How is performance on the PS4 Pro?

SirShavesALot

I played like 60-70hours and I can say the game ran flawlessly, there was no issue with frames. The only benefit you will get from PS5 is better resolution and better load times but other than that it was a good experience for me on the Pro.

(I only encountered one bug which: the sword attacks weren't registering but all you need is to reload the game, if you want to get a Plat make sure to get Phosphos before doing any sidequest I got locked out from getting the plat because of it) 

Edited by lDustee
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, zorba-da-greek said:

I'm about 10 hours in (maybe more) and the game has run flawlessly on my base PS4. Thoroughly enjoyable 1f44c.png 

That’s  great news. I’ve been holding off on buying any new games since I’ve been hoping to get a hold of a PS5, but it’s impossible. Will probably pick this up now that I know it performs well on base PS4. Otherwise I will start the PS5 generation with a massive backlog. 

• Like 1

On 2021-01-01 at 7:40 PM, Quink666 said:

How does it run on base PS4?

Really, really well! I've played 70 hours so far and have hade no problems so far.

I also have played Watch Dogs: Legion on my base PS4 and it runs badly unfortunately, which is why I was pleasently surprised by this.

• Like 1

On 22/12/2020 at 9:17 PM, lDustee said:

I played like 60-70hours and I can say the game ran flawlessly, there was no issue with frames. The only benefit you will get from PS5 is better resolution and better load times but other than that it was a good experience for me on the Pro.

(I only encountered one bug which: the sword attacks weren't registering but all you need is to reload the game, if you want to get a Plat make sure to get Phosphos before doing any sidequest I got locked out from getting the plat because of it) 

Don't forget 60fps on PS5 when you play in performance mode :D Not a neccessity for a game like this imo, but nice to have nonetheless.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2021 at 10:39 AM, LordBilbanes said:

A part of me wants to get this game, but Ubi-Soft has a nasty habit of adding game play affecting micro transactions in single player games. 

I don’t recall such a thing. I only recall mt’s that affect the game visually and this one definitely has that. But gameplay itself? No. 

I have a PS4 Pro at home and a PS4 Slim that I play in my truck with a Gaems 17” 1080p monitor. This game runs really good on the slim so far. 

Edited by I-Reaped-U