The new Patch added matchmaking to Raid chapters

TalalHmd

I wasn’t expecting this! Very cool news! Maybe now I can have a small hope of completing the raid. It was a shame being locked out of that mode. I would like to have both the trophy and the experience. The rest of the Legends DLC was very good. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JaneAusten69 said:

Es genial que hayan agregado la opción. Ahora los veteranos de RAID pueden unirse y ayudar a las personas más nuevas. Completé todo el RAID dos veces y el Capítulo 1 muchas veces más. Feliz de unirme y ayudar a grupos más nuevos a través de él.

Creo que es bueno que hayan esperado esto. Hubiera sido un desastre si tuvieran emparejamiento al principio cuando no había información de la comunidad en el RAID.

Can you write a guide of a  a raids.

16 hours ago, TheTrophyBaron said:

How are people finding the raid with matchmaking added? Is it possible in a random group or requires too much coordination?

Haven't had a chance to try the matchmaking yet.  I'm guessing it's going to be luck of the draw.  If you have four randoms matchmake and none of them have done the RAID before, it's going to be tough.

However, you're going to have veterans using matchmaking just for fun most likely.  If you get synced up with one or two people that have done it before, shouldn't be too bad.

On 12/23/2020 at 1:01 PM, JaneAusten69 said:

Haven't had a chance to try the matchmaking yet.  I'm guessing it's going to be luck of the draw.  If you have four randoms matchmake and none of them have done the RAID before, it's going to be tough.

However, you're going to have veterans using matchmaking just for fun most likely.  If you get synced up with one or two people that have done it before, shouldn't be too bad.

It’s pretty much a shitshow. Chapter one is doable I managed with a random group.  But chapter two is a nightmare, it requires patience and communication from all people. The mechanics aren’t horribly complicated, but since there is always two or sometimes three that don’t know it’s tough. Not to mention people don’t use their mics enough. I’m happy they added matchmaking because I’m a mostly solo player but it’s frustrating. 

Edited by Amphiprion11513
Correction

I’ve been having the same experience as @Amphiprion11513.

Chapter 1 is more based on combat, so it was pretty easy to do with randoms.

Chapter 2, with all those platforms and puzzles, has been a nightmare. I have played those early sections so many times, that by now, I have almost memorized the color of the platforms. The farthest I’ve gotten so far is to the blood pool. When we reach the pool, either people don’t know what to do or we just aren’t fast enough killing the enemies to fill up all the runes and time runs out, making people start leaving after a few tries.

I haven’t given up yet, though. I have been trying to face things with a sense of humor and I am actually happy to spend time with this game.

But, yeah, in my current situation, even completing the blood pool would be a victory. ?

• Like 1

On 12/18/2020 at 11:27 AM, JaneAusten69 said:

That's cool that they added the option.  Now veterans of the RAID can join and help out newer people.  I've completed the entire RAID twice and Chapter 1 many times more.  Happy to join and help newer groups through it.

I think it's good they waited on this.  Would have been a mess if they had matchmaking in the beginning when there was no community info on the RAID.

It’s... it’s just “raid”...

• Like 3

I have completed the Raid already and tried matchmaking for chap2 because I wanted to get all chests but its been bad, real bad. People tend to be very impatient, they quit if they fail a couple times, they rage on the mics blaming each other while not trying to actually figure out how to beat each part. I was mad with Sucker Punch for not enabling matchmaking from the start but now I totally see it, have completed the Raid with randoms but randoms that actually wanted to complete it was a very different experience.

Plus when I turned on my mic to explain how to do the blood pool part people bully me because of my bad english. Im going to keep playing for fun and to help others but its been rough lol

9 hours ago, Carol said:

I’ve been having the same experience as @Amphiprion11513.

Chapter 1 is more based on combat, so it was pretty easy to do with randoms.

Chapter 2, with all those platforms and puzzles, has been a nightmare. I have played those early sections so many times, that by now, I have almost memorized the color of the platforms. The farthest I’ve gotten so far is to the blood pool. When we reach the pool, either people don’t know what to do or we just aren’t fast enough killing the enemies to fill up all the runes and time runs out, making people start leaving after a few tries.

I haven’t given up yet, though. I have been trying to face things with a sense of humor and I am actually happy to spend time with this game.

But, yeah, in my current situation, even completing the blood pool would be a victory. 1f605.png

Whew glad it wasn’t just me. I plan to do the same and keep at it!

19 hours ago, Montyzu said:

I have completed the Raid already and tried matchmaking for chap2 because I wanted to get all chests but its been bad, real bad. People tend to be very impatient, they quit if they fail a couple times, they rage on the mics blaming each other while not trying to actually figure out how to beat each part. I was mad with Sucker Punch for not enabling matchmaking from the start but now I totally see it, have completed the Raid with randoms but randoms that actually wanted to complete it was a very different experience.

Plus when I turned on my mic to explain how to do the blood pool part people bully me because of my bad english. Im going to keep playing for fun and to help others but its been rough lol

Issue with this is I believe a vast majority of people have experienced MMOs raids, be it WoW or FF14 etc. They likely view matchmaking as an LFR type system where everything is down tuned and easier. As such they’re never the bad player and it’s always someone else because “this shit is easy”. But reality is in this case they just flipped the matchmaking switch, nothing is down tuned.

Also being bullied on the internet these days is just standard procedure in my eyes. Although I don’t personally think it’s as bad as it was 8-10 years ago... or maybe I’ve become numb to it.

4 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

Issue with this is I believe a vast majority of people have experienced MMOs raids, be it WoW or FF14 etc. They likely view matchmaking as an LFR type system where everything is down tuned and easier. As such they’re never the bad player and it’s always someone else because “this shit is easy”. But reality is in this case they just flipped the matchmaking switch, nothing is down tuned.

Also being bullied on the internet these days is just standard procedure in my eyes. Although I don’t personally think it’s as bad as it was 8-10 years ago... or maybe I’ve become numb to it.

Sometimes, I feel I am too polite for the times we live in. I will never understand how insulting or bullying someone can be seen as “standard procedure”, but, unfortunately, you’re right: that’s how things work nowadays. For the slightest thing, people resort to name-calling. What happened, for example, with the case of TLOU 2, was shocking! People sending death threats to Laura Bailey, to her family, even to her baby child! These types of things can damage the other person forever, but people don’t care, because they are behind a screen and don’t have to deal with the consequences.

I will always like to play with other people and I am glad that, in general, I feel well here on PSNP, but you really have to be careful about what you do or say on the Internet, because good faith and understanding is impossible to find online. No wonder anxiety is such a common problem these days; dealing with people is just awful.

Anyway, going back to topic: I had the chance to play a little bit of the final part of chapter 2 yesterday with some friends, that were needing a fourth player.

What I played was: we had to go get a crystal, with enemies attacking us all the time and then time runs out and we get a game over screen.

My friends ended up quitting, because they were already playing chapter 2 for almost 5 hours.

I think this raid is not just about communication or coordination or knowing what to do: it’s also about being a skilled GoT player and since I struggle a lot against the toughest enemies in this game, I think my chances of ever getting this done are about 20%. But no problem! I will continue playing even if just for entertainment. I spent a lot of money on this game and Legends is fun, so I am happy to have something to keep me playing!

OMG! I still can’t believe it, but I actually did it! I just got the trophy! I met a fantastic team of randoms and we completed chapter two in less than two hours! They were very nice and calm players too.

I had already completed chapter three, with some people that asked me to join them, so I got the trophy right away.

Once again, persistence paid off. I am very happy to get this done; now, I only need the NG+ trophies for 100%. :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Carol said:

OMG! I still can’t believe it, but I actually did it! I just got the trophy! I met a fantastic team of randoms and we completed chapter two in less than two hours! They were very nice and calm players too.

I had already completed chapter three, with some people that asked me to join them, so I got the trophy right away.

Once again, persistence paid off. I am very happy to get this done; now, I only need the NG+ trophies for 100%. :)

Congrats!  New Game+ is super quick and easy if you just do story missions and skip cut scenes.  You can even do it on Easy difficulty if you want.

• Like 1