ExistentialSolid's "Please Destroy Me" Detour

ExistentialSolid

New Nomination List ~ Poll #1  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following games would you like to see next?

• Moon Hunters
    • Attacking Zegeta 2
    • GoNNer 2
    • XPosed Reloaded
    • Mr. Driller: DrillLand

On 14/01/2022 at 6:36 AM, ExistentialSolid said:

I may have to reconsider the Discord server idea considering how Catherine has gone so far, but we'll see. 1f602.png There seems to be a disconnect between voter preference and voter engagement. :P I'm glad to hear you have an interest in my ideas nonetheless and would be glad to see you join if it becomes a reality!

I think the ideas are great & I hope you keep going with it.

1 hour ago, ExistentialSolid said:

Hey, remember that Dirt Rally 2.0 Discord server I mentioned awhile back? I'm going to be making the server public on February 3rd if anyone would like to join in earning the "Flatout" trophy with me! More details will be posted on the 3rd, but whether you'd like to play along or just want to pop in to say hi, you're all invited to join!

I'm definitely interested in this as you already know so I'll be up for this! Nice going on the other games you did recently too!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I remember that Rapunzel stuff being very ridiculous. You have to do all 128 levels in one sitting right?

And if I recall, you have to do another 128 levels.

Yeah, Rapunzel is nuts. ? To complete every level without a guide, I think I'd need a few hundred spare hours and a level of patience I just don't have. That said, I'd love to hear from anyone that actually managed to complete the full set without ever referring to guides/videos. There can't be that many people out there that have achieved that level of mastery over Catherine. 

Well, in the PS3 release, there's 64 levels with another set of 64 that unlock once you've collected 4 hidden rosaries and input a "secret" code. After unlocking the next set, you'll have to complete the 64 additional levels and collect 4 more rosaries to unlock the true ending. You don't really have to complete each set of 64 levels in one sitting, but you do have to collect the 4 rosaries in one sitting. Thankfully, having a level select option means that you should only have to complete the 4 levels that have rosaries in them in one sitting which isn't that bad all things considered (you'll have to do this twice though: once for each set of 64).  

However, in Catherine: Full Body, there's actually another set of 128 levels that take advantage of "Remix" mode. If you play the game's story mode in "remix" mode, this is the version of Rapunzel you'll get to play in the bar instead. Whether you complete the classic set or the remixed set of levels, you'll unlock all of the Rapunzel trophies, so you can select whichever set you're more interested in. Since the goal for me was to internalize new strategies for Babel, I chose to complete the classic set. Babel doesn't have any sort of "Remix" options, so learning techniques for that mode felt kinda pointless.

17 hours ago, Destructor-8 said:

I'm definitely interested in this as you already know so I'll be up for this! Nice going on the other games you did recently too!

Thanks! I'm glad to hear you have an interest! ? I'll hope to see you there once the server is up and running. 

Edited by ExistentialSolid
  • Like 3

I've really enjoyed seeing your playthrough so far. My copy of Full Body isn't in the house right now, so I can't play along, but I have been inspired to start my PS3 copy of Catherine, as a quasi play along. Looking forward to your next update, and any lessons that can help me on my journey.

• Like 3

On 2/1/2022 at 5:37 PM, Moridin83 said:

I've really enjoyed seeing your playthrough so far. My copy of Full Body isn't in the house right now, so I can't play along, but I have been inspired to start my PS3 copy of Catherine, as a quasi play along. Looking forward to your next update, and any lessons that can help me on my journey.

I'm happy to hear it! :D You'll have to let me know if you end up obsessing over Babel as much as I have. :P Have fun and enjoy the story! 

• Like 1

I definitely would try my hand at the DiRT games but my backlog is bad enough as it is already. Plus I bought Gran Turismo 6 a couple months back which will certainly satisfy me in the racing category. Definitely shows its age nowadays, but I never played a Gran Turismo game before so I'm looking forward to it.

Let me know what you think about Trine 2: Complete Story. Everyone tells me it's a fairly easy platinum despite its rarity here on PSNP.

You left the three hardest trophies in Batman: Arkham Knight unfinished. Not sure if you're waiting for a milestone or what. Took me forever to get them done, what finally did it for me was hitting Evade (:cross: button) over the enemies to keep that Freeflow Combo. Using Counter (:triangle: button) was too iffy. People can say what they want on the game..... Batmobile sucked....too much plot....Riddler collectibles were too annoying....yadda yadda yadda. Community Challenge DLC was an actual challenge, I'm definitely glad they forced you to do some of them in order to get a prestigious 100%.

Nothing else I can say about the rest of your unfinished games. It hurts my heart to see Assassin's Creed II not done, that is literally piss easy compared to most everything else on your list. Same with God of War and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. I take it you're NOT much of a fan of open world games, but you got Yakuza Kiwami 1 finished in a pretty impressive time frame.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 10:16 PM, AJ_Radio said:

I definitely would try my hand at the DiRT games but my backlog is bad enough as it is already. Plus I bought Gran Turismo 6 a couple months back which will certainly satisfy me in the racing category. Definitely shows its age nowadays, but I never played a Gran Turismo game before so I'm looking forward to it.

Let me know what you think about Trine 2: Complete Story. Everyone tells me it's a fairly easy platinum despite its rarity here on PSNP.

You left the three hardest trophies in Batman: Arkham Knight unfinished. Not sure if you're waiting for a milestone or what. Took me forever to get them done, what finally did it for me was hitting Evade (:cross: button) over the enemies to keep that Freeflow Combo. Using Counter (:triangle: button) was too iffy. People can say what they want on the game..... Batmobile sucked....too much plot....Riddler collectibles were too annoying....yadda yadda yadda. Community Challenge DLC was an actual challenge, I'm definitely glad they forced you to do some of them in order to get a prestigious 100%.

Nothing else I can say about the rest of your unfinished games. It hurts my heart to see Assassin's Creed II not done, that is literally piss easy compared to most everything else on your list. Same with God of War and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. I take it you're NOT much of a fan of open world games, but you got Yakuza Kiwami 1 finished in a pretty impressive time frame.

No worries! I haven't played a GT since 4 myself, but 6 seems like a solid entry point into the series. I've been thinking about picking up GT7 once it comes out, but it feels like such a waste to play it on a PS4 when it was designed to take advantage of the PS5. I could just upgrade in the future when I get a PS5 since it's cross-buy though... ? 

I tried to start up Trine 2: Complete Story awhile back, but it felt like such a slog. ? The gameplay is sluggish and the collectibles are hidden in weird and obscure locations, so you kind of have to rely on videos throughout the entire first playthrough. After a few levels of mindlessly following video after video, I accepted the fact that the process was miserable and set the game aside. There's a bunch of UR trophies (17) for your trouble though if you can stomach it. I can't really comment on the difficulty yet, since I haven't put much time into the Hard mode playthrough, but I'd have to follow another series of reference videos to get it done so it stopped appealing to me. Someday I'll give it another chance.

With Batman: Arkham Knight, I felt that the amount of effort required to earn the three hardest trophies just wasn't worth the prestige of the 100% completion. I'd probably need a minimum of 10-15 hours of practice to get used to the combat system again and learn whichever tactics are required to succeed. As much as I'd like to get it done sometime, I think I've been spoiled by ultra rare trophies that require half the effort Batman demands. ? Even if there's no UR trophies, Arkham Knight is a far more impressive completion than most UR games, so major props for getting it done.

Haha, you're absolutely right about me not being much of a fan of open world games. ? I can't really pin down what it is about them that pushes me away, but I get bored so easily nowadays that I can't put up with all the fluff inherent in open-world design. The great thing about Kiwami's open-world was that it felt compact and everything had purpose. I never had to run for more than a few minutes to get anywhere and rarely felt like I was wasting my time. It helped that the Yakuza games have kickass stories too. I'm hoping to get back to Yakuza 0 (I originally played it when I wasn't hunting for trophies) later this year alongside Kiwami 2.

Edited by ExistentialSolid
  • Like 4

Progress has been made! My stupid progression continues apace.? I do not have significant previous experience with Catherine, so this run is pretty much a blank slate. The first 2 gold medals on normal went down pretty easily, so I decided to try stage one of Babel (first mistake). After several frustrating hours, it clicked and I got through. So it was back to the story for stage 3, and dip my toes into Rapunzel. I did the baby stages (1-4) on my own, got to stage 5, and immediately saw what @ExistentialSolid was talking about. I'm not spending the amount of time necessary to figure these out on my own, so there is a guide in my future. ? 

Then came my biggest mistake. After the 3rd stage gold medal, I decided to try Menhir. Several multi hour sessions later, I had made no appreciable progress, and was starting to doubt my ability to pursue the platinum. I know that Babel is randomized, so I hadn't bothered with videos, but out of desperation, I checked out the video in this thread. I was picking up new techniques, and hints on some block patterns from the video, then the difference in versions bit me in the ass. Watching ES finish using the energy drinks was soul draining. ? It went from "ohh, I get it!" to "oh, shit I can't do that! ?" So back to the internet it was. A couple of videos later (Surprisingly hard to find for the ps3 version), I went back to try for a 3rd day. Finally, I got it! I can't remember the last time I had such a sense of relief and accomplishment from beating something in a game. Now, I'll go back to the story, and make some progress (until I unlock the next Babel stage).

• Like 4

22 hours ago, ExistentialSolid said:

I tried to start up Trine 2: Complete Story awhile back, but it felt like such a slog. 1f629.png The gameplay is sluggish and the collectibles are hidden in weird and obscure locations, so you kind of have to rely on videos throughout the entire first playthrough. After a few levels of mindlessly following video after video, I accepted the fact that the process was miserable and set the game aside. There's a bunch of UR trophies (17) for your trouble though if you can stomach it. I can't really comment on the difficulty yet, since I haven't put much time into the Hard mode playthrough, but I'd have to follow another series of reference videos to get it done so it stopped appealing to me. Someday I'll give it another chance.

This is definitely the hardest and longest in the Trine franchise. Collectibles are some of the most annoying you’ll face in a game. Plus there are a couple bosses that can give you trouble especially on Hardcore difficulty. There’s also a lot of levels, and looking at the rarity percentages, most people haven’t even beaten the game.

22 hours ago, ExistentialSolid said:

With Batman: Arkham Knight, I felt that the amount of effort required to earn the three hardest trophies just wasn't worth the prestige of the 100% completion. I'd probably need a minimum of 10-15 hours of practice to get used to the combat system again and learn whichever tactics are required to succeed. As much as I'd like to get it done sometime, I think I've been spoiled by ultra rare trophies that require half the effort Batman demands. 1f605.png Even if there's no UR trophies, Arkham Knight is a far more impressive completion than most UR games, so major props for getting it done.

Those trophies require a lot of practice. I did all the other stuff in the Community Challenge DLC, then took six months away because I couldn’t do those combat challenges. Had to watch two to three different YouTube videos of each combat scenario, and after dozens of attempts I finally nabbed those trophies.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Moridin83 said:

Progress has been made! My stupid progression continues apace.1f605.png I do not have significant previous experience with Catherine, so this run is pretty much a blank slate. The first 2 gold medals on normal went down pretty easily, so I decided to try stage one of Babel (first mistake). After several frustrating hours, it clicked and I got through. So it was back to the story for stage 3, and dip my toes into Rapunzel. I did the baby stages (1-4) on my own, got to stage 5, and immediately saw what @ExistentialSolid was talking about. I'm not spending the amount of time necessary to figure these out on my own, so there is a guide in my future. 1f601.png 

Then came my biggest mistake. After the 3rd stage gold medal, I decided to try Menhir. Several multi hour sessions later, I had made no appreciable progress, and was starting to doubt my ability to pursue the platinum. I know that Babel is randomized, so I hadn't bothered with videos, but out of desperation, I checked out the video in this thread. I was picking up new techniques, and hints on some block patterns from the video, then the difference in versions bit me in the ass. Watching ES finish using the energy drinks was soul draining. 1f602.png It went from "ohh, I get it!" to "oh, shit I can't do that! 1f621.png" So back to the internet it was. A couple of videos later (Surprisingly hard to find for the ps3 version), I went back to try for a 3rd day. Finally, I got it! I can't remember the last time I had such a sense of relief and accomplishment from beating something in a game. Now, I'll go back to the story, and make some progress (until I unlock the next Babel stage).

Going from a blank slate to being able to climb Altar and Menhir without energy drinks in just a few days is insane. ? You're a natural! Transforming your "biggest mistake" into something you can feel a sense of accomplishment over is inspiring as hell. Even with the energy drink assists, I wasn't able to climb Menhir at all in 2019 and my save file had 40+ hours on it. ? 

Keep it up! I'm excited to see whether Obelisk puts up more of a fight or if you'll steamroll straight through. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ExistentialSolid said:

Catherine and the Last Brittle Tower - Update #5
38uBYmI.gif

Is there a better way to spend Valentine's Day than curling up in a cozy recliner with two controllers in your lap as you try to earn a co-op trophy by yourself?

...Doubt it. :P An unhealthy obsession with digital bragging rights beats meaningful social interaction any day. Right? ...Right?  

An Icy Room
In the last update, I carried on with my Hard mode playthrough of Catherine: Full Body in a gratuitous, self-imposed training arc for the more difficult PS3 version of Catherine's Babel mode. I made it to one of the last stages in the game, 7-4, before I gave in and started referring to reference videos to solve some of the game's remaining puzzles. After finishing off the last few stages and unceremoniously earning the game's platinum trophy, I returned to the PS3 version of Catherine to settle my score with Babel in round two...

Since I never finished the original Catherine's story mode, the final stage of Babel, Axis Mundi, was still gated behind a progression wall. I needed to earn the Gold Prizes in every stage on Normal difficulty or higher to set foot in the last of Babel's towers. Finishing up a save that dated back to 2014 (I was apparently in the middle of Stage 6) was an option, but greed led me down a different path. 

Unlike the Full Body remake, you don't need to earn every Gold Prize on every last difficulty to platinum the game. In the original, you can get away with collecting every prize on Hard before the irrelevance of trophy hunting ever gets a chance to weigh you down. Doing so will unlock one of the hardest trophies in the game: "The Golden Child." I figured I might as well be efficient and do one last playthrough of Catherine on Hard while I work towards unlocking Axis Mundi.

A Cold Touch
The conveniences that Full Body introduced were sorely missed as I marched mechanically through the PS3 original. Being unable to undo my moves (a rewind mechanic whereby you revert back one or more block "pushes") led to a litany of careless mistakes. Gold Prizes were more aggravating to earn than ever before even though I had just completed these stages in Full Body. Ignoring the pain for the sake of seeing Babel one last time was all that pushed me forward. 

The final two stages, 9-5 and 9-6, refused to go down easily. Hazards assaulted the player in ways that would shift each tower in unpredictable arrangements. Block type could change at the drop of a hat while some sections faced annihilation altogether. Much like Babel, luck, careful improvisation, and memorization would stand as your only saving grace. I would climb and fall with biting regularity. An hour passed before I scaled 9-5; 9-6 devoured a second. I stared at the screen with eyes glazed over as "The Golden Child" popped and the last stage of Babel was unlocked.

Hollow Words

When I last brought up Babel's difficulties a few weeks ago, I showcased a dramatized retelling of my experiences with Axis Mundi and Obelisk. The story didn't actually end there...

As my trophy list might betray, I immediately dove in to the PS3 version of Babel to see if the difficulty of Babel really warranted the "9/10" difficulty label compared to Full Body's seemingly tame "7/10" label. I found that Altar and Menhir were not much different than their Full Body counterparts. The lack of energy drinks (items that let you jump up two blocks to get out of a jam) made the climb trickier, but all the practice I've had since I last visited these towers meant that making mistakes was less commonplace. Both towers were quickly conquered. 

Obelisk, however, was the first to bend the rules. In Full Body's rendition of Obelisk, you'd normally come across normal, cracked, ice, trap, and heavy blocks...

sl48bNI.gif

... but this isn't the case in the PS3 original. In the PS3 version you have to deal with additional Mystery, Monster, and Explosive blocks. Mystery blocks, when stepped on, have the ability to transform into any other block type (normal, cracked, ice, trap, heavy, monster, or explosive). Monster blocks will randomly move one block's length throughout the stage whenever they feel like it and will drop the player if they hang off the block's face. These blocks can also be "killed" by stepping on them. Explosive blocks, when stepped on, damage all blocks in range after a set amount of time has much like the TNT boxes in Crash Bandicoot (these damaged blocks then become cracked).  

Y8BbsFb.gif

I can only imagine that the Full Body remake toned down the co-op version of Obelisk to minimize the chaotic RNG-driven nature of mystery and monster blocks. Maybe people complained about it feeling unfair. 1f914.png In any case, the climb was the most brutal I'd experienced up to this point. I spent 3 hours slaving away in my undies in a Sisyphean effort to reach the top. One of the most heart-breaking ways I've died is by sliding off the edge of the stage when a mystery block decides to transform into ice (it is usually best to assume these blocks are going to be either ice or trap types to avoid an early death). Once I had finished, I readied myself for the last of Babel's trials: Axis Mundi.

Obeliskkkk-15

Chasing Phantoms
Babel's final tower loomed ahead for the second, and final, time. All those hours spent grinding for Gold Prizes were leading to this moment. When I first climbed Axis Mundi in Full Body, I used up 4 energy drinks (2 for each climber) to cover for moments of poor climbing. Could I complete the climb without the energy drink? I was determined to find out.

When I set out to play the PS3 original back in 2014, I felt like an incapable idiot. I didn't think I had what it took to finish the game on Normal difficulty, let alone climb some of the most difficult structures the game had to offer. 7 long years later, I came back a different person. I learned that no matter how "stupid" or "incapable" you feel, obstacles will fall if you have the patience to keep pushing against them. I learned that failure is little more than an inevitable byproduct in the formula for success. As the last trophy in Catherine: Full Body states, "Persistence conquers all things."

Like a ferocious beast egging me on to higher and higher peaks, my mentality had been sharpened by years of failure and was hungry for another victory. This climb was something more—it was validation—it was evidence that I had changed—it was a feast for the ego. I would climb and fall. I would try again. I would fall again. I resisted the temptations to give in until I claimed my rightful place on the top of the tower a few short hours later.

Axis Mundi fell for the last time.

Axissss-15

Circling Back
Remember how I mentioned that Babel was significantly easier in co-op than it is in Solo mode? Welll, before I end this series of updates, I thought it might be fun to see how I fared in the Solo versions of these monstrous towers. There aren't any trophies on the line, but the increased step counts and complex block patterns were sure to give me the reality check I needed. I'll save you another long-winded ego trip and just post videos of my three successful runs below. 1f602.png 

[Altar - Solo]
[Menhir - Solo]
[Obelisk - Solo]

If anyone's reading and wants to take on the Solo version of Axis Mundi, I'd love to see your runs! Axis Mundi on Solo, while not required for any trophy-related feats, is still out of my reach for now. 1f605.png In addition to the co-op times I provided in a previous update, here are my Solo times in Catherine: Full Body for those that want something more to compete against.

Catherine-Full-Body-20220214162750

~ Catherine Confessional ~

The Catherine confessional polls have come to a close! Thanks for participating everyone! Below, I'm going to be posting images of each poll before it was closed and removed. Often times, these images can unfortunately look really small if you're viewing on mobile. If they aren't readable, zooming in may solve the issue, but, if that doesn't work, let me know and I'd be happy to type out the results below. Respect to the brave souls that answered these questions honestly! I feel like I understand you all just a little bit better. 1f605.png

cath-conf-11
cath-conf-22
catherine-conf-33
cath-conf-44
cath-conf-55

What's Next?
Since I earned the platinum in Catherine: Full Body and wrapped up the last of the PS3 Catherine's challenging trophies, I'm going to save the last few story/Rapunzel trophies for later. I'm trying to figure out good milestone material for platinum #250 and the PS3 version of Catherine seems like a strong candidate. 1f602.png We'll see how things pan out!

My journey through Catherine might be over, but that doesn't necessarily mean we won't be seeing updates from other players in the coming weeks. You're all, of course, still welcome to post Catherine (PS3) or Catherine: Full Body (PS4) updates until March 6th! We won't be seeing any updates from me until then.

If anyone remembers that Cloudberry Kingdom all-in-one update I never got around to writing last year, I'm going to take advantage of the time between now and March 6th to get that written and posted. I don't have any definite plans beyond that point, so we'll wing it from there.

Thank you all for joining me for Catherine and I'll see you on March 6th! 1f604.png

I'm playing Catherine (on PS Now) and I have bought Catherine: FBE. You would say it's easier to tackle the PS3 version after I platinumed the FBE edition right? And I'm curious. Which technique do you used the most? I know it's rng but do you have "favorite" techniques? And Congrats!!

• Like 1

Well it's looks like you're done on Both PS4 and PS3 versions of Catherine. Well done!
(Of course you haven't got all the story related trophy ones on PS3, and of course Rapunzel....again....., but who wants to do those again?! lol)

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

Update time. I finally beat Obelisk! I got my 5th gold medal several days ago, and as is my pattern, put the story down to continue with Babel. Obelisk is my least favorite so far. Technically in a lot of ways I found it easier than Menhir, but the mystery blocks add an extra level of randomness that I despise with a passion.:shakefist: The fact that a decent run can be unavoidably derailed by surprise spikes/ice/bomb etc. is incredibly frustrating. (Sidenote, If you're planning to play the game and haven't done so yet, please, please don't play the way I am, it's incredibly stupid? I'm dealing with blocks I haven't run into in the main story, and the mid-stage characters are still teaching me new techniques that I should really know before playing the Babel stages.)

So now, it's back to the story, and at least I'll know all the techniques I should before tackling Axis Mundi. I doubt I'll have the plat by March 6th, but if I can have Axis Mundi beat by then, there's nothing else that would block the plat, so I'll consider it a victory, as that will also let me keep Catherine for plat #200!?

• Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 10:52 PM, enaysoft said:

Well it's looks like you're done on Both PS4 and PS3 versions of Catherine. Well done!
(Of course you haven't got all the story related trophy ones on PS3, and of course Rapunzel....again....., but who wants to do those again?! lol)

Thanks! Sitting bleary-eyed through another 5 hours of Rapunzel definitely isn't high on my priority list, but I'm sure I'll get it done sooner or later once I get closer to :platinum: #250. ? I've still gotta figure out whether I want Catherine or MGS2 as milestone plats.

On 2/20/2022 at 11:26 PM, kevao97 said:

I can't wait for you to finally be destroyed.

Maybe I'd get destroyed faster if I put "Please Destroy Me" in my Tinder bio. :P

On 2/24/2022 at 8:46 PM, Moridin83 said:

Update time. I finally beat Obelisk! I got my 5th gold medal several days ago, and as is my pattern, put the story down to continue with Babel. Obelisk is my least favorite so far. Technically in a lot of ways I found it easier than Menhir, but the mystery blocks add an extra level of randomness that I despise with a passion.:shakefist: The fact that a decent run can be unavoidably derailed by surprise spikes/ice/bomb etc. is incredibly frustrating. (Sidenote, If you're planning to play the game and haven't done so yet, please, please don't play the way I am, it's incredibly stupid1f605.png I'm dealing with blocks I haven't run into in the main story, and the mid-stage characters are still teaching me new techniques that I should really know before playing the Babel stages.)

So now, it's back to the story, and at least I'll know all the techniques I should before tackling Axis Mundi. I doubt I'll have the plat by March 6th, but if I can have Axis Mundi beat by then, there's nothing else that would block the plat, so I'll consider it a victory, as that will also let me keep Catherine for plat #200!1f601.png

Damn, I thought for sure Obelisk would stop you in your tracks. ? For me, it was Babel's most difficult stage and I can't imagine being able to climb it so soon after meeting the unlock requirements. Props for getting so good at the game so quickly! I guess Catherine just "clicks" with some people. :dunno: If your skills keep improving, I'd be curious to see how well you'd do attempting Axis Mundi on Solo. In the US release of Catherine, the tower is bugged and borderline impossible to climb in Solo (Co-op is, thankfully, unaffected). You'd need some serious talent to make it to the top, but your skill trajectory seems to suggest you could get it done if you wanted to with how quickly you've managed everything else. ?

Either way, good luck with Axis Mundi! If nothing's stopped you yet, I can't imagine the last of Babel will slow you down. :D 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 4:44 PM, ExistentialSolid said:

Thanks! Sitting bleary-eyed through another 5 hours of Rapunzel definitely isn't high on my priority list, but I'm sure I'll get it done sooner or later once I get closer to :platinum: #250. 1f602.png I've still gotta figure out whether I want Catherine or MGS2 as milestone plats.

I think the PS3 version of Catherine, is maybe a bit harder? Well you could always have Yakuza 3 as your 250th ;)

Elden Ring is turning out to be a super hard game, not sure if you've ever played a Souls game.

• Like 1

Deadline update. I finished the story and all gold medals, got 3 ending, and just today hit my goal! Axis Mundi was surprisingly not so bad. It still took me a number of tries, but I think I put in less time than either Menhir or Obelisk. I don't have the platinum yet, but with Babel conquered, there's nothing that can stop me! :)  Thanks again for the motivation to pull this out of my backlog and actually make progress. This has been a blast!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
8 minutes ago, ExistentialSolid said:

An Endless Road Filled With Detours 
Hey everyone! It's been awhile! It's kinda hard to believe my last update was posted over 8 months ago. If you count the time I spent away last year, I think this thread's been locked up even longer than it's been open... 

While I was away, I started rethinking what I, as a reader, would want to experience vicariously through a trophy checklist. The struggle against difficult games can be exciting—don't get me wrong—but I'm not convinced it's the only thrill worth reading about. Lately, I've been itching to see more players venture into uncharted waters... I want to see trophies that might be unobtainable, levels of difficulty that are totally unknown, and so little reference material at one's disposal that they're essentially on their own. I want the excitement of discovery, the satisfaction of seeing someone pave their own path, and the dismay of being blindsided by the unexpected.

It's nice you're back. I remember awhile back when a few of you were going for a few unknown games & you managed to finish those which was cool, so it'd be interesting to follow more of those.

• Like 3

Welcome back ?

1 hour ago, ExistentialSolid said:

Hey everyone! It's been awhile! It's kinda hard to believe my last update was posted over 8 months ago. If you count the time I spent away last year, I think this thread's been locked up even longer than it's been open... 1f605.png

But you know what? That's okay! For some of us, motivation comes and goes like the seasons and it'd be silly to beat myself up over something I'm not able to control. With that said, I feel refreshed and ready to get destroyed some more! Whether you're brand new here or have been around for ages, welcome and thank you for stopping by! I have two important announcements that I'd like to go over before we dive back into things, so let's get to it!

Yeah, it does happen, indeed.

I have been noticing how sometimes regular PSNP posters disappear for a while. Some come back, some don't (or at least have not yet). 

The uncharted territory idea sounds interesting. Unfortunately, I can't contribute much, I don't follow rare games. But I'll be checking the progress ?.

And good luck with Miku!

• Like 3