To all who don't have a PS5 yet: Which game would force you to buy one?

woggly4

A remake or remaster of the first Metal Gear Solid would absolutely get my wallet chucked out of the window.

If not, whatever Hideo Kojima's brewing at the moment (praying for a horror game since they pulled the plug on P.T.). There's also the fact that I'm hoping for special editions of the console itself (like how PS4's have ll sorts of limited-edition decals) -- an interesting game with a nice coat of paint would definitely be more interesting, but it's an aspect of the PS5 that a lot of people don't really talk about. Maybe because it won't happen any time soon?

On 20.12.2020 at 8:55 PM, woggly4 said:

What do you think? Do you have a game that really makes you mad that you didn't have the opportunity to buy a PS5?

Nope, nothing. Both new consoles have nothing other than cool hardware features as of now.

As always, I will be waiting at least six months before I throw money out the window for new electronic toys. Sony currently has three games in the pipeline that are obligatory for me:

• Gran Turismo 7
  • God of War Ragnarok
  • Horizon: Forbidden West

As long as no clear release date is out, PS5 will remain unpurchased.

An empty backlog would do it.

Plus

- Virtua Fighter 6

- FF16

- Neo: The World Ends With You

- Bioshock 4

- XCom 3

Basically any of them and im on the hunt 2mo.

But for now by backlog is so big its weighing me down and i cant move.

For me the ps5 launch lineup was crap. Just full of multi platform or remake/remastery stuff.

Maybe Bugsnax looks interesting, but thats not a console seller in my eyes. 

Only a fool (imo) buys a console on release. You are paying the the most amount of money, for the worse version of the console, with the least amount of games available. 

• Like 3

Honestly I'm still more than happy with my PS4 and still have a PS3 to go back to eventually.

Not that I don't want a PS5 but it's not a necessity at the moment. The games I want to play will still be there when the time comes.

Aside from the fact that I can't find one at list price, I would want to wait for at least a few games that don't have a PS4 version before buying it.  Right now I would just be using it to play my PS4 games, just on a SSD.  I need to justify spending that much on a console by knowing there will be games worth playing on it, which I know there will be, they're just not out yet.

Waiting on games like RE8, Ratchet & Clank, God of War, Horizon Forbidden West, before I get one. 

Right now the available games don't justify the price or the hassle, to me at least.

the problem is not not having games, you can't get one period so this is an irrelevant question, but let's say we live in a fantasy timeline where there's infinite ps5 stock, and I wouldn't want to get one unless there was a game I want day one with it, from the games announced so far for it, that would be the new God Of War

Edited by The Investigator

If I could actually get one, I'd be happy to play Demon's Souls, Miles Morales and Sackboy on it.  I actually have those games already, just trying to find a PS5.

If you held a gun to my head and asked me specifically what game or games would sell the console for me... it's probably a toss up between Horizon 2 and Resident Evil Village.

• Like 1

As for games out/coming out it would be Sackboy, Horizon Forbidden West and Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart. Even though the first are also on PS4, I figure I may as well wait to play them on PS5 for a potentially better experience. Just waiting for a PS5 slim because the current model is too damn chonky.

If we're talking about hypothetically games, I'd like a PSASBR2.