CD Projekt Red are filthy liars

TheChunkyNuggs

I contacted CD Projekt Red about having bugged trophies and told them all my issues with The Jungle trophy not unlocking even after a second run through the game (100% the game all missions, max level I’ve tried everything the internet has suggested) They lied to me and sent me to PlayStation Support telling me it’s up to them to unlock any trophies. So I contact PlayStation support and don’t they tell me that it’s 100% bullsh*it and it’s CD Projekt Red with the ability to see our game data and force unlock a trophy.

“We do not have access to your in game trophy progress from our end, we cannot even see the content within your game from our end here. Only developers have access to in game content and only they can assist you with this matter. Sorry CD Projekt Red sent you to us” - PlayStation Support 

So CD Projekt Red the makers of one of the most broken games ever are now trying to send their problems to everyone else instead of actually solving anything themselves. 

Cyberpunk support website states “Note, we are unable to grant trophies on our end, so if you'd like the trophy unlocked, consider contacting PlayStation Support on that matter.” 

Edited by KSTORM25
  • Like 2

No doubt they tried to cover up how well it ran on last gen consoles. But in relation to your problem both statements can be true, CD Projekt likely don't have the ability to grant you trophies. All they can do is continue to work on fixing bugs and glitches.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KSTORM25 said:

Cyberpunk support website states “Note, we are unable to grant trophies on our end, so if you'd like the trophy unlocked, consider contacting PlayStation Support on that matter.” 

Wow, they really have no clue what they are doing. PlayStation support can't unlock a trophy for you. It's them who have to release a proper patch. What a shitshow! ?‍♂️

• Like 1

cdpr aren't that bad, but they inadvertantly invented games as a service 20 years ago with witcher 1, reinvented it with witcher 2 and pretty much scored a hattrick with witcher 3, they make good games but they ALWAYS come out a year too early, pc version always runs with priority optimisation. and I'm pretty sure simple features like pushing a button to lock onto an enemy in combat got patched in a month later with every single release in the witcher series.

so yeah don't buy day 1 from cdpr ever, no matter how many new staff they hire, or how many additions they make to their q&a team because it's a joke. i wanted cp 2077 to be amazing as much as anyone did, but i knew that meant waiting a year.

• Like 1

Just now, DaivRules said:

Some level 1 support person at a company doesn’t know what they’re doing and sends you to another level 1 support person at another company. Both are treated like all-knowing representatives for everything about the company they work for.

This is absolutely unrelated, but that’s a very cute dog.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

Some level 1 support person at a company doesn’t know what they’re doing and sends you to another level 1 support person at another company. Both are treated like all-knowing representatives for everything about the company they work for.

very true, and i imagine with all the messages and calls they are getting in relation to just this game let alone anything else, is probably making them pull their hair out.

1 minute ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

very true, and i imagine with all the messages and calls they are getting in relation to just this game let alone anything else, is probably making them pull their hair out.

Totally agree, this game is a PR nightmare. Just hope the situation gets better in a year or so

• Like 1

In this case I don't think either one is particularly truthful.

I could be wrong, but I think the trophy unlocking in a game, is programmed in the game, but sent to whatever api at Sony's end to unlock in in your profile.

So CDPR cannot forcefully unlock a trophy for you, unless they program it directly into the game for you. It would be pretty much impossible (and extremely costly) to do this for every user that requests it.

Since the trophy data is hosted on Sony's servers, in theory they're the only ones that could forcefully unlock it without any development needing to be done. But there's likely no infrastructure for this, so needs to be manually adjusted in their databases. The only ones that would be able to do this are the top level software architects/developers of the PSN. Any other representatives wouldn't even be aware of this, let alone being able to provide support regarding it. And same thing again, it would be pretty much impossible to do this for every user that requests it. Even if it's just because of the cost of these people to support something as trivial as a trophy. And then there's all those people who would lie to get trophies forcefully unlocked. All in all, it's a terrible idea, so "they can't do it".

This is all speculation btw, I don't know exactly how Sony operates ?.

Edited by Ric

I'm just dumbfounded that someone thought either of them would have that ability.

If that was a thing everyone would be like "hey sony, I platinum'd sigma 2 and none of the trophies popped. Force that through for me right quick." lol. 

It just doesn't make sense for them to even have that ability. 

I guess greed got to them after the massive success The Witcher 3 had. 

After how they handled Gwent: The Witcher Card game, I figured something was up at CD Projekt Red. Whoever is running the company now is being a complete asshat. 

The one post I made in the thread regarding SIE removing Cyberpunk 2077 from the PS Store has 17 upvotes. A lot of disgruntled fans, now the company is offering refunds to them. 

Garbage like this is why I’ve been hesitant to jump headfirst into the PS5/Xbox Series One generation. Too much greed, corporate influence and half assed productions made to sucker money out of people. 

Just look at how 2K Sports has handled NBA 2K21 and the utter filth they have offered for microtransactions/lootboxes. Purely a business decision to sucker money, and that formula has worked in the corporate executives favor.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

They're all gonna be pre-release awards, Like Best of E3, Most Anticipated of Next Year, etc.

How curious.  Since advanced copies were late (and limited to PCs) these venues must have presented awards based on trailers.

"The company only shared advance copies of the PC version with gaming publications and news organizations, previewing the best possible version of Cyberpunk to reviewers who would post their ratings online just days before the game’s release."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/19/style/cyberpunk-2077-video-game-disaster.html

A trailer/commercial that doesn't truthfully reflect the product is a lie.  Seems to substantiate the title of this thread, though the adjective 'filthy' may be a stretch.

Edit:  When lawyers call you out for issuing 'false and/or misleading statements', then you've really gone big league.

https://www.accesswire.com/621665/IMPORTANT-INVESTOR-NOTICE-The-Schall-Law-Firm-Announces-it-is-Investigating-Claims-Against-CD-Projekt-SA-and-Encourages-Investors-with-Losses-of-100000-to-Contact-the-Firm

Edited by pogo_loco
  • Like 1

Keep your expectations low when dealing with customer support in general. I've rarely had a satisfactory experience with any company.

Cyberpunk might just top stuff like Arkham Knight and ME: Andromeda for biggest launch fiasco, further reaffirming my decision to refrain from buying new games. I had already planned to avoid it altogether, after hearing about the segments that can trigger epileptic symptoms (which I'm susceptible to). How those made it into the final game is baffling. Supposedly, they're patched now, but taking the whole dumpster fire into consideration, I still have no desire to ever bother with it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DaivRules said:

6 hours ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

Keep your expectations low when dealing with customer support in general. I've rarely had a satisfactory experience with any company.

This and this. The best course of action in my mind is keeping save files intact and wait for a patch. I have never heard of ANYONE who actually got help from support person directly. And from my experience working in this area, they don't have the capability or authority to do this.

• Like 1