Proudest accomplishment of 2020

Ac3dUd3-

Congratulations on getting back to work and getting stabilized financially.

I found out in July that my job would be no more in September so I decided to really work on myself and things I enjoy. I'm very lucky that I can afford to be out of work for a bit. I'm eating a little healthier, drinking less (I admittedly got carried away at the beginning of all the lockdowns), and have plenty of time to spend with my dog.

My proudest accomplishment would honestly be with my PS4. After a very rough beginning to 2019 I lost my desire to trophy hunt and play games in general tbh. I tried new games occasionally but nothing stuck.

For whatever reason, I woke up this past August 5th with a reignited passion. It's nothing special, but I'm very happy with my 331 trophies/6 platinums in 137 days. That's huge for me. I'm even prouder of the fact that I've crushed my entire PS4 backlog down to just two major games. I've played so many amazing games these past few months I thought I'd never get to.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, funboy1246 said:

with everything thats going on, I'd say just getting through the year without losing my job, getting sick or losing anyone close to me from the pandemic. money was tighter than usual this year but we managed to keep the bills paid and food on the table. I know thats a lot more then some people can say so ill take that win.

I'm the same, just very happy no one in our house has got sick, and we have food electricity, internet, and running water (unless we miss a bill (knock on wood)) 

It makes you really appreciate those small things, and this is something our parents and grandparents have likely never felt fully(unless they went to war). Because they never went through a pandemic as an adult. And our children will not know either. But that's ok, because I don't want this to ever happen again 

• Like 3

Worst year in my entire 32 years of existence. I said enough about this year already. Nobody needs to hear what I think of it. 

As far as gaming accomplishments go, I’ve done a lot to reduce my backlog and get some games (DRIVECLUB) complete. Not where I want to be just yet but I made good progress this year. 

Next year will be a bit more of backlog cleanup, with a few new games I’m planning to purchase.

• Like 1

This post is disregarding the negative aspect of 2020 that we are all familiar with.

So 2019 ended and I planned on spending less time gaming and more time with my family due to high working hours on/off for more than 5 years straight.

So 2020 came and apart from Death Stranding I didn’t play any games until March 2020 for reasons I’m sure everyone knows.

I’m proud of how much I learned (DIY/Gardening) and spending quality time with the people and dogs of my household over the months. Being able to make breakfast in bed 7 days a week was beyond words, that would have been science fiction before this year ?.

I have much I want to achieve next year and that can be achieved at home, so good luck to us all ?.

• Like 3

Surviving my job this year, seriosly we had so much staff issue and problems because of this corona rules, it was really exhausing. Plus some colleagues are really no help. At least I had a little paybkack, while I wasn't around a week. ?

Hopefully we really get new staff next year.

Also getting the Cyperpunk 2077 Platinum on base PS4 without destroying my controller after loosing my mainsave.

• Like 2

I was extremely fortunate and was able to keep my job throughout the pandemic without a decrease in pay or anything like that and work from home (still am).  I haven't lost anyone to the disease yet either so I'll count those both as accomplishments.

I've also met a lot of great people on Discord this year, and I wish I could give them all a shout-out, but I don't want to embarrass them. They've really helped me keep my sanity through these tough times of isolation from my coworkers, friends, and family. It's always good to have someone to chat to.

If we are talking gaming accomplishments though, I got to go with my Catherine (PS4) platinum. I've said it before, but it's probably the hardest I've ever had to work to get a platinum. Similar to life this year, I just took it one step at a time as everything around me crumbled. :P

• Like 3

Realizing that more good things come your way if you are grateful for what you already have, instead of complaining for what you don’t.

Understanding that, on Earth, happiness is in the small things.

Gaming-wise: my 200th platinum, Persona 5; finally playing TLOU 2 and making the platinum my 10,000 trophy.

• Like 2

For personal life, it was moving to a big vibrant city away from a small crappy town, and getting a new job in my the speciality I wanted (family medicine doctor). I've also been able to work and never face the risk of unemployment, as there's always demand for jobs in my line of work. 

For gaming, probably the Kingdom Hearts 3 Platinum trophy as although it was not super difficult, the mini games drove me insane. I was over the moon when I got all the trophies in it. 

• Like 2