Attack on Completion 2021 ( Year 4)

Weekly Update: Well, I did better this week. I only started the games I planned on from The Walking Dead series. I didn't spend as much time gaming as I usually do this week. My wife has been wanting to watch scary shows at night. I got sucked into a show called Evil with her and we binged most of it in one day. It was really good. We also watched a metal sculpting reality show competition thing. It was alright. I like those types of shows, but it's hard to recommend them to people. I don't know what it is with my brain, but I am not interested in things like baking, fashion, make-up, flower arranging, modeling, or whatever; but turn on a reality show and suddenly I'm like, "I don't know about Samantha. Her dress design just doesn't meet the brief. What was she thinking with that underwire?! And that color?! Orange is not the new pink. She is just straight up crazy!"

Picture1.png

• Demon's Souls - @gruffiiti got his technical issue sorted out and we were able to jump into Demon's Souls one night this week. I got a few trophies from the session and caught up to where he was in the game. Next time we meet up, I think we are going to 3-2 in his world. 
  • The Walking Dead Series - I was pleasantly surprised to see the final season is different than the rest. There is a combat system that isn't all quick time events, and trophies that actually had some (minor) challenge attached to them. The platinum requires more than simply playing through the story. The downside is there are a lot of missable and mutually exclusive trophies, and they did nothing to help the players get back to those decision points easily. A chapter select would be really nice to have. I'm only about a quarter of the way so far, but enjoying this season. I also replayed Season one on the vita and the Michonne mini-series. I don't have anything of importance to say for them, so I'll just lump all these together. 
  • Ghost of Tsushima - I'm still in the first zone, but I've done a lot of the side content available here at this point. I am putting it on pause while I focus on my Halloween list a bit. However, I really like this game and I'm going to be returning to it soon. 
  • Hades - I got through to the point where the credits roll. So I've officially finished the main story. This occurs on the 10th successful escape from the Underworld. I'm a big fan of Super Giant Games, but I have to say that I think Hades is overhyped. It's good, very good even. However, I don't understand all the game of the year awards, the people saying they were crying at points in the story, and it going on people's greatest games of all time lists. I just wish I had started this one with proper expectations set. It's their best game yet for sure. I just don't think it surpasses their past efforts by much. This is not to say I don't really like this game. I've really liked all their games! I'm going to be happily pouring in more hours into this and having a good time the whole while,. I just wish I didn't have this nagging thought that I'm somehow missing something everyone else is getting that's making this better.

Plans for Upcoming Week: I am getting fatigued with all the Walking Dead, but I think I want to just keep going with it and get them done. I need to finish the final season on PS4 and I'm also planning on doing season two on the Vita since I own it already. In the background I'll be working on Hades and Hollow Knight.

Edited by Spacey Dweeb
  • Like 3

Started previously, completed:

Stranger of Sword City (2 trophies earned)

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes (7 trophies earned)

Started previously, in progress:

Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny (2 trophies earned, 14% completion)

Started in 2021, in progress:

Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom (40 trophies earned, 87% completion)

Treasures of Montezuma 4 (28 trophies earned, 95% completion)

Flower (10 trophies earned, 47% completion)

Started in 2021, completed:

Alphaset by POWGI (NA Vita)

Alphaset by POWGI (NA PS4)

Autumn's Journey

Pic-A-Pix Classic (NA PS4)

Pic-A-Pix Classic 2 (NA PS4)

Pic-A-Pix Pieces 2 (NA PS4)

Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (NA PS4)

Date a Live: Rio Reincarnation

Valiant Hearts: The Great War

Trials of Mana

Asdivine Cross

Crystal Ortha

Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk

Pic-A-Pix Color 2 (NA PS4)

Sparkle 2 (PS4)

Norman's Great Illusion (NA Vita)

Metropolis: Lux Obscura (NA Vita)

Gaps by POWGI (NA PS4)

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles

Kotodama

Children of Morta

Portal of Evil: Stolen Runes

Legends of Talia: Arcadia

Current completion: 98.12%

Starting completion: 97.90%

Goal: 99.00%

Made some progress in Shiness.  Wrapped up the grind to master all the combos.  I was making great progress on my second playthrough and was over halfway done with it and then I got a glitch that prevented any further progression in the game,  Sad truth is, this is the second time this happened and I should have known better, but I didn't have a backup save and nothing was resolving the issue.  At this point I now have to start over again on my second playthrough. There goes almost 13 hours of gameplay, ugh.  Trust me, I will be adding to the trophy guide I'm working on for this a very emphatic statement to have backup saves because this game is a glitchy mess.

I just have to say that I can tolerate a lot when it comes to a game, but glitches that outright block trophies or game progression are the absolute worst and make the game deserving of the label "shovelware" to me far more than most games that get that label.  Both the glitches I had were on very simple things that one would think the devs would get right.  You beat a monster, door opens.  The glitch that happened for me was that the door failed to open preventing me from going any further.  Two different parts of the game as well that this happened in, so it's not like players can say hey this one section is glitched make sure to have a backup at the beginning of the area.

• Like 4

Weekly update

My week was pretty decent as far as working on completion goes. I finished up South Park without missing any more of the missable collectibles. I immediately installed The Fractured But Whole with the thought to continue on to the next South Park game but somehow with a night of no gaming at all (too tired from busy work day) and doing some co-op in Demon's Souls I lost my drive to move on to the next South Park game. I'm sure I will start on it though in the next week or so. Its only a matter of time until I get frustrated with the Gold Crown grind in Monster Hunter and need a break.

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Finished up The Stick of Truth without too much difficulty because I kept an eye on the missable collectibles. Really enjoyed my time with this game (even for my second time completing it) and will be starting on the next South Park adventure soon.

Demon's Souls

Connected with @Spacey Dweeb an evening this week and ran through World 3-1. Slowly but surely we are making some progress on this game. Hoping to be able to spend more time on it this upcoming week.

Monster Hunter World

Slowly getting hooked on this game and the steep learning curve is slowly flattening out. Its pretty amazing to see some players still enjoying this game with near maxed level and stats. Completed the story with the help of @CuinnBear and working on end game and upgrading weapons/gear now. The gold crown grind may break me but so far Ive managed to collect some through Events and Investigations.

Stats

Starting = 81.18%     -   Starting Platinums = 69

Current Gain = 5.59%     -   Current Platinums = 111

Jan = 82.41% (+1.23%)    -   Jan Platinums = (+1)

Feb = 84.43% (+2.02%)    -   Feb Platinums = (+8)

Mar = 84.07% (-0.36%)    -   Mar Platinums = (+4)

Apr = 82.67% (-1.40%)    -   Apr Platinums = (+3)

May = 84.38% (+1.71%)    -   May Platinums = (+6)

Jun = 85.08% (+0.70%)    -   Jun Platinums = (+3)

Jul = 86.22% (+1.14%)    -   Jul Platinums = (+7)

Aug = 86.23% (+0.01%)    -   Aug Platinums = (+6)

Sep = 86.77% (+0.54%)    -   Sep Platinums = (+4)

• Like 4

Update 38  : September 25th

Starting Completion percentage: 87.02%

Week 1 Completion: 87.36% (+0.34%From Start)

Week 2 Completion: 87.79% (+0.77% From Start) (+0.42% from previous Week)

Week 3 Completion: 87.90% (+0.88% From start) (+0.11% from previous week)

Week 4 Completion: 88.08% (+1.06% From start) (+0.18% from previous week)

Week 5 Completion: 88.23% (+1.21% from start) (+0.15% from previous week)

Week 6 Completion: 88.44% (+1.42% From start) (+0.21% from previous week)

Week 7 Completion: 88.70% (+1.68% From start) (+0.25% from previous week)

Week 8 Completion: 89.24% (+2.22% From start) (+0.54% from previous week)

Week 9 Completion: 89.45% (+2.43% From start) (+0.21% from previous week)

Week 10 Completion: 89.58% (+2.56% From start) (+0.21% from previous week)

Week 11 Completion: 89.82% (+2.80% From start) (+0.24% from previous week)

Week 12 Completion: 89.79% (+2.77% From start) (-0.03% from previous week)

Week 13 Completion: 89.87% (+2.85% From start) (+0.08% from previous week)

Week 14 Completion: 89.81% (+2.79% From start) (-0.06% from previous week)

Week 15 Completion: 89.92% (+2.90% From start) (+0.11% from previous week)

Week 16 Completion: 89.90% (+2.88% From start) (-0.02% from previous week)

Week 17 Completion: 89.84% (+2.82% From start) (-0.06% from previous week)

Week 18 Completion: 89.95% (+2.93% From start) (+0.09% from previous week)

Week 19 Completion: 89.97% (+2.95% From start) (+0.02% from previous week)

Week 20 Completion: 90.02% (+3.00% From start) (+0.05% from previous week)

Week 21 Completion: 90.08% (+3.06% From start) (+0.06% from previous week)

Week 22 Completion: 90.11% (+3.09% From start) (+0.03% from previous week)

Week 23 Completion: 89.77% (+2.75% From start) (-0.34% from previous week)

Week 24 Completion: 90.07% (+3.05% From start) (+0.30% from previous week)

Week 25 Completion: 90.15% (+3.13% From start) (+0.08% from previous week)

Week 26 Completion: 90.07% (+3.05% From start) (-0.08% from previous week)

Week 27 Completion: 90.12% (+3.10% From start) (+0.05% from previous week)

Week 28 Completion: 90.27% (+3.25% From start) (+0.15% from previous week)

Week 29 Completion: 90.35% (+3.33% From start) (+0.08% from previous week)

Week 30 Completion: 90.50% (+3.48% From start) (+0.15% from previous week)

Week 31 Completion: 90.57% (+3.55% From start) (+0.07% from previous week)

Week 32 Completion: 90.74% (+3.72% From start) (+0.17% from previous week)

Week 33 Completion: 91.38% (+4.36% From start) (+0.64% from previous week)

Week 34 Completion: 91.65% (+4.63% From start) (+0.27% from previous week)

Week 35 Completion: 92.09% (+5.07% From start) (+0.44% from previous week)

Week 36 Completion: 92.47% (+5.47% From start) (+0.38% from previous week)

Week 37 Completion: 92.62% (+5.60% From start) (+0.15% from previous week)

Current Completion percentage: 92.56% (+5.54% From the Start) (0.06% Decrease from last week)

A slight drop this week. Managed to finish off theremaining Dishonored story DLC, and started and finished my initial run of Dishonored 2 (got the more tedious stuff out of the way first, Stelath/ No kills etc. Should be able to run through the remaining 2 playthroughs fairly quickly).

Also, Outer Wilds gained some DLC trophies, which I'll likely do at some point.

• Like 4

On 9/25/2021 at 9:07 PM, Shadowlord87 said:

A slight drop this week. Managed to finish off theremaining Dishonored story DLC, and started and finished my initial run of Dishonored 2 (got the more tedious stuff out of the way first, Stelath/ No kills etc. Should be able to run through the remaining 2 playthroughs fairly quickly).

Love Dishonored series and yet I still need to platinum both games. That atmosphere of the game is super great. Enjoy the journey!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squirlruler said:

How is everyone else doing?

only a small increase myself. Only started one new game and was able to get back out of the red before the end of the month. On a good note I have almost all the playthroughs completed for Halloween Forever. I did 3 over the last 4 days. Now only the pumpkin man is left. Oh and one hp mode, which means take one hit and you die. The new game is Life is Strange TC. Good game but been distracted by sports and Halloween shows to make any progress on it. That is what makes the Vita so great right now. 

• Like 1

I'm hoping that I can make concerted improvement in my percentage before the end of the year. I already missed the boat on a lot of games multiplayer aspects that will always keep me from coming back to certain games but hopefully I can make it 3% increase by the end of the year.

Any recomendations for games they enjoy that I haven't finished yet, let me know :)

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I'm hoping that I can make concerted improvement in my percentage before the end of the year. I already missed the boat on a lot of games multiplayer aspects that will always keep me from coming back to certain games but hopefully I can make it 3% increase by the end of the year.

Any recomendations for games they enjoy that I haven't finished yet, let me know :)

Had a quick look on your profile and seen you hadn't finished Gravel yet, that's the first thing I took notice of because I'm big into racing games but it's not a difficult or time consuming one, there is a couple trophies for online but they're really straightforward so if you do decide to pick it up let me know and I don't mind reinstalling to boost with you :P

1 hour ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Any recomendations for games they enjoy that I haven't finished yet, let me know

I really enjoyed The Witch and the Hundred Knight.  PS3 version isn't hard to finish at all, just be sure to save often since it does have some issues with crashing.  I personally only had them happen when staying in a dungeon too long.  It's a straightforward plat with no missables and a pretty fun little action RPG.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is an easy game and I hear lots of good about it.  You should be able to knock that one out in a few hours.  Also saw you had Word Search by POWGI still unfinished.  I know that's the longest of the POWGI games, but it's pretty easy.  You should be able to get that done without an issue if you chip away at it and do a few puzzles each day.  Just seems weird to leave that one unfinished.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I quite liked Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, felt a bit like old school assassin's creed at times.

12 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

@LukaLaurent
Original Starting PCG: 78.5%                    September Earned Trophies: 129
Goal PCG: 85%                    September Earned Platinums: 2
September Starting PCG: 81.04%                    September Games Started: 1
Current PCG: 81.56%                    September Games Completed: 1
Month Increase: 0.52%
Total Increase: 3.06%

How is everyone else doing?

Thanks as always @Squirlruler!

I'm still making slow progress. I'm happy with my 3% but I still have 3.5% to go for my goal, lol.

I didn't really stick to my plans in September, but those plans have moved to October! I really felt a need for Hitman, so I started and finished Hitman 3. In all honesty... a let down compared to the previous games. I followed that with Aragami, as I got it cheap as off PSN (I'd previously owned physical and had played a few levels), so I picked that back up and am currently working through the DLC for it.

Once I'm done it's back to September's plan of Mass Effect 3 and Metal Gear Solid 4 though, lol.

• Like 2

Thanks @Squirlruler 

13 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

@Spinacheq
Original Starting PCG: 73.33%                    September Earned Trophies: 9
Goal PCG: 80%                    September Earned Platinums: 0
September Starting PCG: 82.05%                    September Games Started: 0
Current PCG: 82.14%                    September Games Completed: 0
Month Increase: 0.09%
Total Increase: 8.81%

Didn't do much this last month, all 9 trophies were grabbed in the last 2 or 3 days of the month.  I guess moving will do that to you.

Good work everyone.

• Like 3

Update 39  : October 2nd

Starting Completion percentage: 87.02%

Week 1 Completion: 87.36% (+0.34%From Start)

Week 2 Completion: 87.79% (+0.77% From Start) (+0.42% from previous Week)

Week 3 Completion: 87.90% (+0.88% From start) (+0.11% from previous week)

Week 4 Completion: 88.08% (+1.06% From start) (+0.18% from previous week)

Week 5 Completion: 88.23% (+1.21% from start) (+0.15% from previous week)

Week 6 Completion: 88.44% (+1.42% From start) (+0.21% from previous week)

Week 7 Completion: 88.70% (+1.68% From start) (+0.25% from previous week)

Week 8 Completion: 89.24% (+2.22% From start) (+0.54% from previous week)

Week 9 Completion: 89.45% (+2.43% From start) (+0.21% from previous week)

Week 10 Completion: 89.58% (+2.56% From start) (+0.21% from previous week)

Week 11 Completion: 89.82% (+2.80% From start) (+0.24% from previous week)

Week 12 Completion: 89.79% (+2.77% From start) (-0.03% from previous week)

Week 13 Completion: 89.87% (+2.85% From start) (+0.08% from previous week)

Week 14 Completion: 89.81% (+2.79% From start) (-0.06% from previous week)

Week 15 Completion: 89.92% (+2.90% From start) (+0.11% from previous week)

Week 16 Completion: 89.90% (+2.88% From start) (-0.02% from previous week)

Week 17 Completion: 89.84% (+2.82% From start) (-0.06% from previous week)

Week 18 Completion: 89.95% (+2.93% From start) (+0.09% from previous week)

Week 19 Completion: 89.97% (+2.95% From start) (+0.02% from previous week)

Week 20 Completion: 90.02% (+3.00% From start) (+0.05% from previous week)

Week 21 Completion: 90.08% (+3.06% From start) (+0.06% from previous week)

Week 22 Completion: 90.11% (+3.09% From start) (+0.03% from previous week)

Week 23 Completion: 89.77% (+2.75% From start) (-0.34% from previous week)

Week 24 Completion: 90.07% (+3.05% From start) (+0.30% from previous week)

Week 25 Completion: 90.15% (+3.13% From start) (+0.08% from previous week)

Week 26 Completion: 90.07% (+3.05% From start) (-0.08% from previous week)

Week 27 Completion: 90.12% (+3.10% From start) (+0.05% from previous week)

Week 28 Completion: 90.27% (+3.25% From start) (+0.15% from previous week)

Week 29 Completion: 90.35% (+3.33% From start) (+0.08% from previous week)

Week 30 Completion: 90.50% (+3.48% From start) (+0.15% from previous week)

Week 31 Completion: 90.57% (+3.55% From start) (+0.07% from previous week)

Week 32 Completion: 90.74% (+3.72% From start) (+0.17% from previous week)

Week 33 Completion: 91.38% (+4.36% From start) (+0.64% from previous week)

Week 34 Completion: 91.65% (+4.63% From start) (+0.27% from previous week)

Week 35 Completion: 92.09% (+5.07% From start) (+0.44% from previous week)

Week 36 Completion: 92.47% (+5.47% From start) (+0.38% from previous week)

Week 37 Completion: 92.62% (+5.60% From start) (+0.15% from previous week)

Week 38 Completion: 92.56% (+5.54% From start) (-0.06% from previous week)

Current Completion percentage: 92.40% (+5.38% From the Start) (0.16% Decrease from last week)

Another small drop this week. Finished Dishonored 2, Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, and Ghostrunner.

Also started Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019), this is something a bit differant for me, I've never actually palyed any others in the series, as I have zero interestin the multiplayer aspects of them. I hear this one has a good single player campaign, so thought I'd give it a go :) 

Edited by Shadowlord87
  • Like 3