somehow a couple years went by and although it has never fallen off my radar I have not felt like the time was right to get back into it until this week. I finally loaded it up again and after learning and understanding how to use the various functions and playing around with where to use them its really opened up the game. So far the story has been intriguing and I'm looking forward to seeing this through to the end. 

Peaky Blinders: Mastermind

Completed some more missions this week but will have to redo a couple of them again following a guide for the gold times as they seem pretty tight to hit otherwise. I missed one by 0.16 of a second but the other was 14 seconds over the time to beat. I will likely wait till I finish up the rest of the levels first while making sure to grab all the collectibles. Using level select makes it easy and ignoring the collectibles should help get that time down enough.

Stats

Starting = 81.18%     -   Starting Platinums = 69

Current Gain = 3.56%     -   Current Platinums = 93

Jan = 82.41% (+1.23%)    -   Jan Platinums = (+1)

Feb = 84.43% (+2.02%)    -   Feb Platinums = (+8)

Mar = 84.07% (-0.36%)    -   Mar Platinums = (+4)

Apr = 82.67% (-1.40%)    -   Apr Platinums = (+3)

May = 84.38% (+1.71%)    -   May Platinums = (+6)

Jun = 84.74% (+0.36%)    -   Jun Platinums = (+2)

• Like 4