Previous Week 42.70%
Current PCG    42.92%
Goal = 50%

Games -
Assassin's Creed II 34% 57%
Rayman Legends 68% 70%

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth 1% 3%
Salt and Sanctuary (Vita) 28% :platinum: 11/9/2021

Almost forgot to update. Made a little progress in 2 fall challenge games, and finished up the Salt and Sanctuary platinum on Vita. I started playing Isaac on Vita again, too. I was hoping to get the platinum on Vita and then transfer my save to PS4 to do all the DLC, but the sync hasn't worked the few times I've tried it so far.

Week 47 plans

-plat AC2

-1 other plat

-work on a low % game

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

Weekly update

Alright! It's Tuesday again. Time for an update. I felt the momentum growing last week and turns put I just needed to get that Demon's Souls platinum as soon as possible. 

Demon's Souls

So I've gotten a few false starts on this game. Where I play a few levels, put it down thinking I'll be back soon; but actually come back months later and decide I should just restart. This would have been the fourth time, I think. I wanted it to happen this time. I really do enjoy this style of game. Some of my previous false starts were from trying to do it co-op with @gruffiiti A good all around dude and great partner for reliable trophy help. Anyway, we've had some trouble syncing in the past couple months, so I was just like, I'm going to move ahead play the game and when he's ready for co-op I'll join him and all is well. So I playthrough the game. I had good things about the Lava Bow so I decided to craft it. realized later that was a mistake because you need that boss' soul a few times. So at the end of my playthrough. I was slightly annoyed with myself for not doing proper research on what I needed to keep around. So I made a new character that was dex-based which is my typical build for these games. Grabbed the uchigatana, had the Gruff help me transfer some crafting materials to boost my weapon up and played the whole game through on Saturday and again on Sunday. Its much different when you are just going for the boss kills. Very nice experience. So between the three full-playthroughs I did for my own trophy, the various false starts, co-oping and helping out the Gruff, I think I will  have put well more than double the average number of hours into this platinum. Solid game though. I do recommend. 

Skyrim

So after plowing through Demon's Souls, the question of "What's next?" came up the following night. I didn't have an answer, but @Bushido_Cypher just posted a platinum walkthrough of Skyrim. This was on my profile with like one trophy since April. Anyway, his video guide is just the style of trophy guide I like. I don't want a watch a platinum walkthrough that's 120 hours of someone else playing the game first. This guy's video is like, two hours long but probably covers 100 hours of game time. He just points you in the right direction and tells you what to look out for so you don't miss a trophy. He even says stuff like, "You're going to end up here. Just do the main quest. You don't need me to teach you to follow a waypoint." I love it. You'll watch five minutes of video and then have a solid couple of hours of uninterrupted Skyrim to enjoy to catch up with the video. I've come across Bushido_cypher a few times. I don't have any specific memories, but I did have a positive association to his name and it's connected to PSNP or trophy hunting in some way. I thought he might be one of the Platchum guys on Youtube, but I went and disproved that myself before posting. Anyway, Looking forward to following the full guide and associating him with a great Skyrim guide.  Guide is here, if you are interested. 

That is why I like these events so much, hearing other gamers experience! I want to start Demons Souls end of the year so looking forward to that. Lava bow is a no go...! Thanks for the tip

@Skyrim: where is this walkthrough located? Couldn't find it on the site (must be me ?)

2 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

That is why I like these events so much, hearing other gamers experience! I want to start Demons Souls end of the year so looking forward to that. Lava bow is a no go...! Thanks for the tip

@Skyrim: where is this walkthrough located? Couldn't find it on the site (must be me 1f602.png)

The lava bow was a good weapon, but using that boss soul for a weapon caused me to need an extra playthrough. So it doesn't seem worth it. @gruffiiti just did the standard upgrades to a bow and his did noticeably more damage. The nice part about the lava bow was that when I shot enemies they'd get stunned for a second because of the fire damage on the bow. I could stun-lock most enemies with it. 

Walkthrough is here: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

@Spacey Dweeb

Wasn't @Bushido_Cypher part of the duo that made the PlatCast podcasts? Maybe thats where his name is familiar from..

Close. One of the PlatCast guys, Zach, is named Bushido7745785. I know bushido_cypher from something else. I recognize his logo etc. I might have done an older guide of his or just seen him around on PSNP. 

22 hours ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

The lava bow was a good weapon, but using that boss soul for a weapon caused me to need an extra playthrough. So it doesn't seem worth it. @gruffiiti just did the standard upgrades to a bow and his did noticeably more damage. The nice part about the lava bow was that when I shot enemies they'd get stunned for a second because of the fire damage on the bow. I could stun-lock most enemies with it. 

Walkthrough is here: 

thanks @Spacey Dweeb

On 22/11/2021 at 4:03 PM, Pauloxzak said:

Update #26:

Starting completion rate (from the beginning of the year) : 49%

Current completion rate : 54.97% (+0.87 from last update ~ +5.97% from start)

Target rate: 60%

This past week:

Genshin Impact - PS5 / PS4 - 33% ATM (+13%) Done with the Liyue Storyline and going for Inazuma

Natural Doctrine - PS4 - 56% ATM (+6%) Finally got back to this one, it is indeed and quite unbalanced game in terms of difficulty, I learned some new tricks that are helping, but still hard to progress, currently I'm somewhat at halfway the story

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition - PS4 - 14% ATM (+14%) Started this one with my wife and her brothers right after we completed Guacamelee, to bad there's no 4P coop

Persona 4 Arena - PS3 - 27% ATM (+5%) Finally finished multiplayer trophies, not sure if I'll be able to plat this but I'll try to get as many trophies as possible at least

No progres this past week:

Final Fantasy XIV - PS5 - 75% ATM

Far Cry 2 - PS3 - 18% ATM

Concrete Genie - PS4 - 95% ATM - Need a PSVR to complete this

Muramasa Rebirth - VITA - 21% ATM

Limbo - VITA - 4% ATM

Completed this past week:

Abzû - PS4

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered - PS4

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition - PS4

Completed games during the event:

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Final Fantasy VII Remake - PS4
  2. Paint Park Plus - VITA
  3. Wake-up Club - VITA
  4. MediEvil - PS4
  5. God of War - PS4
  6. Until Dawn - PS4
  7. Sumioni: Demon Arts - VITA
  8. Flower - PS4
  9. Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - VITA
  10. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4
  11. Flower - VITA
  12. Mirror's Edge Catalyst - PS4
  13. Astro's Playroom - PS5
  14. inFamous: Festival of Blood - PS3
  15. Maquette - PS5
  16. Rock of Ages - PS3
  17. Treasures of Montezuma Blitz - VITA
  18. Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigations - PS4
  19. Contrast - PS4
  20. God of War: Ascension - PS3
  21. DJMAX Technika Tune - VITA
  22. Chronovolt - VITA
  23. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - PS3
  24. Flow - PS3
  25. Desert Ashes - VITA
  26. Final Fantasy VII Remake - PS5
  27. Shatter - PS3
  28. Resogun - PS4
  29. WWE 2K Battlegrounds - PS4

Update #27:

Starting completion rate (from the beginning of the year) : 49%

Current completion rate : 54.71% (-0.26 from last update ~ +5.71% from start)

Target rate: 60%

This week I basically focused on Natural Doctrine, I want to get it done asap so I can bring back what is waiting on the PS3, my plan is to shrink my ongoing list, ended up starting a new game with wife and her brothers instead of continuing dead nation, I'll probably single player it first to get good gears and come back to it after Guacamelee 2

This past week:

Natural Doctrine - PS4 - 65% ATM (+9%) This one started to move faster, this week I advanced a lot of stages until I got to the undead king, which has a missable trophy if you are able to beat him, he's quite a challenge with 9999 HP and a almost perfect defense, I took some time then to get some XP from optional dungeons and got way better at the game while doing it and was finally able to beat it, now I'll move forward with the storyline

Guacamelee! 2 - PS4 - 9% ATM (+9%) We started Dead Nation last time but decided to start Guacamelee 2 since it's 4 players, it's going quite well since we recently beat Guacamelee 1

No progres this past week:

Final Fantasy XIV - PS5 - 75% ATM

Persona 4 Arena - PS3 - 27% ATM

Genshin Impact - PS5 / PS4 - 33% ATM

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition - PS4 - 14% ATM

Far Cry 2 - PS3 - 18% ATM

Concrete Genie - PS4 - 95% ATM - Need a PSVR to complete this

Muramasa Rebirth - VITA - 21% ATM

Limbo - VITA - 4% ATM

Completed this past week:

-

Completed games during the event: