Bureauwlamp

Apparently replied "No" with Monumental, best course of action with PWCT for plat

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Yesterday, after killing all the BP NPC's, I proudly went up the stairs with my PWCT to visit the Monumental. When talking to him, his only reply is:

"..."

After googling it, this seems to be his reply when you killed a number of archdemons (which I did) and you previously answered NO. Now, I have no recollection of that, and I've followed the PSN Guide, but I can imagine I did it incorrectly when bashing through the voicelines (edit: I've reloaded the Nexus a few times btw, and my CT is really PW as far as I can tell).

So I'm here to discuss what my best course of action is (or shortest) to platinum. I've got a PWCT. Next step would be getting it to PB by killing NPC's, to get the Foe's ring. I've killed all BP's and bosses except 1-4, all my NPC's are alive, and I'm not sure about WT but I can do with that whatever I want because I've done all relevant events. As far as I can tell, I have 2 options:

1. Go through as planned, get my CT to Black and continue the guide. In NG+ I manage to find a boosting partner (since I otherwise need NG++ for PWCT) to bump my CT to PW.

2. Stop doing anything with my CT all together from here, until I reach NG+. Then, in NG+, I get the friend's ring, do my stuff for the Foe's ring, and get the remaining spells while I'm at it.

I'd opt for option 1 because it seems to be the fastest/easiest, but I haven't been able to connect with anyone randomly in game so far (either as BP or as Blue). Is it easy to find a boosting partner? And otherwise, is my 2nd plan doable? Or am I missing some NPC that I'm killing in that plan which blocks me from completing other stuff.

Thank you for your time!

Edited by Bureauwlamp

I would strongly recommend waiting until NG+ and then getting the Ally's Ring right of the bat from the Monumental since it's much harder to get back to PWCT from PB. And I would also suggest doing the PBCT stuff as the absolute last thing unless you want to make things harder for yourself with increased damage and lower health.

Hmm you're right but I figured that'd be easy if I can find a boosting partner that allows me to kill him 10 times (after invading me). Then again, AFAIK I eventually only need Yuria for the Foe's ring, and I'm gonna unlock 1-3 anyway in my NG+ for the spells.

I didn't think about the effects CT has on your character stats, so that's a good point.

Wait till NG+ m8 and do it last, remember PB makes things harder. 

I know all the guides say go PW > PB then NG+, but it would be much easier to plan it better so that we can be as close to PW as possible when going into NG+ (WT and CT) 

At the moment all guides make NG+ even harder, its already hard to begin with so why make it even worse! 

Ideally with the CT, I would upload save before PB, get Foes Ring as last ring, pop trophy then download save back to PWCT ready for NG+!! Foes Ring isnt great anyway simply for platinum!! 

Edited by Optinooby

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Wait till NG+ m8 and do it last, remember PB makes things harder. 

I know all the guides say go PW > PB then NG+, but it would be much easier to plan it better so that we can be as close to PW as possible when going into NG+ (WT and CT) 

At the moment all guides make NG+ even harder, its already hard to begin with so why make it even worse! 

Ideally with the CT, I would upload save before PB, get Foes Ring as last ring, pop trophy then download save back to PWCT ready for NG+!! Foes Ring isnt great anyway simply for platinum!! 

That's a good point, forgot that I can just revert my save if it's just about the last ring. Thank you!

43 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Sorry Helyx, I've actually tried googling a (getting reddit etc) but didn't find anything to my specific case (not only "No to monumental" but also PWCT and almost NG+), didn't even think about searching here first (because this topic would've definitely helped). Thanks!

Does character tendency also carry into new game+? Im at the end game and he only talks about going “down below” (I definitely have PWCT), hopefully I can get the ring straight away in a new game. I definitely said yes at the start.

1 hour ago, Kcrack_Km said:

Does character tendency also carry into new game+? Im at the end game and he only talks about going “down below” (I definitely have PWCT), hopefully I can get the ring straight away in a new game. I definitely said yes at the start.

Afaik tendencies does carry into ng+.

Edited by breakXedge
Wrong statement. Tendencies carry over.

1 hour ago, Kcrack_Km said:

Does character tendency also carry into new game+?

Character and World Tendency both carry over into NG+.

Yeah, it worked. Got the ring immediately after selecting “yes” in new game+.