"Nova Say Die" glitched?

Xamthi

One of the challenges I'm having trouble with is

• Nova Say Die: Kill 5 enemies with a Nova shield

I have a nova shield equipped, and it send an electric shock when it gets depleted, however, the kills don't seem to register towards the badass challenge.

Is this a known bug? Or am I simply missing something.

44 minutes ago, Xamthi said:

One of the challenges I'm having trouble with is

• Nova Say Die: Kill 5 enemies with a Nova shield

I have a nova shield equipped, and it send an electric shock when it gets depleted, however, the kills don't seem to register towards the badass challenge.

Is this a known bug? Or am I simply missing something.

Torgue make some explosive nova shields and you just need a white one from a random vending machine, just go back to an earlier area and let the skags munch you for a bit.

16 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

Torgue make some explosive nova shields and you just need a white one from a random vending machine, just go back to an earlier area and let the skags munch you for a bit.

Tried this, got a Explosive Nova Shield. Let it deplete, didn't count.

I gave up on the location and went to holodome instead, worked. 

Used the exact same shield as the one in the video. Might have something to do with the fact it gets depleted by the lava instead of the enemies. 

14 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

thats really weird, maybe try a different shield.  i remember it gave me trouble too i specifically remember that lava pool and waiting for my shield to break trying different shields.

Indeed, seems like environment damage triggering the effect does not count, even if it kills enemies. The enemy should trigger the effect. I think one enemy triggering the effect, resulting in killing multiple also counts as one. Didn't pay much attention to the count so I'm not sure about the last one. But given the fact that environment trigger does not count, it's safe to assume it does.

• Like 1