100% Bracket Challenge Jan 2021 [Win prizes] [Sign up Closed]

19 hours ago, platinumplayer12 said:

I would like to ask a question can you get points from extra games that you finish within this month if you can get your main bracket completed? And if you do is there any specific extra rules/steps that have to be taken? @Stedde

This was asked by @donniemitsux before the contest start (view post on 29 Dec) and I said:

“Yes, but for those trophies to count in the scoreboard only trophies earned after the 5 Games in the bracket has been completed will be counted.”

So I will be true to my word since I said OK before the contest started. (Honestly I thought it would take a little longer for people to complete their five games ?. But people are really fast.)

If you have completed your five games, any trophy gathered afterwards will be counted towards your final score.

In retrospect, this maybe should not have been allowed.
This is the first time I am running this, so I will learn and get feedback on how to improve going forward.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Stedde said:

This was asked by @donniemitsux before the contest start (view post on 29 Dec) and I said:

“Yes, but for those trophies to count in the scoreboard only trophies earned after the 5 Games in the bracket has been completed will be counted.”

So I will be true to my word since I said OK before the contest started. (Honestly I thought it would take a little longer for people to complete their five games 1f60a.png. But people are really fast.)

If you have completed your five games, any trophy gathered afterwards will be counted towards your final score.

In retrospect, this maybe should not have been allowed.
This is the first time I am running this, so I will learn and get feedback on how to improve going forward.

Nice to know that it is counted at least for this month. Thanks! :)

I will definitely need to pick my games better if I do another contest.  I picked some almost nothing but 100+ hour plats for this bracket.

I'm thinking only alternating months to allow for more relaxed game choices.  (really want to play some Atelier games this year)

Edited by Otenko_the_sage
more stuff
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Otenko_the_sage said:

I will definitely need to pick my games better if I do another contest.  I picked some almost nothing but 100+ hour plats for this bracket.

I'm thinking only alternating months to allow for more relaxed game choices.  (really want to play some Atelier games this year)

Yeah, initially I had picked games I wanted to be more relaxed about and complete over the course of the month. However, when I saw that games completed after the bracket would count, I played at a more hurried rate I planned. I think I would have preferred it to stay within the bracket as it added a bit more strategy to the choices. All in all, it was still fun to go through a backlog, but it would be nice to see the main bracket games to count quite a bit more than the rest.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GamFreak146 said:

Yeah, initially I had picked games I wanted to be more relaxed about and complete over the course of the month. However, when I saw that games completed after the bracket would count, I played at a more hurried rate I planned. I think I would have preferred it to stay within the bracket as it added a bit more strategy to the choices. All in all, it was still fun to go through a backlog, but it would be nice to see the main bracket games to count quite a bit more than the rest.

Im with you, thought we would all play the bracket and so I choosed games with lower completion rates so that the points system really counts.

with the addition of other games outside the bracket, the points system makes no sense anymore. So I lost my spirit to compete for the challenge.

But Im really impressed with all the progress you guys made. Keep going!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Stedde said:

@GamFreak146 and @da_eMTy Thanks for the feedback!
I will take this with me going forward. Hopefully I will see you back again when I have some improvements. ?

Sounds good! Although, since it's not written in the first post with the rules, I don't think people would get upset if you removed the extra points from additional games or at least reduced them. I feel a lot of people made their brackets with rarity in mind and chose some games that might be a little more challenging to complete overall, which would put them at a disadvantage with the additional points. Either way, it's your contest and I appreciate you putting it together regardless!

• Like 1

Game 1 0% - 20%    Binary Domain ? :platinum:
Game 2 21% - 40%  MGS: Peace Walker :platinum:
Game 3 41% - 60%  TMNT: Danger of the Ooze
Game 4 61% - 80%  PvZ: Garden Warfare
Game 5 81%- 99%   Far Cry 2 ? :platinum:

finally went back and did another playthrough for the missable trophy I had on FC2 and after knocking out the MP earlier in the year completed the story for Binary Domain, enjoyed the game, wouldn't mind a sequel, just a shame it bombed at release.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Damarcus_96_ said:

Maneater is finished which also means so too is my list!

Maneater

Valiant Hearts: The Great War

Screencheat

Gang Beats

Astro's Playroom

All 100%!

What a nice different challenge this is and was sure fun to see not only my but also the others progress! Thanks @Stedde for hosting!

Thanks. Glad you liked it!
I will probably be back, with a better and improved setup. 

• Like 1

Today I learnt that I will not be able to complete my bracket. ?
Apparently Tales of Monkey Island cannot be played anymore. Due to the Telltale Games issue awhile ago the games have been delisted. You cannot even find them in you Library.
This really bums me out and will haunt the "completeist" in me for many many years.

Edited by Stedde
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

Finally done with my five:

Trophy5.png

On to bonus games!

Congrats man!

16 minutes ago, Stedde said:

Today I learnt that I will not be able to complete my bracket. 1f61e.png
Apparently Tales of Monkey Island cannot be played anymore. Due to the Telltale Games issue awhile ago the games have been delisted. You cannot even find them in you Library.
This really bums me out and will haunt the "completeist" in me for many many years.

Dude that sucks! Its crazy that can happen, I guess its out of your control though. Monkey Island games are great too!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Damarcus_96_ said:

Congrats man!

I appreciate it!

6 hours ago, Stedde said:

Aw, that's such garbage. Considering that it's beyond your control, I doubt anyone here would fault you for substituting in a different game if you'd like.

7 hours ago, Stedde said:

It is not your fault at all. Please choose another game for it's place if you want to do so.:)

11 hours ago, Stedde said:

If you have bought it, you can redownload it. You have to manually search your download list. 

11 hours ago, Kishnabe said:

If you have bought it, you can redownload it. You have to manually search your download list. 

That is what thought but after som googling and investigation that is not the case. It has been removed completely. 
The only thing I have is a "trail" version and when I try to clock the "Purchase" inside the game I am routed to any empty page.

Unless you have find another way? :)

2 hours ago, Otenko_the_sage said:

@Stedde  I ran into this problem with Digimon Cyber sleuth. What I did was (through the web store ymmv) go all the way back in my purchase history and redownloaded from there. 

Thanks for the tip but my problem is this is for PS3.
The change Sony did awhile ago with the web is that you only see PS4 and PS5 games.

PS3 and Vita can only be found/view through those devices.

11 hours ago, Stedde said:

That is what thought but after som googling and investigation that is not the case. It has been removed completely. 
The only thing I have is a "trail" version and when I try to clock the "Purchase" inside the game I am routed to any empty page.

Unless you have find another way? :)

The game should have 2 entries in your downloads list, the activation key should be a separated file. (I think, unless it's a key for each Episode, forget how Back to the Future and Sam & Max worked). 

If I were you, I would double check on ps3 slowly and carefully again (I have several "cases" of not finding something in my downloads list, but after looking again more carefully, I found them there..). 

Do note that I have nearly 2000 items on my ps3 download list, so, ya, it's an extremely slow process for me too (and easy to overlook sometimes). 

Said that, I do think that my activation key for Red Johnson's Chronicles also disappeared from my download list.. But it's an extremely rare occurrence as far as I'm aware. 

As for my progress on the event, yesterday I got FF7R in a plat ready state (actually did everything in-game, even the stuff not related to trophies..), and I'm working on Sly 2 now..  We will see if I will be able to get all 5 games done before the end of the month.. (2 weekends of lockdown should be enough.. I hope).