To all who don't have a PS5 yet: Which game would force you to buy one?

woggly4

Final Fantasy 16 though I’m not really caught up with the games yet.

PSN version of Theatrhythm.

Action RPG remakes of any FF especially 4 and/or 6.
Kingdom Hearts all in Unreal Engine 4(?) especially with KH Re:358/2 Days. And even more especially if they fixed how auto-glide/swimming ruined battling.

It was Fallout 4 the persuaded me to get a PS4, so it would be another Bethesda RPG that would persuade me to get a PS5 right now - TES 6 or Fallout 5. Neither of these are coming any time soon and even if they do come, they may be Xbox/PC exclusives so this is pure fantasy! 

That's kind of a hard one, actually.

I think back to the Nintendo 64 and Sega Dreamcast, the last two systems I was truly excited for. And for both systems, it was their showcase games, Super Mario 64 and Sonic Adventure, that got me so pumped and hyped and begging for a system. 

They both played to their strengths; Mario 64 showcased Nintendo's penchant for solid engaging fundamentals in a (at the time) immersive world, while Sonic Adventure followed through on Sega's devil may care attitude, showcasing action set piece after set piece in a wider variety of more contained worlds.

So going off of that, what does the PS5, what does SONY, have that is uniquely theirs that would make make that leap from 4 to 5? Nothing that I can see right now; the only games I'm evenly remotely interested in are the Spiderman games, and I don't need to go next gen for that.

Shame too, because the Spidey's contain elements from BOTH games I listed, so if it was exclusive for the 5, Miles might have been the one.

I'll wait until there is a slim version with enhanced performance, but if I were to get one, the games that could sell me one were Silent Hills/Silent Hill remake and/or any remake of the first 3 Metal Gear games (Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid, especially the first 2). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I never buy consoles based on games released. It's more about timing and price. I'm not going to pay full retail for a PS5...so I'll be looking out for really good deals in a couple years (under $400 for the disc version). There will obviously be some games not released on the PS4 before I get a PS5 that I'll dread not being able to play...but at least THOSE games will be cheap by the time I get to them. 

Besides, I've gone crazy and have bought like 15 PS4 games since Christmas, which only added to an already stacked backlog...one that still has a few PS3 games on it. I don't need a PS5 yet. 

Edited by Viper

I might put it off until Summer 2022 or something. 
Hopefully the scalping situation won't be as bad either but I probably would have considered had these games been exclusive to Playstation 5
Horizon Forbidden West
Resident Evil Village
Hogwart's Legacy
Granblue Fantasy Re: Link
Scarlet Nexus

As for other titles ones I can think of is Ratchet & Clank and Final Fantasy 16 right off  hand.
There is also a chance I might buy the games, but not the system quite yet either.
Probably a Spyro 4 game, would also like to see a New Ecco the Dolphin and Zoids game as well(Similar to Battle Legends on Gamecube and not Wild Blast on Switch)
And probably Okami 3 and Viewtiful Joe 3 would do it as well.

Given that the jump from PS4 to PS5 is basically just shinier for the most part, I'm probably not going to even get one. That's not to say my partner won't though ?

The ONLY game I could see myself considering to buy one would be if Bloodborne II was announced, or if a full Metal Gear 1/2/Solid remake was inbound. Other than that, I've got literally hundreds of games to go through on my PS4 and Switch 

Edited by Palamog46

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I want Demon's Souls, I've checked my list of games I still want to buy on PS4, and there's content easily for another year. Plus my backlog.

Now, if Forbidden West and Ragnarok do launch in the end of this year, then I'll dump my cash in it. Thing is...

1. I doubt Forbidden West will launch 2021.

2. I highly doubt Ragnarok will launch in 2021.

3. I doubt there will be PS5 stock and 2021 will let us buy it in stores, hands on. Was the PS4 that hard to get back on 2013?

I've got a PS5.

The UI is immensely annoying and hard to use. 

The trophy display is immensely annoying and hard to use.
The whole console is immensely annoying and hard to use.

I can't believe how much quicker it is though! ...
GF and I are playing Monster Hunter at the moment. We're connected to the same router, which is sat inbetween our TVs and her PS4 (it's actually mine with a 2 TB HD) and my PS5.

After a quest, I can go and hand everything in, sort my inventory out and select the next Quest before she's even loaded back to the base. I've then got to wait a minute for her to sort her stuff and another minute for her to actually be at the right loading screen.
Whether a PS4 with a SSD would match the PS5, would be really interesting. Because I'll buy her a SSD, so my PS5 upgrade would just become a shitty UI version of a PS4...

Edited by OpenScars