Platinum may be unobtainable on PS5

Koro249

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, mrlenniboy said:

any workaround found, i just had this problems yesterday, every time the ps5 just gets a error and shuts down the game

Nope. Until the devs release a dedicated PS5 support patch, this game will be forever unplayable on the PS5 so all you can do is stick to playing it on a PS4 :(.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, I-Reaped-U said:

FYI, if you have a PS5 game, it has to be installed on an internal SSD. 

Correct, but Dying Light was released on PS4 several years ago and is playable via backwards compatibility from internal or external storage.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2021 at 3:54 PM, kkulifay said:

Have the digital version on my PS5 and one trophy away from getting the plat. It has only crashed one time during the start of a side mission. 100% playable on the PS5

That’s good news. I was planning on trying to get the 100% in this game until I read that it was unplayable. If the issues are minor and very infrequent, I don’t mind at all. 

EDIT: Game crashed twice so far. Both times were whilst doing the Radio Station quest. Once it had reloaded I managed to complete the quest fine.

Edited by SP71Q
Update
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20/12/2020 at 9:30 PM, Koro249 said:

I've been playing Dying Light on PS5 lately, trying to get all the trophies.

Everything was working fine until i came across 2 side quests: "Radio Station" and "Office Outpost", very similar in structure, where my game kept crashing almost instantly upon entering the buildings where the side quests take place. I tried it on various different days, with different weapons, with or without friends. Hell, I even tried reinstalling the game. Nothing seemed to work and I kept crashing right away.

Finally, I had to go back to my PS4, where I was able to complete these 2 quests without any trouble.

So I'm writing this post to warn anyone who for some reason only has a PS5 and wants to complete Dying Light but also to ask anyone who has both to try it out on their PS5 and confirm if they have the same issues or if it's just me.

Hope this post can save 1 or 2 people from some unexpected frustrations. Keep hunting those trophies! :D 

No issues here I’m on PS5 haven’t gotten the plat yet but the side quest were just fine do they even update the game anymore due to DL2 coming out in a few days time 

Edited by Fresh-Tech1

1 hour ago, Fresh-Tech1 said:

No issues here I’m on PS5 haven’t gotten the plat yet but the side quest were just fine do they even update the game anymore due to DL2 coming out in a few days time 

Dying Light 1 got a content drop last week and there's at least 1 more still to come but after that, I imagine support will virtually dry up so no more patches will be released unless a game breaking glitch is discovered.

27 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Dying Light 1 got a content drop last week and there's at least 1 more still to come but after that, I imagine support will virtually dry up so no more patches will be released unless a game breaking glitch is discovered.

Didn't they say they were going to realise a next gen patch though?

Nice to know this still isn't fixed a year later. Just had multiple crashes on PS5 and gave up. I don't care much as I wasn't going for the platinum anyway but still frustrating for those that are. What boggles my mind is how a game that has been supported for 7 years can still have issues such as this and never received even a Pro patch.

• Like 2

On 31/1/2022 at 4:46 PM, Sn1per666999 said:

Nice to know this still isn't fixed a year later. Just had multiple crashes on PS5 and gave up. I don't care much as I wasn't going for the platinum anyway but still frustrating for those that are. What boggles my mind is how a game that has been supported for 7 years can still have issues such as this and never received even a Pro patch.

I had no issues at all doing side quest my game never crashed on PS5 yet gotten the trophy for all side quest completed 

• Like 1

I just did those two quests today. The game crased only once while doing the radio station quest, specifically it crased when i stopped moving and stood there for a minute ( maybe a coincidence ). Then I restarted the game and it continued from where it crashed. Didn't encounter any crashes with the office outpost quest.

I used guns and a shield and maybe not moving constantly for more than 10 secs or 1 min causes the crash..just an assumption.