Things Fall Apart Method

reiner-

For anyone having trouble with this trophy (Things Fall Apart), this method will make it easier

HOT SEAT

Ruleset: Expansion: Gathering Storm

Game Modes: Dramatic Ages Mode

Map Type: Pangea

Map Size: Tiny

Resources: Abundant 

Start Location: Legendary

Disasters: 0

City States: 4

Start Era: Ancient Era

Game Speed: Quick

Limit Turns: No Turn Limit

No Barbarians

Civs: 2 (Both controlled by you)

Difficulty: Deity 

Uncheck all Victory Conditions 

For this trophy you will need to go from a Golden Age into a Dark Age so plan ahead which era you want this to happen. I planned for the Renaissance Era to be a Dark Age. You could go for this sooner but it's best to get as many cities built as possible to have a greater chance of losing 4 or more cities. I had 18 cities with each civ just for reference.

Build the first city then a couple of scouts and a builder to kick start the capitals growth. What will also help is to have Magnus the governor in your capital with the Provision promotion.

From here just spam settlers and place them within 4 hexes of each other to use up as much of the landmass as possible. Don't have them found cities yet.

Do this up until the later stages of the Classical Era or until there is no room left to build cities.

Keep in mind that the next age, the Medieval Age will have to be a Golden Age so do what you can to get that era score up.

Now with the Classical Age coming to an end start using all those settlers to build cities. With all those cities built and enough era score to guarantee a Golden Age you will now be spamming out builders.

Improve any tile that will give you extra food but Not Luxury Resources. The goal is to have the cities over populated and with no amenities.

With 4 turns remaining in the Medieval Era go through all your cities and make sure there aren't any citizens working luxury resources. Lock the citizens to any other resource and finish the remaining turns for the era.

Do all of this with both civs and the trophy will be yours.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Thanks, I couldn't get it to unlock in hot seat...so I reloaded the save from the previous turn and switched player 2 to AI and it unlocked. I set up four settlers around the player 2 capital(directly N/S/E/W), and four player 2 settlers around the same capital(NE/NW/SE/SW). I founded all cities 4 turns before the dark ages and they all rebelled no problem.

• Like 1