[Poll/Discussion] What to do with Cyberpunk 2077 now?

Merco

[Poll] What are you going to do with Cyberpunk 2077?  

436 members have voted

1. 1. What are your plans for the game?

• Go for a refund
    • Play through the issues
    • I was going to buy it, but now I won't
    • I was going to buy it, but now I can't
    • I've got it, but I won't play it for a while/wait for patches

1 minute ago, droppingtherock said:

It’s really not too bad on my PS4 Pro. I get a crash once an hour or so, but auto saves are so frequent, the crashes are more of a minor annoyance that a problem. I’ve logged 50 hours of playtime and it’s worth every penny in my opinion.

It's not just the crashes, but the abysmal frame rate as well. I guess it's a bit better on the Pro, but you'd still be lucky to hit 30fps a lot of the time. It's also a notoriously buggy game at the moment on all versions. Maybe "unplayable" is too harsh, but I don't think it's really worth playing the game right now in its current state when we know it's going to be significantly improved over the course of the next year. I'm glad you seem to be having a decent time with it, but I know there are a lot of others who aren't.

• Like 3

Well im waiting for a patch. Or many. Altho i should get a refund and buy the game 2nd hand a few months down the line, im just too lazy and i have a big backlog as it is. Whats 1 more in the queue? 

I will not buy any full price DLC tho. That is unless they give it us all for free to win the hearts and minds...of the naive and the fanboy. 

TAKE THAT CAPITALISM. YOU......YOU GOBLIN. YEAH??

Edited by punkshepherd
*A wild Rhamphorhynchus appears*

Playing on PS5, except some minor bugs, wonky AI and crashes from time to time, everything seems fine. Graphics and 60fps are doing the job and game looks much better than on base consoles. If you have PS5 than go for it. Patch 1.04 fixed a lot of problems and 1.05 is coming in a few days, so I assume it will be also much better. 

• Like 3

If this game is having as much issues as I've been seeing around, I'd definitely want a refund for it (especially if you got the last gen version). Maybe get it again after everything is fixed & it costs like $20. ?

It's a shame, because it looked like it could've been pretty good... from what I've seen though, I think they just rushed it & released it a year too early (& apparently didn't even bother testing the PS4 version). ?

Make your own decision and not listen to people on here telling you it's a MUST refund. Ps5 has crashes too, from reading maybe more..?   Nothing's perfect.   Framerate is way better on my base ps4, after the update, days ago, and a 17 gb update is dl'n rn.  and last night I had two blue screens in a long, fun as hell session.   That's what im doing.  Trust your intuition.  Do you.   I'm finding it hard to moan about this game.  It's refreshing, even with a fumbled kickoff.  

They had my interest. I did not want to buy it day 1 thanks to my already big backlog and my current lack of time to play properly, even though I trusted CDPR like no other company, but I likely would have gotten it in january or february. Original plan was to get it for PC because I suspected censorship in the PS4 version, though I could have gotten for the PS4 and later the PS5 version too if there was no idiotic censorship. Now, with this being the biggest mess since Fallout 76, and in some ways it being worse than that, any desire to pay for this game has vanished given the developers multiple fuck ups and it has fallen down my priority list. If it is a good game, maybe I get it used for a few euros in 2 or 3 years, or play it if it ever is free on psplus, but thats it.

If anyone has the game I recommend going for the refund and getting the money back. There is no guarantee this will ever turn into a good game on the old consoles, and if it does you can just rebuy it cheaper if that day ever comes, can't go higher than full pre order price, also it sends a message.

• Like 4

I'm keeping my copy but not touching until I know enough patches are out to enjoy it completely. As someone who had to start over because a game breaking bug that kept me from progressing the main story I stopped playing. I'm on a PS4 Pro and the frame rate and pop in texture is just unbearable to play for me. I love the game but I have no respect for CDProjekt Red and will never buy a game from them ever again. The stained blood on their hands will never be forgotten in videogame history. 

• Like 2

I heard it's still a great game, just the bugs can pull you out sometimes. 

Sense it's been pulled from the store, wait for the bug fixes 

I didn't know this but apparently The Witcher 3 had a ton of bugs and problems at release and we know how many awards that got after. 

But also I think a major issue for developers is the shear amount of platforms they have to release on now in this generation. 

Ps4

PS4 pro

Ps5

Xbox one

Xbox one x

Xbox series s

Xbox series x

Pc

And maybe switch 

When before it was just

Ps4

Xbox one

And pc

That's a Lot of work 

And Microsoft adding the Xbox series s just makes it worse. 

I think now that ps5 is released, developers really need to think about just doing

Ps5

Xbox series x (F*&# series S) 

Switch

And pc

I know that's controversial, but 9 platforms vs 4 is a big difference

Edit: and despite what's said, each one DOES need to be fine tuned for bugs, especially for next gen

Edited by Dav9834

1 hour ago, Dav9834 said:

I didn't know this but apparently The Witcher 3 had a ton of bugs and problems at release and we know how many awards that got after. 

But also I think a major issue for developers is the shear amount of platforms they have to release on now in this generation. 

Ps4

PS4 pro

Ps5

Xbox one

Xbox one x

Xbox series s

Xbox series x

Pc

And maybe switch 

When before it was just

Ps4

Xbox one

And pc

That's a Lot of work 

I think now that ps5 is released, developers really need to think about just doing

Ps5

Switch

And pc

Edit: and despite what's said, each one DOES need to be fine tuned for bugs, especially for next gen

I think everyone agrees its a lot of work. Its just the lies, greed and poor planning that everyone is annoyed about.

They advertised it on ps4/xs1 years ago. And because they didnt cancel these versions years ago when potentially they should/could of, they had to go through with it.

They bit off more than they could chew with how the game looks and runs. Whilst i dont mind an ambitious game, it was clearly poorly planned. 

But that leads into the lies and greed with the "release it anyway" ideal. They wanted the sales even knowing that it was broken. They lied to the consumers by not telling/showing us. Correct me if im wrong but weren't the earliest review copies pc versions and not ps4/x1. 

They have become everything they were hyped not to be. Although yes i do agree if they had just gone for next gen they would of been better off. Hindsight is easy though. Business is tough.

Edited by punkshepherd
Milkmilklemonade
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Ps4

PS4 pro

Ps5

Xbox one

Xbox one x

Xbox series s

Xbox series x

Pc

And maybe switch 

When before it was just

Ps4

Xbox one

And pc

That's a Lot of work 

Ps5

Switch

And pc

Are you sure about that?

I would think PS4/pro would be the same, similar with the respective xboxes.

And really, dont all of these have the same general coding architecture as PC now?  It's not like the ps3 cell processor.

Also, I think there's a Stadia version.

Problem is, they put more focus on PC over console. A lot more focus, and it's not the first time (Gwent is their most recent FU to consoles)

I think the poll shows a sad state of affairs when we just start to "play through" the myriad of bugs and crashes as if we're slowly being conditioned to just accept it. 

The more you allow, the more they try to get away with. This applies to shady MTX, dlc, etc as well.

I was always going to wait for the PS5 version and honestly none of my mates who play this on pro/5 have had any crashes or problems. Just a few glitches not worth writing about! Which does make me question how it’s gone this far. They had more issues with watchdogs legion and ACV

Yea ok, they shouldn’t of advertised a game on PS4 if it doesn’t perform on them all as expected. But this level of backlash seems very OTT to me. Refunds? Complete removal from store? And yet there’s countless games still on the store with more bugs/issues/problems than this 

Theyve had 8 years to develop true, but that doesn’t really mean a lot does it. Next gen arrived, COVID, technology advances... there’s loads of things going on. However, seeing a compared GTAV video to this was a bit shocking in the finer details 

it is amazing though how they have fallen from grace. I personally blame the gaming toxic community. They delayed and delayed, always with huge uproar to the point where their family was getting death threats.  No wonder they released it instead of delaying with that sort of pressure. I’d be blaming those people over the Devs 

It's sitting on my chair chilling. Once I have enough space I'll try it out. I got so many games I wanna play especially after that end of the year sale that's still going on. And the game awards sale which I got the premium edition batman:AK I haven't played for 5 years. 10$ for the game and all those side stories and extra ar challenges. I did all joker trophies back then too so most of the plat is done.

Anyways...after I bought last of us 2( I love it btw) I found that the "hype" is fucking lame as shit. Back in the 90's and early 00's no game was ever treated like lots of games are nowadays. It's got way too commercial and it has ruined the art for a lot of people that actually like to make games or play them.

Oh and when pretty much any type of media is saying their product will be the next big thing. Yeah no that's not how life works. It's the people that actually love what they do and say fuck the money. When ego is involved it ruins everything. Back is 2012 they probably meant what they said. But after witcher 3 I think it got to their head. Sigh. Now naughty dog, Santa Monica studios, ID, and a few others are the only ones that still have my trust.

I'm satisfied with how it looks and runs on my PS4 Pro, so I'll not refund it. The crashes annoy me a lot and yes, there are annoying but also sometimes funny bugs. But overall, I think the game is in a good state on PS4. I know I'm a minority in this but I must also say I NEVER expected the game to look anything like the trailers or the PC version on PS4. Knowing that RedEngine 4 is basically just RedEngine 3 with RTX tacked on, I did not expect it to look or perform better as the Witcher 3, which is already over 5 years old. And granted, there are things that probably can be fine-tuned so that it still looks and performs better (and these updates will come, I'm sure of it), but as of today, I think it's fine. Not great or super-awesome, but fine. Looks and runs better than other games that I own (mostly Bethesda games ;) )
Day 1 was a bit messy... playable, but disappointing. It looked even worse sometimes than Witcher 3. But the patch 1.04 that came out a day later was - in my opinion - already good enough when it comes to performance and graphics. Now, 1.05 is out and from what I heard, it's even better now. So yes, the launch was bad but the game is now in a much better state and it's a bit of a shame that the internet is still extremely exgaggerating the problems. Because I think, since 1.04, the game is enjoyable on both PS4 and PS4 Pro. But a lot of people still cry about the graphics and what not... different priorities when it comes to gaming, I guess. For me, it could look like GTA 3 if the gameplay and story is great, I wouldn't care. I sometimes even still play GTA 3 VC on my OG Xbox these days, so graphics aren't the most important thing.
Also, I know many people IRL that don't hang around on internet forums and what not and are simply playing the game and ejoying themselves on base PS4, not even knowing about most of the drama that's happening online. Ignorance is a bliss, I guess? ;)

I already beat the game and I will go on to get the Plat. Doing all this on PS4 Pro. I'm at over 60 hours now, it's great fun. I would feel bad getting the plat and then refunding it - if I played for so long and had fun, why would I refund? Seems like a dick move, I paid to get entertained and apparently, I got entertained, so I got my money's worth.

People that genuinely don't enjoy Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 for whatever reason should get their refunds. But people that plat the game, which takes around 50 hours or so at least I think, and then refund it, should get a week of diarrhea! ? 

When the true PS5 version comes out and the improvements are significant and if it has it's own trophy list, I may go through it again. After all, I will get the PS5 upgrade for free, so why not?
But I rarely play games more than once these days, so if it doesn't have it's own trophy list, then we'll see... I'm more curious about the coming Witcher 3 Next-Gen Upgrade and also hoping for a new trophy list there :D 
But even more so - slightly off-topic - I would like to get a PS5 version of Death Stranding :D

2 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Are you sure about that?

I would think PS4/pro would be the same, similar with the respective xboxes.

And really, dont all of these have the same general coding architecture as PC now?  It's not like the ps3 cell processor.

Also, I think there's a Stadia version.

yes, there is a Stadia version.

No, PS4 and Pro would not be the same, it is (slightly) different hardware with different features as well (resolutions, HDR) and therefore at least testing needs to be done on every version of the platform. It gets especially ridiculous on Xbox.

• Like 1