To all who don't have a PS5 yet: Which game would force you to buy one?

woggly4

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing.

In these times of COVID-19, I'm barely scrapping by. Got no real income so buying a PS5 is completely out the window, can only buy a couple games here and there on older systems that are at a discount.

Because of my long time interest in the God of War franchise, the new God of War coming out for the PS5 may convince me to buy a PS5. But right now there is absolutely nothing on that system that sticks out to me.

So essentially I'm just going to keep doing what I've been doing, chipping away at my PS3/PS4 backlog until I get it down to a decent number. There's too many games I got to be concerned about paying full price for the PS5, and even if I wanted to get it right now I cannot because I'm broke.

All I see is fantastic visuals and a bunch of open world games. Astro's Playroom is really the only big title I see that is at least trying something different, most of the other PS5 games are basically 'superior' versions of their PS4 counterparts, and the games that are only for the PS5 don't catch my interest at all.

It's going to have to be a breakout title. Right now it's too early, and I'll be breaking the rule I've adopted since the PS2 generation: Good things come to those who wait. Another year, and there will be a much bigger and better selection for the PS5. I can guarantee you all that.

• Like 1

• Soul Sacrifice 2/Remake
  • Dead or Alive Extreme 4 :Censored Vacation
  • Senran Kagura 7ensored
  • Bloodborne 2
  • Demon Souls Trilogy
  • Dark Souls 4
  • Summer Lesson 2

man can dream, but theres no stock  ps5 anyway even when above games released probably until early 2022 on my place

• Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 11:41 AM, ExcrucioVII said:

A remake or remaster of the first Metal Gear Solid would absolutely get my wallet chucked out of the window.

It would be nice if MGS: Twin Snakes would get ported like Resident Evil did but that might (probably wont) not happen. Otherwise it is odd to remake a remake.

Gravity Rush 3.

Only game that'd get me to buy a console within the first year of launch, and it'll likely never happen now Toyama's making cool survival horror games with his new studio. Whatever they're making over there would probably sell me as well but they've suggested 2023 earliest for their game so hey.

I'll get a PS5 probably in 2022 once more cool games come out for it though, maybe earlier if a bunch of heavy hitters land later this year.

• Like 1

I plan to get one within the next 2 years or so regardless. The only exclusive out for it currently is Demon's Souls, and I've already played the original, I don't care to get a new console for essentially just one game, so I'm waiting for it to build up a bigger library, and hopefully finish off my PS3 backlog so I actually have physical space for it when I do eventually get one.

Really can't think of anything that would suddenly come out for it that I would want to play ASAP. I kinda don't really care to play games as soon as humanly possible any more, unless it's something I've long been anticipating, which hasn't been a lot in recent years.

Only thing that comes to mind would probably be an Megami Tensei game. SMT5 is apparently coming to Switch in the next 2 decades this year, and Atlus will likely keep milking Persona 5 for another 2-3 years so... I don't see that happening until after I already have a PS5 anyway. A lot of upcoming JRPGs are still coming to PS4 (or Switch) this year anyway, and FF16 is probably just going to be another mediocre modern FF game so I can wait on it like I have with every other FF game after 10.

59 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I plan to get one within the next 2 years or so regardless. The only exclusive out for it currently is Demon's Souls, and I've already played the original, I don't care to get a new console for essentially just one game, so I'm waiting for it to build up a bigger library, and hopefully finish off my PS3 backlog so I actually have physical space for it when I do eventually get one.

Really can't think of anything that would suddenly come out for it that I would want to play ASAP. I kinda don't really care to play games as soon as humanly possible any more, unless it's something I've long been anticipating, which hasn't been a lot in recent years.

Only thing that comes to mind would probably be an Megami Tensei game. SMT5 is apparently coming to Switch in the next 2 decades this year, and Atlus will likely keep milking Persona 5 for another 2-3 years so... I don't see that happening until after I already have a PS5 anyway. A lot of upcoming JRPGs are still coming to PS4 (or Switch) this year anyway, and FF16 is probably just going to be another mediocre modern FF game so I can wait on it like I have with every other FF game after 10.

you literally have no idea if FF XVI is gonna be mediocre or not yet

Normally, I wait at least 2 years after a console launch before I even consider buying a next gen console. That's how I've done it the past two gens. But with the PS5 being backwards compatible and utilizing the hardware to run PS4 games better, I would buy one now. Despite there being nothing on PS5 I actually want to play right now. 

3 minutes ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

and I thought ff xv was good so I have high hopes for xvi as it looks even better

Different strokes different folks, glad to hear you're looking forward to it, I do honestly wish I could be hyped for it. I didn't hate FF15, just found it decent at best. I personally haven't been too impressed with many Final Fantasy game since the PS2, I've chalked it up to maybe me just having rose tinted goggles, but I'm still enjoying newer games from other long running series such as Dragon Quest, SMT and some Nintendo franchises. I think maybe FF has just been a bit too experimental in its newer entries for my liking.

2 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Different strokes different folks, glad to hear you're looking forward to it, I do honestly wish I could be hyped for it. I didn't hate FF15, just found it decent at best. I personally haven't been too impressed with many Final Fantasy game since the PS2, I've chalked it up to maybe me just having rose tinted goggles, but I'm still enjoying newer games from other long running series such as Dragon Quest, SMT and some Nintendo franchises. I think maybe FF has just been a bit too experimental in its newer entries for my liking.

true