Attack on Completion 2021 ( Year 4)

Monday update!

0.09% to go to my year target...almost there! I had a really good week with a lot of progress!

Dead Nation + DLC (1/1) - PSVita

Done! Got the last DLC trophy and just before I got to round 10 I got the 53K zombies killing trophy too. It all came nicely together.

Death Mark (PSVita)

This is my second game I started this year ? .... wanted to play something with the spooky theme this week. Interesting game with some scary moments.

Metro Last Light + DLC (4/5) - PS3

What can I say? This game is getting on my nerve. I did a 'no kill' run for the Shadow ranger trophy and it didn't pop. I am sure I didn't kill anybody but it might be that that the trophy is voided because I had to start over a chapter. Not sure if it kind of overwrites what you are doing. I need to give it another go but for now I just want to play some other games. Will come back on this.

Dead Nation + DLC (0/1) - PS3

I almost can hear you think...'Dead Nation...didn't he just finished it'. Yup but I started the PS3 version years ago too. Got a partner this weekend to do the coop trophies so now working on this title on the PS3. Must say, game looks easier on a big screen with a proper controller...

Current Status:

Screenshot-2021-11-01-105606.jpg

Plans for next week:

- make progress on Dead Nation (PS3)

- probably start a new game => thinking of A Plaques Tale.

- decide what to play next on the PSVita

- work on some DLC's (Borderlands 3/ Rocket league)

Happy trophy hunting!

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I made the 5% goal with two months to spare. I know my overall goal was 80% but I can possibly get to 70% with the time remaining until the end of year. That seems a good intermediate goal. 

Wanna work on mine now? lol 

Had a good month - highest I have improved all year but I am aiming for 88% and sitting on 82.5% - probably wont get there for a second year in a row....

Finished Maneater, Asto's and knocked a big chunk of of LEGO Ninjago. 

Will aim for Metro, Everybody's gone to the Rapture and AC Black flag and the DLC for Ghost's and Valhalla and see how I go. That's a big month for someone who is pretty time poor and starting a new job in 6 days lol. See how I go. 

3% increase per month seems unachievable. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

@LukaLaurent
Original Starting PCG: 78.5%                    October Earned Trophies: 102
Goal PCG: 85%                    October Earned Platinums: 2
October Starting PCG: 81.56%                    October Games Started: 2
Current PCG: 81.89%                    October Games Completed: 4
Month Increase: 0.33%
Total Increase: 3.39%

Well, I'm doing ok. In October:

• finished Aragami 100%
  • completed Mass Effect 3, and rounded out the Legendary Edition trophy list.
  • started Plague Tale on a whim, loved it and got the platinum
  • finally got back to Metal Gear Solid 4 (which I think I've spoken about for many months now) and have been knocking out trophies - sadly I will not complete the platinum for this based on how much time it'll take me, despite having a few ultra rare trophies in there. I'll knock out as much as I am willing to do though.

I've been planning out how the remainder of my year is going to go. The games I want to commit myself to will be Guacamelee, Death Stranding and Guardians of the Galaxy. 2/3 are already on my list so it'll be some nice backlog clearing!

I won't reach my goal though sadly, I didn't expect 6.5% to be such a trial, but with over 250 games in my list, even returning to games only provides minimal increase in my trophy percentage. I'm pretty happy though, 80% has always been the goal post completion I tried to hang around, and I'll be over 82% come the end of the year. I likely won't go again next year with this challenge, despite how much I've actually enjoyed it. I want to get back into playing a few games that I don't actively trophy hunt (Yakuza, etc). Maybe 2023 and I can complete again as a recovery from 2022, lol.

Thanks as always @Squirlruler, these updates are amazing.

• Like 4

On 11/1/2021 at 7:12 AM, Squirlruler said:

@Spinacheq
Original Starting PCG: 73.33%                    October Earned Trophies: 42
Goal PCG: 80%                    October Earned Platinums: 1
October Starting PCG: 82.14%                    October Games Started: 0
Current PCG: 82.75%                    October Games Completed: 1
Month Increase: 0.61%
Total Increase: 9.42%

Thanks @Squirlruler this is always great to see.  My weekly update to come later tonight.  :) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shadowlord87 said:

Next on my list, I'm looking at doing another Point N' Click, most likely The Raven Remastered.

I played this a number of years ago on steam and really enjoyed it. As far as I remember, there weren't any crazy out of left field puzzle solutions (let's be honest, there probably is, but at least nothing memorable enough that's stuck with me) and the story was pretty good and engaging. Hope you like it!

• Like 1

Week 43 and 44 update....

Ok I got bad last week and didn't post my update and my only reasoning is I just didn't feel up to it, nor gaming really the last 2 weeks.  For 2 weeks ago I got the Plat for Ys VIII done, and pushed up a whole 0.02% from 82.73 to 82.75%.  But I only had 1 trophy before the platinum left in that game.  As for last week, well I started and finished Afterparty on PS4.  Not a terrible long game but like I said I wasn't really feeling it this last 2 weeks.  Not sure why, maybe end of the year holiday season OMFG another year is almost over blues?  Afterparty gave me a 0.12% increase and put me up to 82.87%.

Afterparty PS4:

Story wise this was a good game, I enjoyed my first play through for the music, the voice acting, the humor slipped in throughout and the story.  The controls and handling made me want to delete it from my ps4 the second I got the Plat.  For a walking visual novel game, I honestly don't know how they can mess up the pathing where you can get stuck on things so often.  I also ran into a few bugs, one during the dance competition part that made it so I couldn't progress and had to delete my save.  Luckily I only lost an hour to that bug since that to auto upload from the night before.  It also would have been nice if I could have skipped some of the parts on the second playthrough that were annoying dialogue on your 3 or 4th time seeing it. since the the game would auto save before it that part and you had to go to bed for work the next morning or, delete your save sue to a bug that wouldn't let you start the dance competition.... breath in slowly out slowly.... and we are letting those parts go.  I will give the devs a bit of a break on the bugs they aren't a triple A studio so for an indie one I can be more forgiving.

https://i.postimg.cc/jCVLNKNQ/week44.png

Spoiler

Completed-List.png

not sure what I will play this week, so far nothing hehe, but we will see I want to hit my NG+ goal by the end of the event.

• Like 3