Haptic Feedback

WhisperingDusk

I was a big fan of the MotorStorm series and was disappointed to not see a new one on PS4. Now with the haptic feedback fun possibilities open up and I was wondering how DIRT 5 feels on PS5. Did they update their game to the different events and roads? I don’t except something amazing like Astro’s Playroom but a game like this with haptic feedback done right would be an immediate buy for me.

TLDR: How does the game feel on PS5? Or no real difference with the PS4 version?

I have not tried PS4 version, but PS5 version gives L2 and R2 buttons pressure. It is set hepatic feedback, but not nothing great like Astro

After 5-6 hours of play time fingers was so tired. I have set minimal pressure and vibrations. 

There are vibrations on acceleration, abs using, steering, braking etc. I would say not to buy Dirt 5 only for haptic feedback feelings. It feels average and fingers are tired after some time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WhisperingDusk said:

I was a big fan of the MotorStorm series and was disappointed to not see a new one on PS4. Now with the haptic feedback fun possibilities open up and I was wondering how DIRT 5 feels on PS5. Did they update their game to the different events and roads? I don’t except something amazing like Astro’s Playroom but a game like this with haptic feedback done right would be an immediate buy for me.

TLDR: How does the game feel on PS5? Or no real difference with the PS4 version?

Haptic feedback and adaptive triggers are amazing in this game. You feel every gear shift, every terrain change, every bump. The triggers feel like an acceleration and brake pedal. Its really cool and happy to see codemasters use the technology. Now I just wish they could fix all the buggy trophies

Edited by P-Low14
  • Like 1

They just used it and put it in the game. at first it feels amazing, but the longer you play, the more you realize that feedback doesnt actually add up to what you see or should feel, and codemasters kinda knows, bc they are working on it to put a new better version of haptic feedback to make it match different underground etc in an upcoming patch .... but i dont expect it to be done soon though.