Attack on Completion 2021 ( Year 4)

10 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

So for tips I would say only focus on 1 map, so you learn were the next target tends to spawn from.  I found Saint Pierre the best one as is it pretty open and easy to move around in.  I set my abilities up like this:

Ability 1 - Disguise 

Ability 2 - Smoke bomb (this works great when you have multiple targets and aren't sure which one is the right one.) 

Ranged - knives 

Perk 1 - Blender (helps with multiple targets as one will always try to attack you.)

perk 2 - Resistance (this helps if you get stunned by choosing wrong on a target, to recover faster)

Kill streak - +250

So I focused as much as possible in the beginning of the match to get as many of the bonuses per kill.  I.e. at the top left it might say silent kill or acrobatic kill.  Until you get to the high teens these should be cake, and if you do as many as possible then you can rack up enough points to skip a stage or 2.  I also always focused on getting a full lock and full focus bonus.   This adds up pretty fast if you just this.  I would spend a few secs blending in or walking slowly behind them  it might seem like a time waste but the bonus points for it are better than the 5 to 10 secs you waste.   Also if a time extend kill is close by go for it.  Nothing flashy just kill and move on.  Usually this was when I would use my disguise was right after murdering the time extender.  

Basically I started small focusing on how to the initial bonus kills for each target in the beginning,  learning the lay of the land.  after about 4 or 5 quick matches you will start to get the idea of where the next target will be and how to best approach them.  If by the time you are at level 20+ and you don't have about 2 mins left on your timer it will be very hard to get to 25.  Not impossible but harder.  At least this is my opinion :) hopefully this helps.  I also tried to follow the guide for that pack on this site it helped me a lot.  

thanks! this is really helpful. Didn't thought of focusing on 1 map only...that will help! Also your set-up...

@mareepx I enjoyed Gravel and I originally just installed it to get some points in a competition. I will have to reinstall it and have a proper go.

@ladynadiad I haven't got my PS3 hooked up at the moment, but I enjoyed what I played of Witch and the Hundred Knight. Brothers I really should finish, I have no idea why I haven't sat down to just enjoy it yet. The POWGI game, I'm slowly working through and going to pop all the trophies at once. 

@Shadowlord87 Another game I have to dedicate some proper time to. Well, after AC Origins I think this could be my new Open World game.

Thanks to all the recommendations!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shadowlord87 said:

Decided to return to Playstation VR Worlds this week, 1 of 2 games I havn't gotten the platinum for since starting this little trophy hunting hobby.

After several hours, finally managed to beat all the Danger Ball challenges, just need to finish the last VR Luge challenge (complete the tour with 10 secodns left, my best so far is 5), and finish Scavenger's Odyssey (which isn't particularly hard, it just triggers some really awful motion sickness in me).

So I'm getting the family a PSVR for Christmas and wanted to ask you if you there's any games you recommend for VR. Both what have you played that's fun and how doable are the Platinum trophies? (Is VR Worlds as hard as the .3% plat rate suggests, or are VR games just completed less often on average?)

1 hour ago, Llobster12 said:

So I'm getting the family a PSVR for Christmas and wanted to ask you if you there's any games you recommend for VR. Both what have you played that's fun and how doable are the Platinum trophies? (Is VR Worlds as hard as the .3% plat rate suggests, or are VR games just completed less often on average?)

I always recommened Astro Bot Rescue Mission, and Moss. Both are fairly pleasant, and the platinum's aren't particularly difficult tbh.

Job Simulator is pretty silly, and a fairly good introduction to VR as well, really easy platinum.

VR Worlds is essentially just a tech demo, but the platinum is proving very challenging.

Gun Club VR was another I've quite liked (Shooting in VR in general, I've found to be incredibly fun). For the most part, the platinum is quite straight forward, there was one mission which was incredibly annoying however.

I've yet to play it, but I've heard good things about Blood & Truth.

• Like 1

Wow here is another later in the week than I hope to post, post.  I am getting so bad.

Update #40

So this week I kept only playing 1 game and didn't make as much progress as I was hoping too.  That could be I think half because of work, and the other half because now that my niece and nephew live a block and half away they come over all the time and all they want to play is minecraft on xbox lol.  Not a bad game but when I do get tired of it from time to time.  So this last week I only managed to get a 0.12% increase going from 82.15% to 82.27%.  I think I am going to have buckle down a bit if I want to hit my NG+ goal of 84% by the end of the year.  Since there are a few games I want to get to that new old black log...  by which are still sealed copies of games sitting on my shelf for awhile.  

Y's VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (PS4)

Still plugging away at this game on chapter 5 of 6, and I think I am almost done with the 5th chapter, maybe later today when I sit back down to play some more.  So far the story has been good, the fishing mini game is a bit weird and I have been trying to avoid any walkthroughs so I am hoping all things are going well.

week40.png 

Spoiler

Completed-List.png

*Putting the completed list in a spoiler tag well I hope I am doing this right, if not well I am a newb at spoiler tags lol.

Current Week:

Continue working on Ys VIII, As I haven't completed a game in over 2 months now I am feeling like I never will.  I do have most of my systems set up in my office game room now so I might also try to finish off AC3 DLC or Fallout 3 DLC on PS3.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spinacheq said:

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (PS4)

Still plugging away at this game on chapter 5 of 6, and I think I am almost done with the 5th chapter, maybe later today when I sit back down to play some more.  So far the story has been good, the fishing mini game is a bit weird and I have been trying to avoid any walkthroughs so I am hoping all things are going well.

You're getting close to the end of chapter 5.  It's a longer chapter but beating the Oceanus is pretty close to the end of the chapter and the next chapter is the last one where you'll be wrapping up the trophies to collect all the stuff.  Ys games don't absolutely require a guide and the game will give you a very clear warning when you're about to hit the point of no return as well so you can know to save and go back to wrap stuff up.

• Like 2

Update #41

Yeah closer to the start of the week this time. So not much progress again this week.  Getting closer to finishing Ys VIII.  This week I managed to put up a 0.17% going from 82.27% to 82.44%.  I wish it was more, though I am happy that it is some progress.  (Next week will be better, since by the time I writing this, I beat the first play through of the game. ;)  shh don't tell anyone.)

week41.png

Spoiler

Completed-List.png

Short update this week.  As I don't want to give a review until I finish the game. :) 

Current Week:

Continuing my Y's VIII playthroughs, and maybe some dlc clean up on ps3.

Happy gaming all.

• Like 3

On 10/20/2021 at 5:43 PM, Spacey Dweeb said:

I didn't start anything! I just said I'd half-ass some badges for it. 1f602.png

And since you are making the badges @Spacey Dweeb  I have to join to add to my spacey dweeb badge collection, they are like pokemon gotta earn them all. ?

On 10/20/2021 at 5:47 PM, gruffiiti said:

I'll be lucky to even crack top 10 the way some people are knocking out dlc already. :lol:

Yeah I feel you there, I was looking at all the dlc i could possibly complete for the event in the time frame and I don't even know if I can qualify for the 2nd badge.  ?  I might have to bribe the badge maker to slip me one on the side when no one is looking.

On 10/13/2021 at 0:35 AM, Spinacheq said:

So for tips I would say only focus on 1 map, so you learn were the next target tends to spawn from.  I found Saint Pierre the best one as is it pretty open and easy to move around in.  I set my abilities up like this:

Ability 1 - Disguise 

Ability 2 - Smoke bomb (this works great when you have multiple targets and aren't sure which one is the right one.) 

Ranged - knives 

Perk 1 - Blender (helps with multiple targets as one will always try to attack you.)

perk 2 - Resistance (this helps if you get stunned by choosing wrong on a target, to recover faster)

Kill streak - +250

So I focused as much as possible in the beginning of the match to get as many of the bonuses per kill.  I.e. at the top left it might say silent kill or acrobatic kill.  Until you get to the high teens these should be cake, and if you do as many as possible then you can rack up enough points to skip a stage or 2.  I also always focused on getting a full lock and full focus bonus.   This adds up pretty fast if you just this.  I would spend a few secs blending in or walking slowly behind them  it might seem like a time waste but the bonus points for it are better than the 5 to 10 secs you waste.   Also if a time extend kill is close by go for it.  Nothing flashy just kill and move on.  Usually this was when I would use my disguise was right after murdering the time extender.  

Basically I started small focusing on how to the initial bonus kills for each target in the beginning,  learning the lay of the land.  after about 4 or 5 quick matches you will start to get the idea of where the next target will be and how to best approach them.  If by the time you are at level 20+ and you don't have about 2 mins left on your timer it will be very hard to get to 25.  Not impossible but harder.  At least this is my opinion :) hopefully this helps.  I also tried to follow the guide for that pack on this site it helped me a lot.  

I followed your advise and I got on my third try on the St Pierre map! Many thanks!

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 11:00 AM, Shadowlord87 said:

I always recommened Astro Bot Rescue Mission, and Moss. Both are fairly pleasant, and the platinum's aren't particularly difficult tbh.

Job Simulator is pretty silly, and a fairly good introduction to VR as well, really easy platinum.

VR Worlds is essentially just a tech demo, but the platinum is proving very challenging.

Gun Club VR was another I've quite liked (Shooting in VR in general, I've found to be incredibly fun). For the most part, the platinum is quite straight forward, there was one mission which was incredibly annoying however.

I've yet to play it, but I've heard good things about Blood & Truth.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll be checking all of those out!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

I followed your advise and I got on my third try on the St Pierre map! Many thanks!

Awesome I am glad my advice was of help.  :) looks like you have beat me 100% completion on AC3 DLCs, I guess I better stop putting off the last episode and just play it. lol

3 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

Awesome I am glad my advice was of help.  :) looks like you have beat me 100% completion on AC3 DLCs, I guess I better stop putting off the last episode and just play it. lol

yes just finish it! it is actually not bad at all and it will remove another game of the back log list for you.....