The Minecraft trophy (and achievements) guides nightmare

cris3f

I've been playing around a few trophies on the 3 Minecrafts (Vita, PS3 and PS4). The trophy guides for this (these) games is a bloody mess these days as a lot of what's written in all of them is outdated and no longer valid.

For starters they all mention the tutorial world and the fountain. Yes there's still a tutorial world (PS3 and Vita, and PS4 if you have the editions version) but there's no fountain, so nothing of what you read applies. The tutorial that had the fountain was introduced on version 1.39 (December 2016), but a new and completely different one was made for the Aquatic update, so from December 2018 onwards the tutorial map is the current one, with the lake at the end of the small village. And this one it's unlikely to change as the PS3 and Vita versions (and the editions on the PS4) are officially dead.

As expected the videos they point to are, a lot, completely useless too and a waste of time.

And it's not only the tutorial map that has changed. It's no longer possible to craft Enchanted Apples on the Bedrock Edition, so on the PS4 what every trophy guide available says to do it's impossible.

As it's impossible now to import or cross save worlds between Vita, PS3 and PS4 versions, although all still say that it is.

This isn't a problem of just Minecraft's guide, but on this one it really is really annoying and most likely even worse because it was written by several persons. Many of the free to play games that have evolved or changed considerably over time have similar issues.

• Like 3

yep for me in the end i used the guide to find out what to do and then my guess was they expanded the tutorial but didnt remove anything so i simply started searching.. took a while but worked.
on the ps4 verison i dont even know how to get into the tutorial.... how do i get the editions version von minecraft on ps4?

11 minutes ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

yep for me in the end i used the guide to find out what to do and then my guess was they expanded the tutorial but didnt remove anything so i simply started searching.. took a while but worked.
on the ps4 verison i dont even know how to get into the tutorial.... how do i get the editions version von minecraft on ps4?

It all depends on if you're lucky enough to have a working copy, because the Editions button is missing for a lot of people due to a bug the devs have refused to fix.

Yeah, I had a hard time at the beginning because I had no idea what to do for certain trophies and the guides were all outdated. But in the end, they helped me to at least know what object I was looking for and what should I do to achieve certain trophy.

If you have the Editions button working for you, everything can be done in the Aquatic Tutorial, with the exception of certain trophies (if I remember correctly, Treasure Hunter, Ahoy!, Sail the 7 Seas, Me Gold and Ring the Alarm). And yes, after converting my world from Editions to Bedrock, I was able to still get trophies just fine. I just had to explore more beyond the borders of the map to find the new additions (like bees). 

Edited by flugurnarrr

On 20/12/2020 at 2:25 AM, cris3f said:

I've been playing around a few trophies on the 3 Minecrafts (Vita, PS3 and PS4). The trophy guides for this (these) games is a bloody mess these days as a lot of what's written in all of them is outdated and no longer valid.

For starters they all mention the tutorial world and the fountain. Yes there's still a tutorial world (PS3 and Vita, and PS4 if you have the editions version) but there's no fountain, so nothing of what you read applies. The tutorial that had the fountain was introduced on version 1.39 (December 2016), but a new and completely different one was made for the Aquatic update, so from December 2018 onwards the tutorial map is the current one, with the lake at the end of the small village. And this one it's unlikely to change as the PS3 and Vita versions (and the editions on the PS4) are officially dead.

As expected the videos they point to are, a lot, completely useless too and a waste of time.

And it's not only the tutorial map that has changed. It's no longer possible to craft Enchanted Apples on the Bedrock Edition, so on the PS4 what every trophy guide available says to do it's impossible.

As it's impossible now to import or cross save worlds between Vita, PS3 and PS4 versions, although all still say that it is.

This isn't a problem of just Minecraft's guide, but on this one it really is really annoying and most likely even worse because it was written by several persons. Many of the free to play games that have evolved or changed considerably over time have similar issues.

I'm working on a guide for Expansion 4 and hopefully it'll alleviate any frustrations you have with the other guides. If you do decide to check it out please give any feedback, that's greatly appreciated. It's difficult to make guides for Minecraft, it's an open world sandbox which isn't like most games. There's numerous ways to acquire almost every item in the game and the game has been evolving ever since 2009. It seems a lot of the guides fail due to their reliance on the tutorials. While it's great to offer an easy way to earn a bunch of trophies, it'll also be outdated if they ever change the tutorial world and it's apparent that providing lots of information is far more valuable as it allows the players to understand the games mechanic and exactly what each trophy is asking of them.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2021 at 10:29 PM, OmegaRejectz said:

I'm working on a guide for Expansion 4 and hopefully it'll alleviate any frustrations you have with the other guides. If you do decide to check it out please give any feedback, that's greatly appreciated. It's difficult to make guides for Minecraft, it's an open world sandbox which isn't like most games. There's numerous ways to acquire almost every item in the game and the game has been evolving ever since 2009. It seems a lot of the guides fail due to their reliance on the tutorials. While it's great to offer an easy way to earn a bunch of trophies, it'll also be outdated if they ever change the tutorial world and it's apparent that providing lots of information is far more valuable as it allows the players to understand the games mechanic and exactly what each trophy is asking of them.

I'm writing a forum thread on how to get almost all the harder trophies in the tutorial world, by playing and cheesing since some are a joke to get. The tutorial world is frozen, it was a 4J studios thing, the guys that were contracted to develop the consoles versions. Their contract ended or was terminated by Mojang, now it's Mojang who I think it's developing the PS4 Bedrock version (à la Microsoft and respecting the company heritage it's a buggy mess). There will no longer be other tutorial worlds like the console ones, so writing what I'm doing now it's feasible.

Unfortunately who writes guides for free to play or games with lots of future expansions should realize this before embarking on writing a guide for them, as there's a good chance the guide becomes a nuisance instead of a real guide. So anyone jumping into this should realize that this will be a work in progress and not a frozen in time and once done just forget it kinda thing. Guide team should also work towards that goal, but it's not my job. But there's lots of guides here and on playstationtrophies (and on xBox sites) that are utterly crap for various reasons, including this one.