Attack on Completion 2021 ( Year 4)

47 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

So on the subject of next year. Are there any improvements that anyone wants to see for the next Attack on Completion?

I can't think of anything. Think it is pretty solid now.

This also goes for the stats I generate. If you guys want to see more/different/more frequent, let me know.

• Like 1

I'd actually suggest to have the minimum goal be based on the number of games played as of when they sign up.  For someone who has over 500 games played, even 1% can be quite challenging but for someone who has less than 50 games played, 5% is pretty easy and only would require finishing a few games.  Maybe something like starting at 100 games played they can take 1% off the minimum for every 100 games above that with 1% being the bare minimum no matter how many games they've played.

That and you definitely want to have something specified for people who are at 95% and above or are pretty much at a point where the minimum for them would be greater than what they need to get to 100%.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I'd actually suggest to have the minimum goal be based on the number of games played as of when they sign up.  For someone who has over 500 games played, even 1% can be quite challenging but for someone who has less than 50 games played, 5% is pretty easy and only would require finishing a few games.  Maybe something like starting at 100 games played they can take 1% off the minimum for every 100 games above that with 1% being the bare minimum no matter how many games they've played.

That and you definitely want to have something specified for people who are at 95% and above or are pretty much at a point where the minimum for them would be greater than what they need to get to 100%.

Id even go so far as to say let those who join this excellent event define their own goal for the year. Many of us that could, already set higher than 5% goals anyways. And those that couldn't do 5%, still set reasonably lofty goals as well from what I can see.

The best part of this event IMO is being able to share and follow along with everyone's progress. It helps keep me motivated. :)

• Like 4

11 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Though one other idea I had was that there could be some for fun challenges done each month.  Like one or two goals could be picked and everyone who meets it gets a point and then there could be a leaderboard for the points.  Challenges could be things like don't start a new game for a month, complete 5 games, earn 100 trophies, earn at least 1 trophy in a game that hasn't been played in over a year, earn at least 5 trophies from PS3 games, etc.  Even a bit of friendly competition can be a great motivation and encourage people to be active about posting progress at least monthly.

I actually love that idea too! Keeps this 'completion community' better together.

• Like 2

I like the monthly challenges idea. I have a few thoughts on where to go with it. I think with the challenge you can complete it more than once. Say for January, my first challenge may be to complete the most common plat on your played backlog. Not all challenges will be that simple but I think it is a good one to get people motivated. For me that most common game is The little acre. Point for completing that, then move on to the next most common, In rays of the light.If I were doing this I think I would get three points in the month, the fourth game down os a VN and I dont speed skip those. 

• Like 1

I like all the ideas, though if nothing changed I wouldn't be sad either. I had a great time and like @gruffiiti I enjoyed reading about others adventures in gaming.  My only suggestion would be maybe adding a badge for participants.  Maybe color swap for those who hit their goal.  I would even be willing to beg @Spacey Dweeb to make one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I like the monthly challenges idea. I have a few thoughts on where to go with it. I think with the challenge you can complete it more than once. Say for January, my first challenge may be to complete the most common plat on your played backlog. Not all challenges will be that simple but I think it is a good one to get people motivated. For me that most common game is The little acre. Point for completing that, then move on to the next most common, In rays of the light.If I were doing this I think I would get three points in the month, the fourth game down os a VN and I dont speed skip those. 

Note to self: if I decide to do this next year, start something with a more common plat than God of War and save it for later.

Another idea could be to go screencap the first page of your trophy advisor and then earn the first 5 or 10 trophies in it.  Or go earn 5 trophies in the first game listed.  For most that would be pretty easy to knock out.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Note to self: if I decide to do this next year, start something with a more common plat than God of War and save it for later.

Another idea could be to go screencap the first page of your trophy advisor and then earn the first 5 or 10 trophies in it.  Or go earn 5 trophies in the first game listed.  For most that would be pretty easy to knock out.

not a native English speaker here; common means in this case the more easy plats?

On you other idea; that will not always work for people as that list can contain unachievable trophies, or from legacy systems, or people don't own the game anymore. This counts more for the ones like me that have a enormous list of unfinished games ?

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr
  • Like 1

Good to see everyone’s progress through the year, I’m actually surprised, while I prob won’t make my goal (due to long MP titles), I am pretty darn close having done some xmas plat hunting on my backlog.

So far in Dec I have managed to get Masterminds Trophy in GTA V doomsday hiests which was epic. I got the plat and 100% for Uncharted 4 which and am on track to get Resident Evil HD done before the weekend finishes!!

Think I will be going back into Gran Turismo Sport and Fall Guys for the rest of the month and try to finish those off first.

started 63.16%, currently 72.28, may hit 73% by end of weekend ? 

Happy holidays everyone ? and see you for 2022 backlog challenge!

edit: I made it to 75% ?!!!

Edited by Arophous
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

not a native English speaker here; common means in this case the more easy plats?

On you other idea; that will not always work for people as that list can contain unachievable trophies, or from legacy systems, or people don't own the game anymore. This counts more for the ones like me that have a enormous list of unfinished games 1f601.png

In this case it's meaning the game with the highest plat rarity.  For some that might actually be a common rarity.  For someone like me, it's God of War which is at about 19%.  Thus my crack about starting something else more common because God of War PS3 isn't an easy plat.  Though with that idea your comment about systems and games people don't own also would apply.

As far as the other part, it could be allowed to filter by platform to filter out platforms they don't own and also to remove unobtainables and unowned games.  Unobtainables hopefully shouldn't show on the first page of the trophy advisor for many since they tend to have low rarity if they were ever obtainable.  I think overall if we run with these challenges they should be doable for everyone even if it means ruling out a game or platform.

• Like 1