Platinum may be unobtainable on PS5

Koro249

This is definitely is an issue but it doesn't mean this is unobtainable. So I just played completely on PS5 and got the platinum yesterday. I had one crash in each outpost, however upon reentering each place all enemies I cleared were still dead. So just run through and clear the rest if you missed any and leave don't waste time inside. There is NOTHING worthwhile inside anyway. This is stil very much passable regardless. Don't get discouraged. 

• 4 weeks later...

A new patch has just been released which should fix this problem :):

* Added three video modes on PS5. You can access them in the options menu.
- Performance mode - 60 FPS in Full HD resolution.
- Balanced mode - targeting 60 FPS in QHD resolution.
- Quality mode - 30 FPS in 4K resolution.
* Improved the 30 FPS cap on PS4 Pro.
* Introduced new networking utilizing the EOS solution.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Constantly crashing in the offices for me on PS5, so still an issue. May have to try on the PS4

Edit* Managed to do it on the PS5 with some luck and persistence. I made sure not to manually reload. Fully empty the clip so he does it automatically. Also I made sure not to sprint since either manual reloading or sprinting is where I would usually crash. Try and stay around the elevators as much as possible too. Worked first time when I gave myself these restrictions. Good luck!

Edited by Mattiechuu
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I just finished those two quests, it was crashing every single time for me but i found a way and its just doing stealth. Kill most/all enemies while anonymous and you'll be able to finish the quest without crashing.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For anyone worried, it's 100% obtainable on PS5. The two quests require you to go inside two locations which do still cause blue screen issues but it's still doable despite having to restart a few times. Deep Silver is renowned for issues in games so take it with a pinch of salt.

• Like 1

My buddy had to stay above the elevator while I went through.  I was the only one getting kills.  It crashed a few seconds after the last kill but it counted.  Ps5.

To be clear this was probably our 7th attempt.  It's possible on ps5 but very glitchy.

Edited by big_bob002