Apparently replied "No" with Monumental, best course of action with PWCT for plat

Bureauwlamp

Hi guys,

Yesterday, after killing all the BP NPC's, I proudly went up the stairs with my PWCT to visit the Monumental. When talking to him, his only reply is:

"..."

After googling it, this seems to be his reply when you killed a number of archdemons (which I did) and you previously answered NO. Now, I have no recollection of that, and I've followed the PSN Guide, but I can imagine I did it incorrectly when bashing through the voicelines (edit: I've reloaded the Nexus a few times btw, and my CT is really PW as far as I can tell).

So I'm here to discuss what my best course of action is (or shortest) to platinum. I've got a PWCT. Next step would be getting it to PB by killing NPC's, to get the Foe's ring. I've killed all BP's and bosses except 1-4, all my NPC's are alive, and I'm not sure about WT but I can do with that whatever I want because I've done all relevant events. As far as I can tell, I have 2 options:

1. Go through as planned, get my CT to Black and continue the guide. In NG+ I manage to find a boosting partner (since I otherwise need NG++ for PWCT) to bump my CT to PW.

2. Stop doing anything with my CT all together from here, until I reach NG+. Then, in NG+, I get the friend's ring, do my stuff for the Foe's ring, and get the remaining spells while I'm at it.

I'd opt for option 1 because it seems to be the fastest/easiest, but I haven't been able to connect with anyone randomly in game so far (either as BP or as Blue). Is it easy to find a boosting partner? And otherwise, is my 2nd plan doable? Or am I missing some NPC that I'm killing in that plan which blocks me from completing other stuff.

Thank you for your time!

Edited by Bureauwlamp

I would strongly recommend waiting until NG+ and then getting the Ally's Ring right of the bat from the Monumental since it's much harder to get back to PWCT from PB. And I would also suggest doing the PBCT stuff as the absolute last thing unless you want to make things harder for yourself with increased damage and lower health.

• Like 1

Hmm you're right but I figured that'd be easy if I can find a boosting partner that allows me to kill him 10 times (after invading me). Then again, AFAIK I eventually only need Yuria for the Foe's ring, and I'm gonna unlock 1-3 anyway in my NG+ for the spells.

I didn't think about the effects CT has on your character stats, so that's a good point.

Wait till NG+ m8 and do it last, remember PB makes things harder. 

I know all the guides say go PW > PB then NG+, but it would be much easier to plan it better so that we can be as close to PW as possible when going into NG+ (WT and CT) 

At the moment all guides make NG+ even harder, its already hard to begin with so why make it even worse! 

Ideally with the CT, I would upload save before PB, get Foes Ring as last ring, pop trophy then download save back to PWCT ready for NG+!! Foes Ring isnt great anyway simply for platinum!! 

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Wait till NG+ m8 and do it last, remember PB makes things harder. 

I know all the guides say go PW > PB then NG+, but it would be much easier to plan it better so that we can be as close to PW as possible when going into NG+ (WT and CT) 

At the moment all guides make NG+ even harder, its already hard to begin with so why make it even worse! 

Ideally with the CT, I would upload save before PB, get Foes Ring as last ring, pop trophy then download save back to PWCT ready for NG+!! Foes Ring isnt great anyway simply for platinum!! 

That's a good point, forgot that I can just revert my save if it's just about the last ring. Thank you!

43 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Sorry Helyx, I've actually tried googling a (getting reddit etc) but didn't find anything to my specific case (not only "No to monumental" but also PWCT and almost NG+), didn't even think about searching here first (because this topic would've definitely helped). Thanks!

1 hour ago, Kcrack_Km said:

Does character tendency also carry into new game+? Im at the end game and he only talks about going “down below” (I definitely have PWCT), hopefully I can get the ring straight away in a new game. I definitely said yes at the start.

Afaik tendencies does carry into ng+.

Edited by breakXedge
Wrong statement. Tendencies carry over.
  • Like 1